Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Of course it is the week that I am heading to Austin to go race at COTA, I guess that means I get to see it all catch on fire from afar!
Looked at another way, by the time you are able to play at least some of the potential server (and client?) side bugs will be ironed out and you should have a better experience than you would have had were you able to play at release...

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
The sooner it gets here the better - I'm not sure my ship budget (mainly for potential WB CCU's - I already have a Vulture and no real need\desire for the Scorpius Antares) can handle the $Aus dropping too much further.

To make matters worse, there's the "sale" with the release, coupled with Stella Fortuna next week, and a probable "free fly" with discount starter pack and referral bonus not too far off as well.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Tomorrow march 8 "very likely" according to mails sent to streamers from Zyloth.
With no PTU update "today", it wouldn't surprise me - they can tidy things up for a live release tomorrow.

Whether it's tomorrow of the day after, at least it aligns with the planned Thursday release I had heard on a video a couple of minutes ago - Either it's tomorrow (Thursday in Aus\NZ), or Thursday in the USA\UK (Friday down here) :)

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Thursday (Well, Friday for Aus\NZ) it is...
Our current goal is to release Alpha 3.18 out to the live servers (targeting this Thursday!). As mentioned in This Week in Star Citizen earlier this week, we do want to set expectations that there may be some outstanding issues that can cause a server to deteriorate over time. However, the team will continue to focus on these and get additional hotfixes released as soon as possible. Once we get through implementing any needed fixes to improve stability/performance, we'll look to launch a Free Fly event, potentially later in March.
Source: Zyloh-CIG's responce in this thread on Spectrum:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/when-s-the-next-free-fly

Reactions: vahadar

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Most recent news from JakeAcappella-CIG around 45 minutes ago:
Final QA checks are underway, as we prepare for imminent launch. We are now looking at a very early morning US time for launch. Being so close, we do not want to rush it. We expect some turbulence with this release and need all hands on deck to monitor and manage the service once we go live. One more sleep.

Additionally, tonight we'll be disabling character reset on the Live servers in order to make the migration to Alpha 3.18's database and the new character repair tool, which will go live with the new patch.
Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/alpha-3-18-0-live-release-update

Reactions: vahadar

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Launcher not working here

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle