3.14 Leaked images and info. Orison landing zone, clones, refueling and more.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Loose lips melt pledge ships.

It's possible some of the things leaked won't make it to PU soon, or even at all. Remember the salt when that developer used a Dev Tool sidearm Pistol to blow up a ship in a video to show damage states and the whole community started demanding the OP pew pew...? Backers have walked away from the project because the Cutlass went from 3 engines to 2, the damage of false hope in regard to absolutely any feature is real and tangible.
That's becouse some have a 6yo kids mind and can't distinguish the meaning of "leak" and "preview".
It's like pretenting that a car manifacturer that present a prototype of a concept car then releaset it to the market as is the next year...

I like the "leak game", it give you more info on what's is going on, sometimes more then CIG do, and keep the interesting up for not-so-close feature. Also the speculation based on more or less accurate information can provide you some interesting speculation time while waiting to the actuall thing to came into play... you just need not ot take that too serius and remember that is a leak and not a preview..

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Huu CIG is going in hard this time, quite a change compared to the past.
I don't know if this si a good thing or a bad one: leak are the fuel of the hype and I've no doubt they contribute to keep player interested in all those years, on the other end if CIG is going to implement a different promotion lineup for the new releases with more insigt during the development I can see why any leak will "damage" or compromise the work they are doing.
I hope that is the case becouse simple strike like that doesn't look a good choice considering the "perpetual alpha state" the game is and will be for a looong time

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
To be fair, SC Leaks ramped it up a lot with content and datamining. They even started to monetize the leaking so I can see why CIG wanted to get involved.
Yes, bút as they said in their latest vid they did this in purpose, using footage from evocati which can be striked to see if it gets chopped. Just talking about it should not be able.to.be just simply copyright striked though, but we shall see what happens with their latest vid.

I can understand why they would want to keep evocati stuff to themselves, as ppl take everything that is on evocati as granted to make it into PU. That is obviously not the case, stuff makes it into the first rounds and gets scrapped sometimes cos it wasn't up to par. This can lead to bad rep for CIG cos most players still can't comprehend what Development means...

On the other hand, this is supposed to be open dev, so hiding stuff from us isn't fair lol

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yes, bút as they said in their latest vid they did this in purpose, using footage from evocati which can be striked to see if it gets chopped. Just talking about it should not be able.to.be just simply copyright striked though, but we shall see what happens with their latest vid.

I can understand why they would want to keep evocati stuff to themselves, as ppl take everything that is on evocati as granted to make it into PU. That is obviously not the case, stuff makes it into the first rounds and gets scrapped sometimes cos it wasn't up to par. This can lead to bad rep for CIG cos most players still can't comprehend what Development means...

On the other hand, this is supposed to be open dev, so hiding stuff from us isn't fair lol
I suppose this is the difference between being a symbiote and being a parasite - creatures in symbiosis with each other mutually benefit, whereas a parasite harms the host to its sole benefit.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Really curious what I missed here now. But I understand it's important to maintain our corporate efficiency ;)
It will all be known eventually...

p.s.: Can someone pm me a link to the hot stuff? :D

Reactions: Vavrik

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
EVO gets bad builds..REALLY bad...like 30k before you make it out of the EZ-Hab room bad...every time they get into a server type of build. They also get first trial of stuff that may or may not work, and has established themselves as people willing to work to test the game and provide thoughtful feedback. If something is not ready for prime time, isn't it better to get a handful of people to test it thoroughly and give feedback on it than to hear 300k people scream that their cheese got moved drowning out all the other voices?

They may not always agree with each other, but when they do disagree, it's usually very respectfully as opposed to the rest of spectrum

They also TEST. They look at the testing focus and try to test those specific items that CIG needs data for, rather than run around and do stuff that has nothing to do with the data CIG is trying to collect. This way they can look through a small pile of high quality data to make improvements rather than search through the full septic tank of data looking for that diamond missing from your wife's engagement ring.

The game IS open development. You will get to see 99 percent of what the EVO sees during the 2-3 weeks they have it first, but it does no one any good to see a whole bunch of broken stuff.

Finally, EVO is always looking for more. If you want to do EVO, start testing the game, write up bug reports, contribute to the Issue Council, and don't be a bad apple on spectrum. If you constantly talk down the game on social media or spectrum, they will filter you out.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
EVO gets bad builds..REALLY bad...like 30k before you make it out of the EZ-Hab room bad...every time they get into a server type of build. They also get first trial of stuff that may or may not work, and has established themselves as people willing to work to test the game and provide thoughtful feedback. If something is not ready for prime time, isn't it better to get a handful of people to test it thoroughly and give feedback on it than to hear 300k people scream that their cheese got moved drowning out all the other voices?

They may not always agree with each other, but when they do disagree, it's usually very respectfully as opposed to the rest of spectrum

They also TEST. They look at the testing focus and try to test those specific items that CIG needs data for, rather than run around and do stuff that has nothing to do with the data CIG is trying to collect. This way they can look through a small pile of high quality data to make improvements rather than search through the full septic tank of data looking for that diamond missing from your wife's engagement ring.

The game IS open development. You will get to see 99 percent of what the EVO sees during the 2-3 weeks they have it first, but it does no one any good to see a whole bunch of broken stuff.

Finally, EVO is always looking for more. If you want to do EVO, start testing the game, write up bug reports, contribute to the Issue Council, and don't be a bad apple on spectrum. If you constantly talk down the game on social media or spectrum, they will filter you out.
The lol at the end was meant to indicate that I was kinda joking, I do understand a 100% why it's necessary to keep EVO stuff for the EVO.

I don't think we all should get access to the EVO builds, hell no!

But, I do think that it would be fair to keep the rest of us in the loop by putting out a more detailed weekly report on the progress, especially when planned features get canned, not just the usual "EVO is still testing and trying to clear blokers" that we actually do get.
Good case for this was the targeting/radar update, which was very controversial and going back and forth between very different methods of how it would work on release to PTU and changed even after that.
I know this information is basically out there, as with the case above I could follow through the leaked patch notes and such, but it's out there in spite of the NDA. That shouldn't need to be the case.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
How does one become Evo?
You can't apply for it, they are nominated by CIG invitation.
How to get the invitation? You just need to activly play the game, report bug in a meaningfull way and with consistence... eventually CIG will contact you and send you an invite.

Be avare 'tho: being and Evocati doesn't mean having and early access to content: those are group of players that actually work for testing and bugfixing, facing the worst build you can immagin and spending a LOT of time actually breaking the game to figure out the sequence event in a more reliable way.
No one is obbligated to accept the invitation, BUT if you do you have to be committed, EVO tsting is not for fun, is a part of QA developing.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You can't apply for it, they are nominated by CIG invitation.
How to get the invitation? You just need to activly play the game, report bug in a meaningfull way and with consistence... eventually CIG will contact you and send you an invite.

Be avare 'tho: being and Evocati doesn't mean having and early access to content: those are group of players that actually work for testing and bugfixing, facing the worst build you can immagin and spending a LOT of time actually breaking the game to figure out the sequence event in a more reliable way.
No one is obbligated to accept the invitation, BUT if you do you have to be committed, EVO tsting is not for fun, is a part of QA developing.
Indeed Evo is just unpaid QA, which is why to get into Evo you have to submit lots of bug reports, and to stay in Evo you have to submit lots of bug reports and participate in each build doing the task asked of that build. So it's not an I get into 3.14 early it's I get a build that has one feature they want to test I join up with other Evo pilots and test that feature.

Forgot your password?