3.8 PTU Wave 1: Help us test SOCS!

Knusum

Captain
Dec 1, 2019
RSI Handle
Knusum123
Copied from post on Spectrum:

Hey everyone,

In the next 30 minutes or so (~0135 UTC), we'll be opening up 3.8 PTU Wave 1 for all concierge and subscribers to test our current 3.8 build. Please note that this is not going to be a normal PTU experience, this is a stress test for Server-side OCS.

Before you jump on in, take a minute of your time to check out what that means for you and your testing experience.
  • We are collecting data here on how SOCS performs when under the stress of a higher concurrent user-base. We need as many of you as possible to log on and play so we can monitor when and how things break. We know they will break, but we're specifically looking for when and how they break.
  • This will be rougher than a normal PTU build. We know this and we do not plan to go live with the variety of issues we expect to see during this stress test. Expect critical issues and crashes.
  • There's a chance we will be bringing PTU back down at any time if we've collected the data we need and the experience is not enjoyable.
We're looking forward to seeing all the ways you stress test SOCS and the clever ways you break our build. We'll be keeping a close eye on you this weekend. Totally not creepy, totally for science (and to make a better game)!

As always, thank you so much for helping us test our latest build and create a better gameplay experience for live servers. If things go well, or if we need more stress testers, there is a chance we may open up PTU to everyone, so keep your eyes peeled for more news this weekend.

See ya in the 'verse.

Ren Garris

Admiral
Jul 6, 2019
RSI Handle
Ren Garris
Same here
So I went back in to erase my account from the PTU and received an error... Tried to move the account back in to PTU and got another error.

I ended terminated the launcher and relogged into RSI- I tried to move the account back over and got the email with three minutes...
It may work for you... It may not. YMMV.

But first I need more bourbon before I fly MicroTech.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm hoping that they get the server crashes under control before 3.8 goes live.
This is exactly why they are doing it - Stress Testing is putting the server under as high a load as they can, finding out where it gets wobbly, then either capping player numbers to under that or fixing what causes the instability. My guess is it's going to be both with this first iteration of SOCS :)

Forgot your password?