0$ CCU Removal Notice from CIG.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Please do tell - Where EXACTLY in the Pledge Store do you buy a $0 CCU?
Only, I don't see them listed as such........
Just asking in case some new members are wondering what the heck we are talking about.
That is all.......transmission ends..........
They are not on sale anymore. Some people can still get them through buybacks, you won't be able to get them through buyback on the 3rd and in May all the ones in peoples hangars will vanish.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
They are not on sale anymore. Some people can still get them through buybacks, you won't be able to get them through buyback on the 3rd and in May all the ones in peoples hangars will vanish.
Thanks for the info but i dont think i sold any of my 0 CCUs one thing is for sure is my Box is going to be super clean now since all those damn 0 CCUs are gone.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Ok, stupid question but I don't want to lose anything through not knowing. As far as I can remember I paid for all the upgrades sitting in my hangar that I haven't applied, the primary one I'm not sure about is one I got in 2013. It isn't listed as "Ship Upgrades - Ship Name" it's listed as "F7C-M super hornet upgrade". How do I tell if it or any of my older ccus are $0 ccus before they poof on me?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ok, stupid question but I don't want to lose anything through not knowing. As far as I can remember I paid for all the upgrades sitting in my hangar that I haven't applied, the primary one I'm not sure about is one I got in 2013. It isn't listed as "Ship Upgrades - Ship Name" it's listed as "F7C-M super hornet upgrade". How do I tell if it or any of my older ccus are $0 ccus before they poof on me?
You can install the Star Citizen Hanger XPLORer extension in chrome, or you can try to melt them and see what value they show you.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Oooooh decision time!
Shout out to the explor plugin, making live so much easier!

edit: Any word about the CCUs in buyback that have value?

Last edited:

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I think I have one I can use but the problem was always I have invested £x and the game is changing hardly any game play mechanics are in removing flexibility when they are changing so much (okay what I meant here is they might actually get round to introducing game mechanics at some point in the future and then you realise its not for you maybe 7 years after your ship purchase.). I know you can still melt buy back but maybe that will stop to.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I know they've decided on this a long time ago and I understand there's a strain on the database that has to keep tons and tons of entries. I'd much rather have a system like "You've spent X dollars backing the game; choose any ships that total <=X".
Maybe I'm a minority, but I'm more inclined to spend money when I know I have control over my investment and can choose whatever ship I want whenever I want it. But hell, they've raised $220m so far, so what do I know? 😕

Now I have to decide which of the $350 ships I want. I think I'll stick with the Endeavor. But that Crucible tho. Or that Hull D?
Also, I have a free Redeemer-Merchantman CCU which is basically $100 going to waste. But I don't want a BMM and I can't CCU it to anything else. FML.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
That's what we were promised, instead we got the CCU system because it suited CIG better. Now, the grey market and the people that "gamed the system" is getting the blame. It's just not fair.
Of course, CIG would rather you buy a new ship than exchange your old one. We can't blame them for that.
Take this example: I have a Cutlass and I'd like to CCU it to a Corsair. I'm okay with paying the $115 difference. If I change my mind, I'd only be able to get back the Cutlass 4 times a year, considering it's the only thing I want to buy back. I don't know enough about the Corsair (and have no idea when it will be flight ready), so I can't be 100% committed to it. What if it's shit when it actually comes out? Am I willing to pay the full $215 to get it and then melt it if I don't like it? No, that's a $100 price difference. Also, I'll lose the LTI (the utterly useless yet game-changing LTI) on the Cutlass if I CCU it and then melt it, so I'll need another buyback token to get another LTI base ship. So I decide I won't get the Corsair.
I've been in this situation for the last couple of years.
90% of my contribution to Star Citizen was until about 2 years ago. Since then, I feel that my investment isn't flexible enough to be worth it to me, so I just stopped buying ships.
I'm not saying my logic is flawless, I'm just explaining why I'm not buying more ships even though I have money to spare.

EDIT: I've bought an Endeavor a long time ago and it's still a long way from seeing the light of day. For my frozen $350, can I test the new ships that become flight ready? I can't. Not without juggling buybacks and CCUs which clog CIG's databases.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Oh my god, thank god they are removing it. My hangar list was just painful to wade through.
I'm assuming you tried that Hanger Xplorer browser extension? It really does help a lot (although if you own a lot of ships, isn't going to solve every problem).

Forgot your password?