Guess the Aegis ship going to be announced in Frankfurt Aug 24th

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
My feeling is that it's a carrier who's main advantage over the Kraken is that it holds its ships in enclosed hanagars for additional ship and pilot protection but it will carry less/smaller ships.
As much as a new carrier would be nice, the more I think about it the more that I don't believe that is what it will be, The ship that you've described already exists in 2 forms (Idris) that are both part of the Aegis lineup. The next larger carrier would most likely be the Bengal & a smaller carrier would be effectively pointless given that the Polaris can already store 1 med sized ship in its hanger.

Its the Aegis Battle Cruiser

I was wrong the last times we guessed so statistically its likely that i'm right
I hope that you're correct my friend. That would be something quite interesting & big.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Well on the one hand its nice to be surprised with something completely new but do we need another mechanics black hole to fill. On the other its just another ship that needs building. Being pragmatic its probably a mid sized ship since they sold well (and well they have spent all cash raised already so always need to mine for more!).

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Well, last CitizenCon 2948 Drake Interplanetary was the sponsor, so Drake Kraken was presented. Given that, according to RSI website, this CitizenCon 2949 is sponsored by Anvil Aerospace [ RSI CitizenCon page ] it seems reasonable to assume it will be an Anvil ship. If it is an announcement, then the ship should not exist yet, otherwise it may exist unbeknownst to us, but beknownst to them. So it should not be an F8 or Carrack, it should be something new.

Also, in an attempt to make an informed guess we may look at the role coverage and past performance. Drake had ships from a space bike, to a light fighter, medium fighter, freighter, no exploration ship and no capital class ship. In capital class ships there were no carriers that can carry ships on the flight deck, only internally, so there was Kraken.

Anvil is a military ship manufacturer. However, Aegis Dynamics is also a military ship manufacturer and they have a Vulcan (support ship) Reclaimer (salvage). Anvil Aerospace currently has many ship classes, including support (Crucible and Valkyrie) and land vehicles, but they don't have a Space Bike, a Semi-Capital Class Ship, Capital Class Ship, a light vehicle, a combat vehicle like a Tank.

Moreover, we know from lore that The UEE military uses modified Hull D as part of their supply chain, arming and refueling the soldiers on the front line. Therefore, it is unlikely that there is a need for Anvil Aerospace to come up with a Freighter.

In addition, we know that Anvil ships are tough as nails, and that the Anvil armor is among the best in the 'verse. We also know that Anvil likes to use guns, turrets and gimbals. Whatever Anvil produces is likely to be not stealthy, somewhat bulky, but very well armed with guns and with very tough armor.

Finally, we know that in a capital class ships there is a gap between a Destroyer (Javelin) and a Carrier (Bengal): there are gunships, a corvette, and a frigate. In comparison, Vanduul have ships in classes from Battle Cruiser / Battle Ship to Mothership. We know that there is a Super-dreadnought, but that's likely out of scope of the presentation, as well as Mothership class.

Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that it is likely that Anvil Aerospace may present several ships. Possibly two tiered capital class Battle Ship (upper tier with more armor and shields, but slower) and a Battle Cruiser (lower tier, same guns, maybe torpedoes, less armor and shields, but faster and more maneuverable). Also, it is possible that Anvil would present an Anvil Tank and Armored Personnel Carrier (APC).

🍻

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
So my first clue is the teaser in the email stating "possibility" of an upcoming "big announcement" from Aegis.

Second clue is the drama roleplayed by the actors/entertainers at CitizenCon 2948 between Drake and Aegis. It was mostly with respect to the Idris-K but I believe it is an unresolved dispute (to date).

So ... In order of likeliness the following are predictions from my speculatorium:
Carrier that has a giant landing area with ceiling/walls that fold out.
Idris sized gun oriented ship (think Idris with multiple railguns)
Large Dropship for Tonks and Titans.

Things it will not be:
Small
Large Salvage (there is already the Aegis reclaimer)
Destroyer sized non-carrier military ship (there is already the Javelin)
Torpedo boat (Polaris exists, and Javelin has the S12 torpedoes)

That's all I have for now. Back to the speculatorium. 🤔

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
Didn't they say that they are not selling the F8 and everyone who plays through SQ42 gets a voucher to buy one in the persistent universe?
Well they did say the Gladius is limited and now you can get ccu. They haven't made anything yet they havent sold except for planets though if you own enough land you could own a planet.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
If I were to make a guess, I'd think that it would be something needed for S42. In such a case, a carrier, or some kind of fighter would make most sense to me. Now taking S42 out of the mix, Ages could use a freighter to add variety to that role base, but also consider that salvaging is not too far off. Q4 2019, if I recall? A salvaging boat would be appropriate in that case, but then again, we only have 1 mining ship that's flight ready with mining being implemented but un-loved at this time... anyway, I'm rambling at this point.

Forgot your password?