300I Rework

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I think I prefer the old cockpit further back. If you are going to move it forward (for space reasons) then at least give it full up and down super glass for the best visibility (ha can you imagine the cries!).

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
My thoughts exactly =(

They always talked about it as the BMW of the universe, but now it looks generic, cheap and plastic, with all those rounded edges.
It turned from an E46 M3 into a new 3 GT (the ugliest car currently in existence imo). Where did all the angular goodness go? Where is all the intricate detail of the shape? Where's the trademark huge engine pod ? The proportions are totally off, the wings are too small and thick while the hull is huge.
Me no likey.
While I was upset that they pushed back the revision of one of their most popular starter ships for soooo long, now I hope they keep iterating a lot more on it.

I would wager that the BMW X4 is far worse.

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
Of the entire OJ line as it is atm, it's the 890 that looks out of place with those sharp angular lines.
Just doesn't look like the rest of Origin ships. Well, maybe the ass of it does since it's rounded .. sorta.
Never thought I would say this but, I wonder how much I can get for the 890 on the grey market? I like the looks of all the Origin ships now except for the 890.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Dylan Phoenix

Vice Admiral
Aug 18, 2017
RSI Handle
Dylan_Garrett
I hat to admit it, but that new 300 series rework concept is almost tempting me to replace some of my Avengers with 325A's. Will have to wait and see if it somehow comes with holding cells and / or better stock components and weaponry first though before I take that leap.

Attachments

Reactions: Bambooza

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I'm in the "I love it" group on this one. I was a bit worried about this rework but damn if it pans out as sleek as that screen grab then I'll be pleased.

Reactions: Bambooza

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
Not a real big fan. It looks generic and not representative of either the 100 or 600i series. I actually liked what Madman posted in forums.

It looks like it shares similar elments and yet has a very sleek modern appearance. The dev shown mid notched tail looks bleh.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Not a real big fan. It looks generic and not representative of either the 100 or 600i series. I actually liked what Madman posted in forums.

It looks like it shares similar elments and yet has a very sleek modern appearance. The dev shown mid notched tail looks bleh.
Whats the link to the Madman post so i can upvote it?

Forgot your password?