I say the Banu Merchantman is going to be +$1000 when it is flight ready

SGTShine

Grand Admiral
Jan 28, 2019
RSI Handle
SGTShine
Honestly if it's that high in price with real world money, I'll grind for it or just be a crewmen on another persons' BMM. I ran so many missions in 3.14 to grind and buy ships ingame I can do it for the BMM if I had the motivation! I get it, it's going to be a sweet ass ship and it's supporting the game development but I don't want to take out a second mortgage to buy ships for the game. It looks like a really amazing ship but I don't think the game play loop is what I want to do in the verse. I'm more of exploration/Mercenary, the 400 is a good starting point for me and I also have a Carrack with big crew nights.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Obviously it wont be priced more than a Privateer.

Now for some gifting reason will they make this ship goes beyond 1000$? To be another grey market jewell once the newer released BMM @1000+ wont be tradable anymore when the older ones will still be? I doubt that.

I do not see it goes beyond the price of a 890, it has no capital components yet.

Also the BMM started at 250$, not 300$.

Also we do not know if the 2880 SCU of cargo is including the shops or not. The Privateer has 2658 SCU total if we include the 8 public and 2 private shops.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I just want to ad the AFK potential of the BMM.
If it is like the Privateer, it will work like that :

When owners log off, will the Kraken remain online? How will other people take advantage of purchasing, selling, renting, etc. when owners aren’t online?

The ship will follow the same rules as others for remaining online: if players are on or nearby, it won’t be removed from play until various conditions are satisfied.
source : https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/17392-Q-A-Drake-Kraken-Privateer

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Obviously it wont be priced more than a Privateer.

Now for some gifting reason will they make this ship goes beyond 1000$? To be another grey market jewell once the newer released BMM @1000+ wont be tradable anymore when the older ones will still be? I doubt that.

I do not see it goes beyond the price of a 890, it has no capital components yet.

Also the BMM started at 250$, not 300$.

Also we do not know if the 2880 SCU of cargo is including the shops or not. The Privateer has 2658 SCU total if we include the 8 public and 2 private shops.
think of it this way if they make it 1000+ what ship can you upgrade the BMM to from that point? i think it really solves the issue of all those 350 usd free CCUs out there, and rewards those people who got it for those cheaper prices.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
think of it this way if they make it 1000+ what ship can you upgrade the BMM to from that point? i think it really solves the issue of all those 350 usd free CCUs out there, and rewards those people who got it for those cheaper prices.
Very true indeed. But you can also see the BMM in its current state as a great intermediate CCU for ships like Carrack, Polaris and so on.

In both case you win.

But I still think you win more if you can use the BMM CCU to get high end ships cheaper (from M2 to Polaris at the moment before next price bump). If you have multiple CCU and the ship is 1000+ in the end, who would need multiple BMM besides a few whales ;)

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Very true indeed. But you can also see the BMM in its current state as a great intermediate CCU for ships like Carrack, Polaris and so on.

In both case you win.

But I still think you win more if you can use the BMM CCU to get high end ships cheaper (from M2 to Polaris at the moment before next price bump). If you have multiple CCU and the ship is 1000+ in the end, who would need multiple BMM besides a few whales ;)
pretty much they would have to buy the CCUs now and use them now that issue already exists i think CIG is aware that is what people are doing and they are missing out on alot of money with high tier ships and they can't create artificial scarcity. i also forget if a ship becomes more expensive than its upgrade doesnt that prevent the upgrade also? (Ex upgrading from BMM to endeavor)

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I also forget if a ship becomes more expensive than its upgrade doesnt that prevent the upgrade also? (Ex upgrading from BMM to endeavor)
As long as the BMM CCU (where BMM is target ship) is in your hangar (works also if in buyback for recent CCU) AND the next CCU in the chain is also in your hangar, you can still use the BMM CCU even if the BMM melt value becomes higher than the melt value of the next ship in the path.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
As long as the BMM CCU (where BMM is target ship) is in your hangar (works also if in buyback for recent CCU) AND the next CCU in the chain is also in your hangar, you can still use the BMM CCU even if the BMM melt value becomes higher than the melt value of the next ship in the path.
easy fix would be to disable that.

Forgot your password?