COVID Buddy-check thread

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
So my wife woke up feeling very sick, went to ER and had them check me out too. They think I just have bronchitis. They're not sure about her and said it could be a bad flu or Covid. So now I have to go on quarantine with her. So no work for a while...
Take care of yourself bud. Bronchitis if left unattended can become pneumonia. Lots of rest!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So my wife woke up feeling very sick, went to ER and had them check me out too. They think I just have bronchitis. They're not sure about her and said it could be a bad flu or Covid. So now I have to go on quarantine with her. So no work for a while...
Jesus my friend. Get yourselves taken care of, and take care of each other.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I worry that my sister is a nurse in a big hospital in TX, but she's under 50 and fit so she'd be ok.
Typically yes, the odds are good that most of us can get through it just fine, but there are cases like that 40yr old guy in Miami that died. He was in good health before and not one of the risky demographics. COVID-19 just seems to hit some people a lot harder than others.

Call your sister everyday! She needs all the support she can get right now.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
So I got up this morning, got in the shower right away, did the usual morning routine, even got dressed... okay fine, sweat pants and my TEST Polo... but point is I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday when I was just a scrub in my PJs all day. Gonna need to make a provisions run soon, well Alcohol provisions, we still have plenty of food. But I want more whiskey and I'm at 2.5 bottles of Vodka.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, it finally happened.

Have been working from home for about 2 weeks now and ignoring the situation as hard as I can other than charting the infection/death rate, but the sector I'm in has had a bit of a contraction due to lower demand and supply issues coming into the country and the availability of suppliers/executors.

I've finally been "furloughed" as of tomorrow.

This is where the government pays 80% of a persons wage in return for their employer not firing them with a lack of work about, awaiting the pandemic passing and the economy being able to pick back up where it left off. Part of the conditions of this is a person on Ferlough is not allowed to do any work. I'm thinking of this as some kind of Tax Back. Of course now worries are on if 80% of my wage is enough to pay all the bills. Won't find out until payday.

So yeah.

Reality has finally caught up with me.

On the plus side, I don't think I or anyone in my house has actually had the virus, so all thanks for small (or big) mercies.

Mrs. 'BobFace has "Plans".

Last edited:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari

Have been working from home for about 2 weeks now and ignoring the situation as hard as I can other than charting the infection/death rate, but the sector I'm in has had a bit of a contraction due to lower demand and supply issues coming into the country and the availability of suppliers/executors.

This is where the government pays 80% of a persons wage in return for their employer not firing them with a lack of work about, awaiting the pandemic passing and the economy being able to pick back up where it left off. Part of the conditions of this is a person on Ferlough is not allowed to do any work. I'm thinking of this as some kind of Tax Back. Of course now worries are on if 80% of my wage is enough to pay all the bills. Won't find out until payday.

So yeah.

On the plus side, I don't think I or anyone in my house has actually had the virus, so all thanks for small (or big) mercies.

Sorry to hear about that! I've been 'Funemployed' for the past couple of weeks as well after they shut my show down. We're told we'll go straight back to work once the Government lifts the social distancing rules.

Ah well...Star Citizen 3.9 is just around the corner though right? :o7:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Being furloughed with most of your pay doesn't sound as bad as it could be. I mean I guess you could spend that time being productive like doing some skill learning or home repairs... or the better idea play lots of SC. But it sounds like your unexpected free time is already being hijacked. Good luck!

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
Was hanging with my father a week ago from last Friday night, and he said towards the end of the night he felt off like he might be fighting something. Sure enough, he woke up Saturday with a fever and dry cough. They tested him on Sunday because of his age and heart issues and it came back positive. ☹

Since we both had to quarantine i have moved in here to help him out, and my mom has had to stay away in her own self imposed quarantine down at their vacation house where she had been for the week prior. We are able to maintain a good amount of separation here and being careful to keep things disinfected. So far i have not shown any symptoms of it, although i have to assume for safety sake i do in fact have it.

