3.7 and Events and More

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Unless you've been hiding under a rock, or are buried under the sand you know by now that 3.7 is coming............some time but sometime soonish in a few weeks. What does it all mean?

First of all I need to apologize. After 3.4 and playing it I was burned out massively on SC and when 3.5 came along and Mining(and other things) wasn't working(I know it was fixed later) I had no drive to play and because of that we had no events for the division in 3.5 or 3.6 and their patches. Also Hover Mode sucked balls. As for 3.7:

A) Once 3.7 drops Events are back on. First order of business will be the Survey of rocks/minerals we were going to do in 3.5 until Mining and more importantly scanning got borked to hell and back. As we're going about this we'll be looking for those caves.

B) Mission sharing is coming to 3.7 which of course means GROUP MISSIONS! Just something else we can do for fun and help get people cash to buy things.

C) The Rest Stop Tour & Shopping will be coming back for 3.7. Be on the lookout for that once 3.7 goes Live.

D) The Mining Guide will be updated with the experiences from 3.7.

Other than that if anyone has anything to add, put it here.

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
Unless you've been hiding under a rock, or are buried under the sand you know by now that 3.7 is coming............some time but sometime soonish in a few weeks. What does it all mean?

First of all I need to apologize. After 3.4 and playing it I was burned out massively on SC and when 3.5 came along and Mining(and other things) wasn't working(I know it was fixed later) I had no drive to play and because of that we had no events for the division in 3.5 or 3.6 and their patches. Also Hover Mode sucked balls. As for 3.7:

A) Once 3.7 drops Events are back on. First order of business will be the Survey of rocks/minerals we were going to do in 3.5 until Mining and more importantly scanning got borked to hell and back. As we're going about this we'll be looking for those caves.

B) Mission sharing is coming to 3.7 which of course means GROUP MISSIONS! Just something else we can do for fun and help get people cash to buy things.

C) The Rest Stop Tour & Shopping will be coming back for 3.7. Be on the lookout for that once 3.7 goes Live.

D) The Mining Guide will be updated with the experiences from 3.7.

Other than that if anyone has anything to add, put it here.
Welcome back @Black Sunder !

Please keep the TEST Star Marines informed on any cave intelligence gained. We will need to know their status and locations for... TESTing and operational purposes.

o7
O-Lefty

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Welcome back @Black Sunder !

Please keep the TEST Star Marines informed on any cave intelligence gained. We will need to know their status and locations for... TESTing and operational purposes.
o7
O-Lefty
I'll keep that in mind.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
BS,
I have felt the same way I have played little and taken almost no interest in development the last few months. I just had a look at the roadmap and was mildly interested by the thought of harvestables. It will be interesting to see how much money I can make that way. Disappointment may await me but I intend to give it a go again. If I join you it will be to explore the caves with my multitool.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Group missions is going to make the single biggest diference in this game so far.

Looking forward to it!!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
They are neat but I am mildly amused about the amount of time spent on FPS activites that require you to leave your spaceship in a spaceship game to go exploring.
That and the amount of work it takes to just sell stuff in the verse. The travel times to a terminal that could and should be on your mobiglass.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
That and the amount of work it takes to just sell stuff in the verse. The travel times to a terminal that could and should be on your mobiglass.
Or even dockside. I understand finding vendors to peddle unique and rare goods. I also understand and sort of agree with hanger allocation and spawning in a spaceship. Or traveling to a trade group office to pick up assignments or browse listings (still given the internet you should be able to do the same from the mobiglass) But trading? Since when do truck drivers drop off their truck and trailer at the warehouse. Walk to the subway station and take a ride across town to sign the paperwork. It seems rather artificial and I hope it's just a temporary game mechanic to get around current limitations and not what they want it to be.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
What limitations? They even built the office where they could handle the transactions, right across from the hanger terminals. Only PO works that way. Their objective at Hurston and Area18 is rather obviously to force players to encourage players into to explore their otherwise almost completely empty cities.

... you get the drift.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
shhh. I was having happy thoughts about not having to truck across pointless cities waiting on tram rides to make the trade. Then again I don't envision I'd be going down planetside often given ships like Hull E and Orion will be my bread and butter. I'd rather like the idea of space-born floating in my tank of spice.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
What limitations? They even built the office where they could handle the transactions, right across from the hanger terminals. Only PO works that way. Their objective at Hurston and Area18 is rather obviously to force players to encourage players into to explore their otherwise almost completely empty cities.

... you get the drift.
CIG is gonna move trade terminals into caves now.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I'm not sure I like the idea of a sandworm eating my ship, but a trade terminal would be better in most caves than where I have to take a subway to get to them.

Forgot your password?