SPAIs. Star Citizen RP1 Facebook Convo.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I admit, I am the SPAI. I was sent here by [REDACTED] to achieve [REDACTED].

But then I fell in love with y'all, and my wifey is jealous! Ha
Mission well and truly [REDACTED]!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
the hate stems from people's fear that large Orgs will leverage their size advantage to limit smaller Orgs' opportunities

as has happened in Eve Online

but Chris Roberts is designing Star Citizen's economy so that can never happen

no Org will be able to dominate where all the players together constitute only ten percent of the total economy

as much as my competitive nature wants to raise a toast to my fellow TESTes with a glass of our enemies' tears

I don't see what there will be to fight over, let alone 'win'

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I don't see what there will be to fight over, let alone 'win'
My friend, some people just want to watch the world burn just for she sheer hell of being able to say they did it.

These are the players of the Metagame, normal play does not appeal to them in any way... "Say, that's a nice Org you got there, it'd be a shame if something..." *Sweeps ornament off mandle piece which shatters on the floor* "...if someone happened to it?"

View: https://youtu.be/ermfi5ake6Q?t=2m19s

Last edited:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
My friend, some people just want to watch the world burn just for she sheer hell of being able to say they did it.
These are the players of the Metagame, normal play does not appeal to them in any way... "Say, that's a nice Org you got there, it'd be a shame if something..."
[WALL O'TEXT]
destroying without any benefit to yourself is the definition of griefing

what you're calling 'the Metagame' is just a protection racket that uses the threat of destruction to generate a revenue stream

the game designers made 'lawful' space for risk-averse players - where following through on extortionate threats will cost the extortionists more than they can earn

turning extortion into griefing, and making it unsustainable

large Orgs could take over in 'lawless' space

but before long there wouldn't be anyone left there to exploit

without some sort of sovereignty mechanism like Eve Online's

no one will invest in the infrastructure needed to extract resources profitably from lawless space

the true Metagame , by definition, is using resources above and beyond the game for in-game advantage

e.g. Org leaders coordinating via Discord to 'win' without ever logging in to SC
[/WALL O'TEXT]

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
[WALL O'TEXT]
destroying without any benefit to yourself is the definition of griefing

what you're calling 'the Metagame' is just a protection racket that uses the threat of destruction to generate a revenue stream

the game designers made 'lawful' space for risk-averse players - where following through on extortionate threats will cost the extortionists more than they can earn

turning extortion into griefing, and making it unsustainable

large Orgs could take over in 'lawless' space

but before long there wouldn't be anyone left there to exploit

without some sort of sovereignty mechanism like Eve Online's

no one will invest in the infrastructure needed to extract resources profitably from lawless space

the true Metagame , by definition, is using resources above and beyond the game for in-game advantage

e.g. Org leaders coordinating via Discord to 'win' without ever logging in to SC
[/WALL O'TEXT]

It has been my hope since they introduced the pioneer and land claims that it will be possible to lay claim to more than just a small patch of land, but within a corporation be able to build whole cities. That we will be able to buy/take over space stations and claim asteroid fields by sheer presence. We know that there is an intention in having raw minerals mined to be used to the outpost build process. That they are going to have safish space but for those who wish to soak up the riches of the verse then they will have to venture far from the reaches of the UEC. That Pyro will be the first introduction of such space as they really want to balance the risk/reward factor.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
It has been my hope since they introduced the pioneer and land claims that it will be possible to lay claim to more than just a small patch of land, but within a corporation be able to build whole cities. That we will be able to buy/take over space stations and claim asteroid fields by sheer presence. We know that there is an intention in having raw minerals mined to be used to the outpost build process. That they are going to have safish space but for those who wish to soak up the riches of the verse then they will have to venture far from the reaches of the UEC. That Pyro will be the first introduction of such space as they really want to balance the risk/reward factor.
[YET ANOTHER WALL O'TEXT]
what happens if you don't have an Eve-like sovereignty mechanic is a phenomenon known as 'time zone ping pong'

you and your mates in the European time zone find a good planet to exploit and set about building a base, then log off at the end of the evening

the Russians log on, see what you've done and say, "Nice planet, we'll take it," then proceed to destroy your defenses and build themselves a base

after the Russians log off, the East Asians log on, destroy the Russian infrastructure, and build their own

next it's the turn of the West coast Americans, then the East coast Americans

and when they've logged off it's your turn again, and you have a job of work to do just to get back to where you started the night before

Orgs from all those other time zones may not get involved

it only takes one

you might say, "An Org our size has players in all time zones, we can defend what we build" but it's an uphill battle to get your Org-mates to commit to your project instead of doing their own thing

because it's a game, not a job
[/YET ANOTHER WALL O'TEXT]

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
[YET ANOTHER WALL O'TEXT]
what happens if you don't have an Eve-like sovereignty mechanic is a phenomenon known as 'time zone ping pong'

you and your mates in the European time zone find a good planet to exploit and set about building a base, then log off at the end of the evening

the Russians log on, see what you've done and say, "Nice planet, we'll take it," then proceed to destroy your defenses and build themselves a base

after the Russians log off, the East Asians log on, destroy the Russian infrastructure, and build their own

next it's the turn of the West coast Americans, then the East coast Americans

and when they've logged off it's your turn again, and you have a job of work to do just to get back to where you started the night before

Orgs from all those other time zones may not get involved

it only takes one

you might say, "An Org our size has players in all time zones, we can defend what we build" but it's an uphill battle to get your Org-mates to commit to your project instead of doing their own thing

because it's a game, not a job
[/YET ANOTHER WALL O'TEXT]

So ARK base building.

Its going to be intresting none the less.

Some advantages I can think of so far mentioned
  • Planets are huge. It's going to be difficult to find your base.
  • Land claims are in UEC space so your base is protected by the never sleeping UEC.
  • You can hire AI to protect your base.
  • It's not known if you will be able to destroy the buildings or simply rob the place.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
We have that! We call it TEST Squadron.

We are basically a bunch of spies from other orgs all pretending to be in this org.
Shit, he figured it out. I thought that by repping TEST at Citcon in TEST gear, manning the TEST booth for hours, carrying that gorgeous print by @Hasgaha right to the devs themselves, and drinking TEST funded.. (umm.. what were we drinking? @O-Lefty ?? @wmk??) that I'd pass as something more than a filthy affiate spai... ah, not to be.

*sips single malt, contemplating new master plan*

Forgot your password?