4 days...

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Your not wrong but quite frankly that's all down to Chris Roberts, if he wasn't lying outright about 3.0 and sdrn42 in 2016 he was being very very very deliberately misleading. Neither of which is a basis for trust.
I dont think he was deliberately misleading or lieing......things change when making awesome stuff like SC. Thats just how the process works.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
They new well before the end of 2016 that squadron 42 wasn't coming out anytime soon and it is pretty obvious if it comes out in any polished way in 2017 there has been divine intervention. The systems are not in place now nevermind last year this is not news to the developers to misrepresent this is lying.

The implication given that 3.0 would be out soon towards the end of last year was very much the same. They may not have meant to imply that but they very much did.

So I feel I have been lied to. If others are happy with the explanations offered that's up to them. Its not like I do not understand why he did it he needs more money for the project!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
They new well before the end of 2016 that squadron 42 wasn't coming out anytime soon and it is pretty obvious if it comes out in any polished way in 2017 there has been divine intervention. The systems are not in place now nevermind last year this is not news to the developers to misrepresent this is lying.

The implication given that 3.0 would be out soon towards the end of last year was very much the same. They may not have meant to imply that but they very much did.

So I feel I have been lied to. If others are happy with the explanations offered that's up to them. Its not like I do not understand why he did it he needs more money for the project!!!
well thats like, your opinion man.

I dont feel lied to.
I don't get why SQ42 needs any net interaction for a single player game. At the most they need to upload that this guy has achieved this so he gets to start as this in the PU.
If i remember correctly, they were going to implement some sort of Co-operative gameplay in there. I need to see if i can find that source of info again.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
well thats like, your opinion man.

I dont feel lied to.

If i remember correctly, they were going to implement some sort of Co-operative gameplay in there. I need to see if i can find that source of info again.
Me too. Thought Erin spilled the beans on co-op then shut up for a while. They never spoke about it since then.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I'm still expecting August as the live server release date.
My feeling is that your guess is probably closer to reality then others. But I won't hold it against you if it's released sooner.
+1 to the lower expectations crowd here. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
It is better to be pleasently surprised, then to be shockingly disappointed.

It also might have been CR that was "mislead" by his people on level of completion they were at. I'm not justifying CIG's actions as I had a wtf, really attitude. And even if SQ42 and 3.0 were released on their originally planned dates, the money would still be rolling in with every sale. And probably even more game sales because those sitting on the fence would have a reason to jump into the pool.

Me too. Thought Erin spilled the beans on co-op then shut up for a while. They never spoke about it since then.
Yeah, Erin kinda had an Oopps moment there.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Theres all sorts of things that go on behind the scene. We have no idea what is happening at CIG other than what they put out. Think back to the FPS module, [redacted] had it basically finished only to find that none of it worked in engine with the game anymore, we thought we were within weeks of gametime and it turned out to take way longer than anyone ever thought.

For all we know there could have been some sort of enormous problem with the code in the engine or something like that.

Lets put this is perspective. Skyrim took 4 years to make and they already had the engine. SC is infinitely more complex and intricate so who knows how many blocks they will have.

Theyre also being a lot more secretive about SQ42 than SC.

TLDR. You backed a game knowing it was in alpha (or prealpha for me, or concept for original backers) You may not even get a game at all. So the fact that they are constantly putting stuff out and trying to do their best is awesome. They dont like saying or hinting or even thinking aobut release dates cause they have no idea if it will actually be ready or not, and then people go mental about it.

Forgot your password?