3.23 is bringing in some desperately needed basic features

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
The next patch is looking, well, quite awesome.
We're finally getting the star map rework, fps map, personal hangars, cargo missions, blockade events, EVA T2, item recovery, bank, freight elevators, master modes and the next version of replication layer.

That's a pretty huge set of features we've waited for years. Well, some more than others. The lack of item recovery mechanism and a good map system, both in space and on foot, have certainly lessened an otherwise good gaming experience. While exploring is fun, running around a complex city you're unfamiliar with in loops is just frustrating. And cargo missions. Haulers will finally get more on par with every other profession in the sense that they can finally stop gambling with millions of aUEC every time they want to make a fraction of that. Still would love to see them cargo insurances for trading tho.

And all progress in replication layer is just progress towards finally being an MMO instead of this sparsely populated hundred player server thingy.

Oh, and EVA T2. Finally you don't need to put a weight on your keyboard just to keep moving in the direction you want when you inevitably fall through the space station floor and have to EVA ten kilometers to the nearest airlock.

All in all, this patch will bring a lot of that missing basic functionality to the game. Like minimaps, bank, premium item recovery, etc. It's going to be such a GoL improvement and will just make the experience a whole lot better.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Oh, and EVA T2. Finally you don't need to put a weight on your keyboard just to keep moving in the direction you want when you inevitably fall through the space station floor and have to EVA ten kilometers to the nearest airlock.
Dammit, they're putting my wife n kids out of a job!

Joking aside, this looks to be an epic scale of updates! I hope these features will actually work, considering they are supposed to be already done for SQ42.
Thanks for the summary!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I've been looking forward to seeing how this year will turn out based on this most recent CitizenCon & so far it's looking very promising. I'm not sure if we'll get all or even most of what they said they expect to be in game by the end of this year, but so far it seems as though we'll be getting a very nice chunk of it.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
The following cards have been added to Release View in the Alpha 3.23 patch cycle, currently targeting a April 2024 release:
**Starmap Rework**
**mobiGlas Rework**
**Personal and Instanced Hangars**
**Freight Elevators**
**Item Bank & Unique Item Recovery**
**New Missions - Cargo Hauling**
---and MORE!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Looks good! Might be worth a play!!!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The ship pricing changes seems to be the most controversial. Some ships will be cheaper in game but most will be more expensive, which will drive the real cash market some and of course that will generate complaints. Generally, you’ll be able to get into cheap ships faster, but expensive ships much slower. I think the Connie is going up to 10MaUEC. That’s a significant hike. We’ll have to see.

The other changes seem all full of awesome. Being able to reload magazines for FPS weapons is such a long time coming. No word yet whether we’ll finally be able to plug in laser rifle batteries to recharge them. That was an early selling point for energy weapons.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The ship pricing changes seems to be the most controversial. Some ships will be cheaper in game but most will be more expensive, which will drive the real cash market some and of course that will generate complaints. Generally, you’ll be able to get into cheap ships faster, but expensive ships much slower. I think the Connie is going up to 10MaUEC. That’s a significant hike. We’ll have to see.
Hadn't spotted that - I wonder if they are going to change the Mission reward payouts and change the Mining/Trading payouts you can get to compensate for that? I remember they stated the intention was for the Connie to be achievable within a few weeks of committed play time.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
aUEC payouts definitely need some tweaking. As it is, one can make enough in an hour doing bounties/salvaging to buy a Connie. Kinda nuts.
I'd guess it's for testing purposes only, so that people do the missions and buy stuff which could be important for testing the persistence thingy?
I wouldn't mind if the payouts stayed somewhat generous though with the little playtime I can put in at the moment...

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
It's going to be such a GoL improvement
Okay, you got me there. What's a GoL and why should I want one?

Apart from such pressing questions I agree that patch 3.23 sounds promissing. I especially look forward to EVA T2.
I'm sure I'll still crash into the ceiling of my exit hatch because I mistook it for the floor on re-entry.
But at least I'll be able to do so Superman-style.
That makes it all way more enjoyable to me! :like:

Forgot your password?