Upcoming Subscriber Flairs (Updated regularly)

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
New themed racing jackets for Origin, MISC, and the Murray Cup.

Thanks! Looks like I can continue waiting another month/2 months to maybe re-sub...

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
New themed racing jackets for Origin, MISC, and the Murray Cup.

I was like aaaaawww yeah Origin and Misc are my favourites and then I read the comments and someone points out the Misc Razor racer is now Mirai... Gah, they're right!

That said in Lore there is a pfrevious MISC racer, and there is also a Starfarer racing team... maybe it's for those...?

Last edited:

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria

Origin - Centurion and Imperator

MISC - Imperator

Murray Cup - Store

All jackets are priced at $4 in the subscriber store.

Reactions: Drowez

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Well, looks like the new Sub flair is PTU access!

Not really...
1691807579179.png

It seems that instead of wave 1 being (as an example) 2000 people logging in and requiring 40 servers of 50 players each, then a few hours later those 40 servers are still running with 3 or 4 players on each as the "feature tourists" who only logged on to look at what was "new and shiny" in the upcoming patch for the PU left to return to the PU\ignore the game until next PTU patch, we'll be getting waves of 500 players needing (at most) an additional 10 servers above the capacity in the severs from previous waves.

There have been other posts by CIG which indicate that the new waves 1-4 are more like a series of ripples: 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d with no change to the PTU itself (so, content is what would have been "wave 1"), but trying to spread the load caused by players gaining access and the requirements of the servers to allow\require fewer servers (and their associated costs) for the same number of players, with the riples being .

As a side note: How much does someone really "lose" through having to wait (at most) a few extra days to look at something that everyone will have access to within the following week or 2, anyway? You don't gain anything in the PTU that carries across to the PU, so you're not "losing" progression or items that you could have gained through more time\earlier access to the PTU, there's no "I was first in the PTU" badge, and for the Imperator subscribers ($20 per month level), the ability to fly any new ships will be present when the patch hits the PU anyway, so they don't even need to worry about the PTU at all if that's all they care about...

• o7
Reactions: Deroth

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
How much does someone really "lose" through having to wait (at most) a few extra days to look at something that everyone will have access to within the following week or 2, anyway?
The only ones louder complainers are tryhards or refundians pushing the P2W narrative. If the changes helps CIG then so be it.

Edit: re-reading what I wrote, realized I was unfair with some backers.

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Deroth

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Unfortunately I subscribed for 12 months, so I can't afford Meh, but that's what it feels like at the maximum. They aren't even trying. Don't we matter? If not, why are we subscribing?
To maintain access to the PTU Waves?
Back when we joined the Subscriber Flairs were frequently so cool I frequently found myself either regretting not subscribing in time to get one or being happy about what was received from my subscription when I'd opted for it. However, it has been a long time since I've seen a Subscriber Flair that actually interested me, leaving me glad I've only ever opted to do a single month at a time, it really feels to me like they've just been phoning them in for a while. The changes to the loot system making these flairs vulnerable to being non-recoverable in-game hasn't helped, why get something that a bug killing us or blowing up our ship can cause to be lost until the next patch or we do a character recovery causing us to have to sacrifice something else? I fully believe that until they implement an in-game way to recover these items subscriptions will see a falloff and complaints of dissatisfaction with subscribing will be expressed.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
New sub flair, hazmat helmets!

The default option In TEST Yellow, too? Someone's [CORPORATE EFFICIENCY] is showing!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Is CIG saying Test is radioactive to keep peeps away from us?
If they are it's not going to work, the etherial cool blue glow of radioactive material attracts people like moths to a flame!

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
  • o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Looks like the subscriber updates are coming next month per Zyloh.
There was one subscriber update - The old subscriber armor sets which were previously sold piece by piece have had those individual components removed from the store (and buyback queues), with the complete set now being sold at a higher price than the combined price for the individual components was...
The following entries were removed from the store:
  • Vulture - Subscribers
  • Overlord "Predator" Armor Set
  • Overlord "Stinger" Armor Set
  • Overlord "Switchback" Armor Set
  • Overlord "Dust Storm" Armor Set
  • Overlord "Riptide" Armor Set
  • Overlord "Supernova" Armor Set
  • Overlord Helmets "Forces of Nature" Pack
  • Overlord Helmets "Silent Strike" Pack
  • Overlord Helmets "Double Trouble" Pack
  • RSI Venture Rust Society Torso Armor
  • RSI MacFlex Rust Society Torso Armor
  • RSI Venture Rust Society Leg Armor
  • RSI MacFlex Rust Society Leg Armor
  • RSI Venture Rust Society Arm Armor:
  • RSI MacFlex Rust Society Arm Armor
  • RSI Venture Rust Society Helmet
  • RSI Horizon Rust Society Helmet
  • RSI Venture Rust Society Undersuit
  • RSI Beacon Rust Society Undersuit
  • RSI Venture Voyager Torso Armor
  • RSI Venture Pathfinder Torso Armor
  • RSI Venture Voyager Leg Armor
  • RSI Venture Pathfinder Leg Armor
  • RSI Venture Voyager Arm Armor
  • RSI Venture Pathfinder Arm Armor
  • RSI Venture Voyager Helmet
  • RSI Venture Pathfinder Helmet
  • RSI Venture Voyager Undersuit
  • RSI Venture Pathfinder Undersuit

1699398505603.png

Prices without tax are $14 per set (2 not shown above - "RSI MacFlex Rust Society Armor Set" and Overlord "Supernova" Armor Set)

Last edited:
Forgot your password?