3.6 Vanguard

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Has anyone checked out the new Hoplite or Warden to test and see if the four fixed nose guns can be replaced as stated?

Has anyone looked at the reactors? Anyone put Daybreaks in the Vanguards yet? Anyone looked at performance with one of the two reactors shut down?

Anyone tried swapping out the shields? The calculator is showing the Full Stop is no longer automatic choice S2. The Citadel has 50% higher capacity and the FR-76 has > 10% higher refresh. CIG is making good on their claims that outfitting your ship will involve serious decisions. There may be reasons to use two different shield generators.

Anyone shooting S3 or S4 missiles yet? Any news on how hard they are to shake?

What do the folks think of the new design and the way it flies?

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
As far as I have heared, the four fixed nose guns are part of a pod which can only be swapped with a small number of similar pods, I believe the Sentenal and Harbinger have different nose gun options so should be swappable with those when they come live, at least.

Does the Hoplight have a different set of nose shootas to the warden?

Reactions: Bambooza

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
The gun pod is changeable, only thing not make it possible at the moment is there is no gun pod yet to change to, they have not yet been modeled finished.
If I recall right, it's on the way and there be a variety of pods to chose from eventually.

And the new design interior is AWESOME on the Warden, Hoplite look about the same...
Both fly great from what I tested so far and I'm getting one Warden again asap :D
Kinda regret now that I melted it, but easy to get a new one.

CHEERS! 🍻

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Beginning with the current build (or maybe even previous one), you can unequip all nose guns, one by one; you can't mount any other S2 weapon at the moment, but it looks that something is changing. Hopefully those legendary "five new Vanguard nose gun variants" mentioned couple months ago are really going to be implemented.

As for the missiles, you can replace both default S2 MSD-442 missile racks with S3 MSD-423 racks, which results in 8 x S3 missiles in total.

ScreenShot0201.jpg

ScreenShot0320.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Why not join us in game so you can try it out?
I will as soon as I'm able!
As for the missiles, you can replace both default S2 MSD-442 missile racks with S3 MSD-423 racks, which results in 8 x S3 missiles in total.
Yes, I'm very interested in this, as well as carrying 4 S3s and 2 S4s. S4's have 19km range, so. . .hitting people who maybe can't see you is fun!, and IIRC, something like 9k damage so a small bird could go down in a single hit. I am however, still curious how much harder the larger missiles are to shake, and whether small birds will just evade them.

Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?