Think I'm done with TS' Discord for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyOmega

Commander
Oct 21, 2016
RSI Handle
WhiskeyOmega
Not to name names on here but On Tuesday I was on Discord and became the victim of bullying through the voice channels. Now the fact I was bullied should really bother me except I suffer from Asperger's syndrome and have been in the hospital for a while which means my head isnt exactly in the right place for people to bully me. Now I accept trolls for what they are. The Toxic internet.

What bothers me it seems is the fact I reported this to admin and nothing was done as far as i know. So yea I dont exactly fancy spending my time in a place that lets this happen. See I was willing to help Test and maybe I get misunderstood for who I am. But I dont really feel like helping anyone who doesnt stand up for this sort of thing. Thought I would put this on here 1st as this is a more quiet part of TS' coverage as far as i can tell.

So I think i'll take as step back as I cant have any negativity in my life right now. I can't deal with being pushed towards the edge over something that shouldnt really bother me but does.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
@WhiskeyOmega I am very sorry to hear that you will not be on discord.
I enjoy our conversations and I think you are a terrific person.
I could say that some people are immature but you allready know that.

I sincerely hope that you will reconsider, as the rest of us like you.
I shall always be your friend and will always be available if you every wish to talk or play.
Just message me my friend.

Cosmic

Tiger

Captain
Donor
Oct 11, 2016
RSI Handle
8tiger8
Cosmic Trader is right. Don't let it get to you. See if you can let it go. Try. Please reconsider Discord , Message me if you want to hook up .. I am in Australia and time differences might be crazy.
Ps. Test squadron has a lot of people in it. 99.9% are really cool. Don't let one asshole fuck it up for you my friend.

JohnyGluebag

Vice Admiral
Oct 30, 2016
RSI Handle
JohnyGluebag
No online community will ever be free of issues like this, everyone does not always like everyone else. Most interfaces have tools to let you mute or block content from an individual, thus allowing you to continue with a better experience, Discord allows you to mute/block.

Real life is stressful enough, what is the point of putting up with shit online?...none.

Good luck with it and hope things get better.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Not to name names on here but On Tuesday I was on Discord and became the victim of bullying through the voice channels. Now the fact I was bullied should really bother me except I suffer from Asperger's syndrome and have been in the hospital for a while which means my head isnt exactly in the right place for people to bully me. Now I accept trolls for what they are. The Toxic internet.

What bothers me it seems is the fact I reported this to admin and nothing was done as far as i know. So yea I dont exactly fancy spending my time in a place that lets this happen. See I was willing to help Test and maybe I get misunderstood for who I am. But I dont really feel like helping anyone who doesnt stand up for this sort of thing. Thought I would put this on here 1st as this is a more quiet part of TS' coverage as far as i can tell.

So I think i'll take as step back as I cant have any negativity in my life right now. I can't deal with being pushed towards the edge over something that shouldnt really bother me but does.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm rarely on Discord but I've seen you around the forums. I still can't wrap my head around how this could have happened. Every single testie I've interacted with so far seemed to be an awesome human being (which is almost unheard of for a gaming community), but I'm sad to hear there are also some bad apples.
Keep your spirit high and I hope you'll rejoin us soon!

Cheeri-o7!

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
@WhiskeyOmega if you can't reach any staff in discord (should always be 2 or more of us on!) Shoot myself, Seung, Montoya or any of the officers a PM on the forums. I check my email every few minutes and we all have email notifications to get back to you fast.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Maybe its insensitive to ask(disregard if it is) but how does one get bullied through voicechat?
The same way one would be bullied over the phone, CB radio, an intercom system, skype, facetime, an answer phone, instant messenger, Private Message, text message, email, forums, facebook, twitter, snap-chat, memo, post-it note, scratched in to the paint on the side of your car, in person face to face or one of a hundred other ways of communicating with each other.

I am making an assumption from your comment you have never been the victim of a protracted bullying campaign in the modern age - if you have not, how lucky you are. There is far more to bullying than fisticuffs.

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Look guys, there is another side to this, and that is you need to have a tough skin.

If you are going to be easily offended because one person says something you dont like, you are not going to last long in this org.

We have had plenty of people get pissed off in the past, but we always come back and make it work.

Fuck you all!

Love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?