Luckily, his symptoms have been mild and haven't required hospitalization. In fact he didn't have a fever while taking Tylenol for 3 days towards end of last week, so he stopped taking that but then the fever came back the next day. So its just kinda dragging on, but the cough has pretty much gone away and his energy levels seem to be getting better and he is eating more. Thank God.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Oh shit...

Stay healthy!
Take care of yourself bud. Bronchitis if left unattended can become pneumonia. Lots of rest!
Jesus my friend. Get yourselves taken care of, and take care of each other.
Thanks guys. Work is trying to do what they can to get corporate to pay me the 2 weeks quarantine time they set aside for people. But since I'm not the sick one and they didn't do a test for me, it's going to be hard to get them to approve it. Hopefully it'll go through though. My managers are great people, it's just corporate that are assholes.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Was hanging with my father a week ago from last Friday night, and he said towards the end of the night he felt off like he might be fighting something. Sure enough, he woke up Saturday with a fever and dry cough. They tested him on Sunday because of his age and heart issues and it came back positive. ☹

Since we both had to quarantine i have moved in here to help him out, and my mom has had to stay away in her own self imposed quarantine down at their vacation house where she had been for the week prior. We are able to maintain a good amount of separation here and being careful to keep things disinfected. So far i have not shown any symptoms of it, although i have to assume for safety sake i do in fact have it.

Luckily, his symptoms have been mild and haven't required hospitalization. In fact he didn't have a fever while taking Tylenol for 3 days towards end of last week, so he stopped taking that but then the fever came back the next day. So its just kinda dragging on, but the cough has pretty much gone away and his energy levels seem to be getting better and he is eating more. Thank God.
Hope everything turns out fine. Scary times right now. Luckily your mom has a place she can stay away from you.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I was working the past few weeks, we were deemed essential as I work on diesel trucks, woke up today with nasty cough, fever, chills, tired and just feeling like the flu, called work they gave me a number, because I live in Chicago (same county) and they have had a huge spike in cases I am automatically told to stay home for 7 days after the initial systems are discovered, cant go back until I have had 3 days consecutive of no symptoms, they wont test us because they are over whelmed and only testing severe patients, I am 45 and other than being over weight in generally good health, just hoping its the regular flu but I totally agree we cannot take chances, I just hope having recently switched jobs this wont affect my employment.

So I will be home for at least 7 days,

Cpt_Trips

Admiral
Donor
Mar 28, 2020
RSI Handle
DominoSugar
I have my mother quarantined at her house. I won't even go in the house when I drop food off for her. She makes sure to wipe and disinfect everything that I bring to her. We try to be as careful as we can. My wife has very bad asthma so she is very high risk. The restaurant I work in is temporally closed. I actually feel lucky in a way that I got layed off . That way I don't have to interact with co workers. When I leave the house for food or to drop food off for my mother I come home and strip at the door , put my clothes in a bag to wash them right away and jump in the shower after I disinfect everything I touched. I still ask myself if I am being careful enough. Its definitely scary. I live in New Jersey and it amazes me how many people dont take this seriously STILL. Those kind of people scare me even more. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I have my mother quarantined at her house. I won't even go in the house when I drop food off for her. She makes sure to wipe and disinfect everything that I bring to her. We try to be as careful as we can. My wife has very bad asthma so she is very high risk. The restaurant I work in is temporally closed. I actually feel lucky in a way that I got layed off . That way I don't have to interact with co workers. When I leave the house for food or to drop food off for my mother I come home and strip at the door , put my clothes in a bag to wash them right away and jump in the shower after I disinfect everything I touched. I still ask myself if I am being careful enough. Its definitely scary. I live in New Jersey and it amazes me how many people dont take this seriously STILL. Those kind of people scare me even more. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there!
You're not being too careful. My wife took it very seriously, but still went out and ran around doing errands or prepping. I told her not to do it, cause she gets sick super easily, but she's stubborn. Stay safe.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Typically yes, the odds are good that most of us can get through it just fine, but there are cases like that 40yr old guy in Miami that died. He was in good health before and not one of the risky demographics. COVID-19 just seems to hit some people a lot harder than others.

