0x1002 error

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hi chums!

When attempting to update to the 3.4.1 latest patch I keep getting a 0x1002 error saying there is a permissions issue so it can't update or play the game.

I found this: https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012273294-Troubleshoot-Error-0x1002 and looked at the permissions - they are fine - and whitelisted my SC directory in anti-virus - still error'd, then deleted SC as instructed and low and behold i'm getting the 0x1002 error after it downloads the base pack but won't grab the rest of the files.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Update:

I turned the computer off and went and sulked on the sofa. Turned it back on again later. it didn't turn back on properly, didn't boot had the cursor but no Operating System. Turned it off. Turned it on again. While it was turning on the cat came and looked at it. I also farted a bit. It booted and is now downloading the 33gb game files somehow.

I have no idea which part of that worked but if anyone else gets the 0x1002 error I hope you either have a cat, or gas.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You better back up that drive!

When shit starts getting weird, it might be a sign of some drive failure coming your way.
Gah! I've a pair of SSD's, they've only been in less than a year. Happily i've only got games on it so nothing to back up except save files so if they take a dive it's not the end of the world.

Reactions: Deroth and Vavrik

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
kinda sounds like a bad stick of ram. if ram goes bad or even the mobo it can start corrupting files :/ or even the psu with wonky voltage. so yeah could be early warning signs. i'd start by running your rig through a few cycles of memtest86

Forgot your password?