3.5 Group Mining Initial Plan

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Getting some success with this thread and people expressing interest so its a good time to post this plan. After talking it over with other people last night in Discord we've come up with an initial plan for our 3.5 Mining outings. I should also add that a permanent Discord chat channel will be made in the TEST Discord once 3.5 is Live for this group.

When 3.5 goes Live, not PTU but Live we're going to group up in Olisar and fly out to ArcCorp. We may or may not tour around the Area 18 LZ to start with but in any case there should be 8-10 of us together. From the Area 18 Riker Spaceport we will grab Prospectors and journey to one of the ArcCorp Moons and scan rocks. Probably scan 10 each or so and record the results. From there we'll go to the next moon and repeat the process before stopping for the night. For the next session we'll pick the moon that had the best minerals on it and go mine them. It'll be a contest to see who can get the best single haul.

After that if the group is still together for a 3rd session we'll go to the other moon and repeat the process. Longer term, we mine around ArcCorp for a couple weeks to really get a feel for what is there, best ways to get around etc and also use the experience to update the TEST Squadron Mining Guide. After that we'll travel to Hurston.

Thats the initial plan for the group atm.

-Edit-

In the case that Area 18 is still a buggy deathtrap we will travel to Hurston to land before we go to the ArcCorp moons to scan.

Last edited:

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I agree with @Printimus solid plan and I'm in.

I had a thought. Does anybody else coming along have OBS or another screen recording software? I'm going to record and make videos if our outings, it would be cool to get multiple perspectives.

I record at 60fps and we'd just want to make sure the software is capturing all the audio properly.

Thoughts?

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
I want to go, but i dont know how to fly or mine yet =(
That's actually another reason we are organizing regular runs, so we can teach people interested in the industry side of the game. You can carry people on your Prospector and show them how to do things and then swap positions and let them try. As well, like we discussed on the topic we will hopefully broaden the activities into things like freighting and anything else on the industry side with eventual outings in all industry aspects as they open to us

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I want to go, but i dont know how to fly or mine yet =(
Well that won't be an issue at all, we can all help you with that. I have a "how to mine" video on my YouTube channel as well and I'm going to be working on a video for those just getting started in Star Citizen next.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I'm in. I appreciate those that have Prospectors to loan out so I can blow myself up while learning to mine.
We do have a few to loan out.

Longer term plan after discussing it with the others is that we'd start to pool ingame money to buy those who are using a loaner, a real Prospector of their own provided they also contribute.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
We do have a few to loan out.

Longer term plan after discussing it with the others is that we'd start to pool ingame money to buy those who are using a loaner, a real Prospector of their own provided they also contribute.
Something just went through my brain that caused me to laugh... a name for such a program...

Prospectors for Humanity.

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
The spreadsheet for the survey has been made. Current data points on the sheet are:

Rock ClassMassInstabilityResistanceCompositionScan %Green Zone(OMG, Small, Medium, Large)

If anyone has comments or suggestions please let me know here.
Add location perhaps (which ArcCorp moon) since we plan on going to multiple? I also don't know if the location on the moon is relevant, say near a QD spot?

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
^Location could be very important (eg. nearest outpost, QT point etc)
We have been talking in dicord about that topic.

I'm also very interested in outcome so it would be nice know for how much you could sell it for. (is there a difference between stations? / min/max)
We also talked in discord about rarity. Which can be estimated by desired rock / all scanned rocks.

I gladly would like to look into to the data and see what else we can get out of it :)

Last edited:

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
Locations are pretty much known for most everything, would just need to add the 2 new moons

CellinAluminium, Beryl, Bexalite, Corundum, Gold, Hephaestanite, Titanium
DaymarAgricium, Beryl, Copper, Corundum, Diamond, Gold, Quartz, Taranite, Titanium, Tungsten
YelaAluminium, Agricium, Beryl, Corundum, Diamond, Laranite, Tungsten
CRU L1 – L5Aluminium, Borase, Copper, Corundum, Diamond, Gold, Laranite, Titanium, Tungsten
DelamarMining is not possible on the planetoid itself
Asteroid fieldsAluminium, Borase, Copper, Corundum, Diamond, Gold, Laranite, Titanium, Tungsten
HurstonMining is currently not possible on the planet
AberdeenBeryl, Bexalite, Corundum, Diamond, Hephaestanite, Gold, Titanium
ArialBexalite, Hephaestanite, Quartz
ItaAgricium, Aluminium, Beryl, Copper, Diamond, Gold, Quartz, Titanium, Tungsten
MagdaAgricium, Aluminium, Beryl, Diamond, Tungsten
HUR L1 – L4Aluminium, Borase, Copper, Corundum, Diamond, Gold, Laranite, Titanium, Tungsten

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Add location perhaps (which ArcCorp moon) since we plan on going to multiple? I also don't know if the location on the moon is relevant, say near a QD spot?
The ArcCorp moon name is in the spreadsheet at the top right now until we distill all the survey data we gather down later. And we'll do it for all the moons in the System as we go to them.

Locations are pretty much known for most everything, would just need to add the 2 new moons

CellinAluminium, Beryl, Bexalite, Corundum, Gold, Hephaestanite, Titanium
DaymarAgricium, Beryl, Copper, Corundum, Diamond, Gold, Quartz, Taranite, Titanium, Tungsten
YelaAluminium, Agricium, Beryl, Corundum, Diamond, Laranite, Tungsten
CRU L1 – L5Aluminium, Borase, Copper, Corundum, Diamond, Gold, Laranite, Titanium, Tungsten
DelamarMining is not possible on the planetoid itself
Asteroid fieldsAluminium, Borase, Copper, Corundum, Diamond, Gold, Laranite, Titanium, Tungsten
HurstonMining is currently not possible on the planet
AberdeenBeryl, Bexalite, Corundum, Diamond, Hephaestanite, Gold, Titanium
ArialBexalite, Hephaestanite, Quartz
ItaAgricium, Aluminium, Beryl, Copper, Diamond, Gold, Quartz, Titanium, Tungsten
MagdaAgricium, Aluminium, Beryl, Diamond, Tungsten
HUR L1 – L4Aluminium, Borase, Copper, Corundum, Diamond, Gold, Laranite, Titanium, Tungsten
Just to talk about this, these compositions have changed in the past and will continue to do so, most likely by the addition of new minerals or rearranging where certain ones can be found at.

Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?