Call your sister everyday! She needs all the support she can get right now.
Amen to all of this. There are more and more reports of people who are younger and healthy that are being adversely affected. Keep yourself safe.

And for the love of God, support all those friends and family who are still out there keeping this works running.
Just realized. I can drink at work now.
Hahaha, it's freaking amazing, right?
So I got up this morning, got in the shower right away, did the usual morning routine, even got dressed... okay fine, sweat pants and my TEST Polo... but point is I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday when I was just a scrub in my PJs all day. Gonna need to make a provisions run soon, well Alcohol provisions, we still have plenty of food. But I want more whiskey and I'm at 2.5 bottles of Vodka.
Lol, I'm trying not drinking for a few days. It's horrible, but I am officially "back to work" next week. From home. But nonetheless, I shall attempt to establish a normal routine.

So yeah.

I pray the 80% is enough my friend. You will find that time rapidly filled with wifey projects, lol. It's not so bad. Lots of family time is a good thing, right?
Sorry to hear about that! I've been 'Funemployed' for the past couple of weeks as well after they shut my show down. We're told we'll go straight back to work once the Government lifts the social distancing rules.

Ah well...Star Citizen 3.9 is just around the corner though right? :o7:
How's your partner been holding up? The stress is very real eh?

Jesus Fade, that's scary. Take care of him, and yourself. Glad your mom has a place to isolate. Please keep us posted brother. Much love old friend.
Thanks guys. Work is trying to do what they can to get corporate to pay me the 2 weeks quarantine time they set aside for people. But since I'm not the sick one and they didn't do a test for me, it's going to be hard to get them to approve it. Hopefully it'll go through though. My managers are great people, it's just corporate that are assholes.
Here's praying corporate aren't douchebags. You'd think that at a time like this, they'd want to take care of their people
I was working the past few weeks, we were deemed essential as I work on diesel trucks, woke up today with nasty cough, fever, chills, tired and just feeling like the flu, called work they gave me a number, because I live in Chicago (same county) and they have had a huge spike in cases I am automatically told to stay home for 7 days after the initial systems are discovered, cant go back until I have had 3 days consecutive of no symptoms, they wont test us because they are over whelmed and only testing severe patients, I am 45 and other than being over weight in generally good health, just hoping its the regular flu but I totally agree we cannot take chances, I just hope having recently switched jobs this wont affect my employment.

So I will be home for at least 7 days,
While I hope your employment isn't affected either, I'm really hoping that you health isn't affected at all.
It's great to hear that you're taking the measures you are, and taking the safety of your family so seriously. Especially where your area had been hit so hard. Kudos. Stay safe.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I pray the 80% is enough my friend. You will find that time rapidly filled with wifey projects, lol. It's not so bad. Lots of family time is a good thing, right?
True that. I'll wait and see what happens :)

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
So an update from me and @Blind Owl will probably understand this one a bit more. I went on my march break leave I had to burn, had 2 whole weeks left (yay me) back around March 1st or 2nd, before any case was confirmed in Canada. I had a cold going into the leave and developed a nasal drip (those suck btw). Went back to work, still congested but otherwise fine.

Still had some blockage in my throat so I went to the base hospital sick parade. Keep in mind these are the same people who had given me medication for my nasal drip weeks prior and told me to check back. They got all dressed in bio suits today, did a bunch of tests on me in a quarantine zone, found out what I reported was in fact true........after I told them multiple times and they checked the records.

Long story short, because I entered a quarantine zone of the hospital and because I still have an infection, I'm now quarantined for 2 weeks

Forgot your password?