400i (New pics added )

Lethal1961

Commander
Donor
Feb 27, 2022
RSI Handle
lethal1961
So being a sub I have the 400i for a month it looks pretty good inside haven't taken it out yet for a spin will do that tonight after I do a little mining in the Prospector if I like it after the month trial I might purchase it .

Ok mined a bit then took the 400i out for a spin and it handles great does anyone know what vehicle it can hold if any ? also some pics space truckin ore back to Mic-L1 and flying 400i and a landing on top the plaza building in Microtech didn't stay long it was -92 Celsius so a little chilly lol .

Attachments

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Let us know how you get on with the 400i, I was not dissapointed at all with this ship, it has style, refinement, is swift and has character...

For me it is one of those ships in which you naturally arrive at an adventure in, instead of having to go searching for it. The only other ship I have that kind of relationship with is the 350r.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
It'll hold a space bike in the front 'garage', although the X1 series intended for that spot is not completed yet and should be out later this year.

The cargo bay/vehicle lift will fit up to a Cyclone, although iirc the weapons on the MT make it too tall. The G12 is probably a good choice as it is expected to seat two in an enclosed cabin, has a turret and 2? SCU of cargo. Will have to see after it releases.

The ship is not fantastic for combat. Having a couple of friends to man the turrets along with some thoughtful tactics does make it more dangerous. What it can do, is choose to stay or disengage as it is bloody quick to gtfo.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
400i is a REALLY well laid out ship. I absolutely love the interior, and how quick you can get in/out of it (you hear that MSR!?!) My main complaint with it is the same many have with the Porsche Cayman: it's and is intentionally held back from being as good as it COULD be in order to keep it appropriately 'worse' than a 911. The 400i garage is *just* too small to fit bikes bigger than the X1, the cargo hold pillars are *just* narrow enough to prevent getting a ROC in, and the weapons are *just* small enough to make it only mediocre in combat. None of these thing really make it 'bad' in any way, and it's fair that all ships need to be appropriately balanced. So it's really just a bunch of small compromises that I find annoying but not deal-breaking. You just need to decide if they're compromises you can live with for that wonderful interior design and quickness. With competition in that segment from the Cutlass, MSR, and Connie though it makes a nice addition, but can be a tough call. . .

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
You need to test to find out whether the ROC will fit. Originally it did not but I do recall offical statements just during release that they were going to widen the lift to fit a ROC.

With shields and weapons off it is an astonishing stealth machine. I highly recommend Eclipse reactors, Snowpack coolers, Hemera drive and sneaky, sneaky.

Lethal1961

Commander
Donor
Feb 27, 2022
RSI Handle
lethal1961
You need to test to find out whether the ROC will fit. Originally it did not but I do recall offical statements just during release that they were going to widen the lift to fit a ROC.

With shields and weapons off it is an astonishing stealth machine. I highly recommend Eclipse reactors, Snowpack coolers, Hemera drive and sneaky, sneaky.
Ok thank you .

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
I love the 400i - it's a real thing of beauty. If I could work out a plausible excuse to buy one I'd have it in a second.
Statis chambers in the hold for bounty hunting, maybe?
While I haven't come across any sort of official information, just the fact that all the holding cells we have seen are some kind of removable pod lends a bit of credibility to this idea. Bounty hunting isn't going to work well if only a few easily identified ships are capable.

It's my opinion (nothing more) that we will see chambers that can fit on a standard cargo grid - the 300i was sold originally as a bounty hunter, and the belly bay is easily big enough to hold a horizontal pod like those shown in the SQ42 vertical slice. The units in the Stalker are supposed to be removable, and even the racks in the Blue look like pods could be swapped out easily.

It makes sense to go this route from both storytelling in the game and the practical aspects of the career.

Forgot your password?