3.2 impressions

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Played some this morning before work.

600i is BUGGY...beautiful, but OMG the bugs!. Lots of issues with it, but most of all, half of the controls don't work, are missing, or only work for certain angles. Smoke permeates the crew quarters and crew rest rooms are bugged. Captains quarters are nice, can't seem to activate the turrets. Not sure how scanning will work with remote scanning as I can't figure that our either. If you drop the rover bay, your entire ship pressure goes down by half. I have been unsuccessful in being able to call the regular elevator for entry into the ship. Bugs prevent a full evaluation, but it has a 145 max SCM speed. Unable to get to full AB speed due to other issue. Possibly need one other person onboard to do a full evaluation.

Hurricane - nice, but if you get in the turret, you may be stuck there. I have been unable to find an exit command with inner thought and H does not work, Unable to really test it.

Eclipse - sits nice, have not really used it or tested it though

Blade - not my style. I will let others give it a better review

Avenger - very nice interior. some clipping issues with the warlock and standing in the EMP generator. much easier to get around it.

Mining is kinda cool Use scanning (tab to toggle scan mode) to locate areas where ore is. once you find an area, look at the various rocks to see what has value. Some are mixed ores, some are one type of ore. use fracture mode on orange outlined rocks to break them down. Stay in the green banded area to get it to fracture cleanly. If you get into the red area (above the green area), it will blow up on you, possibly damaging or destroying your ship. I stay around 75m away from the rocks I am pulverising. Start with a LOW laser throttle so you don't overshoot too quickly.

Once you have fractured the orange rocks and you have purple rocks, switch to extraction move by clicking the RMB (button 2) shoot the purple rocks to extract the ore.

once you have a full load, fly to a place like Grim Hex or Port Olisar. In Port Olisar, the place you sell is on the wall just around the corner from the commodities kiosk. click sell to refinery. I only got about 327 UEC for 32 SCU of titanium ore.

Quantum travel is different. You align to the destination, press B to spool the drive and wait for everything to be calculated. Then press B again to enter quantum. A little more complex, but once you do it a few time, it's easier. Also, you can quantum to waypoints on the other side of a planet. Kinda cool.

Overall, it's what you expect, fairly nice, but a metric ton of bugs to chase.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
TLDR; Mining is a hell of a lot of fun once you figure it out.

3.2 sure seems fun, even though it does have a lot of bugs at the moment. There seem to be several things turned off too. Landing systems are relatively disabled, and trade kiosks for commodities don't seem to realize your ship has SCU space, or even how much it has. But at the same time, when I looked at the progress in the roadmap I found that many of these are related to WIP. They're not done yet. The "polish" they need to add will clean up several issues. Some things are implemented that are clearly first tries.

I like the way mining works, to a point. It's difficult right now, until they get the balance right, but people are finding tricks to get a full load, without exploding your ship. Some people found that moving the fracture laser around the target works. I found that with a HOTAS, finding the balance was actually easier. You can turn the laser off too, if things get away from you and you get into trouble. They need a little bit more balance here, it is far too easy to blow up your ship, even from 75 meters.
BUT: Mining is the most fun I've had in SC to date!!! I like it!!! It's not like, "Click a button, Make money", you need to learn how each rock type works and leverage that.

Even combat isn't this much fun - though that's a balance issue too, mostly with heat buildup. Right now, combat is more like a folk dance, where people just spam lasers and missiles until they either blow up or their enemy does. No real skill there. Nobody is conserving shots, that's incredibly unrealistic.

You don't seem to be able to trade consistently though after mining. I have lost 5 full loads because I was stuck in my seat. That happens to all ships by the way, not just the prospector. It's just that most people are mining, because trade seems to be disabled.

It took a little while to figure out QT as well, but you can QT to an area about 60Km above an outpost. That makes many trips a lot easier to do. It's just, you can't approach an outpost proplerly, because it's difficult to see your altitude. This needs a little polish for sure.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
FYI, Grim Hex is now a free-fire zone, once you leave the airlock. Last night and this morning, I had to run a gauntlet of idiots blasting ships on the pads, before I could finally get away. And after I shot down a guy who was blasting ships trying to land, when I got out of my ship (after killing him), he was waiting for me on the pad and shot me with a rifle. Not naming names...but the guilty party was https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Charlie_Ascende

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Ah one of them we have papers nonses. I look forward to the time many more testies are in game so we can all jump in some ships and spank the people that happen to be bullying one of us!

I remember our very own moonshiner and his friends were getting pinned down on the landing pads and sniped on stream by some git hiding in the dark. I happened to be on the same server so I flew over in my hornet, could see the guy plain as day (as I was coming in from a totally different angle) and gave him 3 x M4a's in the face.

Looked fantastic on the stream as I flew in between the pillars right over moonies head and carried on leaving Moonie and friends to it. Very satisfying killing bullies.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
FYI, Grim Hex is now a free-fire zone, once you leave the airlock. Last night and this morning, I had to run a gauntlet of idiots blasting ships on the pads, before I could finally get away. And after I shot down a guy who was blasting ships trying to land, when I got out of my ship (after killing him), he was waiting for me on the pad and shot me with a rifle. Not naming names...but the guilty party was https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Charlie_Ascende
Ahhhhh, and my System Patrol route lives again.

Before Grim became safe first thing I'd do is quantum over there, do the round-the-planet-trick to get to GH super fast and check for any campers. If there were, engage. I saw off my fair share of asshats with that patrol route.

Hex to ICC,ICC to Kareah, Kareah to Koxalex, Kovalex to Olisar and repeat.

Forgot your password?