2.6 or 3.0?

Hero9012

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Hero9012
Random thought, Chris Roberts said that 3.0 would be the end of December, I know that this game takes a lot of effort and the development is unpredictable, so this is not a hate post. I just had a dream last night that Chris Roberts and CIG combined 2.6 and 3.0 and released it which is why it's taking so long, sort of as a Christmas gift to TESTies, I mean all of Star Citizen? I'm probably wrong and we probably won't see 3.0 till February. Just wanted to see what anyone else thought.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Holiday livestream 2016:
CR - We wanted to show footage of 3.0, but we were really close and we felt it wasn't polished enough, so we're postponing it for late 2019. But here's some footage of some doors opening and closing. Also, some trees.

BenjiMac

Commander
Dec 11, 2016
RSI Handle
macFionnlagh
Random thought, Chris Roberts said that 3.0 would be the end of December, I know that this game takes a lot of effort and the development is unpredictable, so this is not a hate post. I just had a dream last night that Chris Roberts and CIG combined 2.6 and 3.0 and released it which is why it's taking so long, sort of as a Christmas gift to TESTies, I mean all of Star Citizen? I'm probably wrong and we probably won't see 3.0 till February. Just wanted to see what anyone else thought.
man, I wish.

My gut tells me late spring\early summer for 3.0. Gaps between patches have been getting larger and 3.0 brings a lot to the party.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
3.0 has not entered PTU testing yet.
So 3.0 Live by March/April is my guess.
PTU xmas 2016. PU live 01/2017
3.0 GamesCom 2017 - at the earliest.
My guess.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
No point of being positive if your wrong! Sam's right!

3.0 is a MUCH bigger update than 2.6 is - and yet 2.6 has taken a lot longer than CIC expected to get out the door. Don't forget they are also working on SQ42 in tandem and progress on that is slower than they hoped too.

Overall everythings going slower than they hope, so we won't see 3.0 for 6 months after 2.6 which is summer, and I think the time scale will slip further on it - so October could be the one as Sam says - Gamescom would be the ideal time to launch such a big and important update.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
Bwaaaaaahahahahahhahhaaahahahahahahahahahahahah *grips belly with both hands* hahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh *wipes tears from eyes* hahahahhhahahahahahahahahahhaha.

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp

Forgot your password?