$950

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Oh, I'm there, man. Been there for a while (quit smoking and dumped the cash saved into ship jpegs)

My old wallet was curled up in the corner, sucking its thumb and trembling.

But the Ridge Wallet? Stoic. Resolute.

In fact, here it is at the beginning of IAE 2951:

I built myself a RIdge Wallet out of two old expired payment cards and some rubber bands. It's not very good at keeping my parking change in one place, but I solved that by converting my cars cup holder into a coin holder by keeping a cup in it until all the liquid dried up.

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
I built myself a RIdge Wallet out of two old expired payment cards and some rubber bands. It's not very good at keeping my parking change in one place, but I solved that by converting my cars cup holder into a coin holder by keeping a cup in it until all the liquid dried up.
Saves money so you can afford more ships.

Smart. :like:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
You've mentioned Amazon Pay in a couple threads now. I *could* google it, but I'm here asking you what is is, lol
Folks with an Amazon account (at least in the US) can use their stored information on Amazon to avoid using their credit or bank card. It's about the most convenient but disturbing way of doing a financial transaction ever invented.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Folks with an Amazon account can use their stored information on Amazon to avoid using their credit or bank card. It's about the most convenient but disturbing way of do a financial transaction ever invented.
Ahhhhhh, I see. I though maybe it was a way of using your Amazon account to do a monthly plan on ships and ship, lol. I was like, Odyssey WB, here I come, hahaha

Edit: but then I guess that's exactly what a credit card is, haha. Oh my, time for more rum and eggnog for this Owl.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You've mentioned Amazon Pay in a couple threads now. I *could* google it, but I'm here asking you what is is, lol
Folks with an Amazon account (at least in the US) can use their stored information on Amazon to avoid using their credit or bank card. It's about the most convenient but disturbing way of doing a financial transaction ever invented.
Ahhhhhh, I see. I though maybe it was a way of using your Amazon account to do a monthly plan on ships and ship, lol. I was like, Odyssey WB, here I come, hahaha

Edit: but then I guess that's exactly what a credit card is, haha. Oh my, time for more rum and eggnog for this Owl.
Shit, don't give them any ideas
I keep getting emails from PayPal saying I've been selected to apply for their credit card thing (They must like my posts on here), and PayPal is what I use to pay for stuff on Amazon, so if I got the credit card from PayPal and used Amazon Pay to be the details I use for the payment card system in PayPal to pay the credit off...?

Have I just invented an infinite 0% credit holding system?

So I buy something for $100 on Amazon. Before the end of the month, I use the Pay details to pay that $100 debt off the PayPal credit card, using the credit card itself. This wipes the old ledger but puts $100 on a new one which then needs to be paid off before the end of the next month or interest will be charged. Rinse and repeat every month until the end of time or until $100 is the equivalent of $5 in like 80 years time.

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I keep getting emails from PayPal saying I've been selected to apply for their credit card thing (They must like my posts on here), and PayPal is what I use to pay for stuff on Amazon, so if I got the credit card from PayPal and used Amazon Pay to be the details I use for the payment card system in PayPal to pay the credit off...?

So I buy something for $100 on Amazon. Before the end of the month, I use the Pay details to pay that $100 debt off the PayPal credit card, using the credit card itself. This wipes the old ledger but puts $100 on a new one which then needs to be paid off before the end of the next month or interest will be charged. Rinse and repeat every month until the end of time or until $100 is the equivalent of $5 in like 80 years time.
What they do is deduct your payment method immediately, like before you see the updated web page. The rest is up to you. What's really funny is they start sending you email that take sometimes an hour or even half a day to get them all, from both CIG and Amazon. But the ship has been in your hanger for this whole time, and the payment method has been debited before the website updates.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
G'damnit CIG, that Hull C -> Reclaimer warbond CCU was exactly the thing I was hoping for. Well, there goes another $25.
On an upside, I now got a $215 Reclaimer CCU chain. Could optimize the $150 to $200 section a bit more, but... Meh. Good enough. Not even gonna pick up that Khartu-Al Warbond. I'll just wait and see where SRV lands and see if I need to reshuffle the chains a bit.

Huh, that might actually even work.
Hmm.
Clever.
Your credit score is also going to be crazy good. (We don't really have a credit score system over in this here winter wonderland, but incase you're from somewhere that does that).

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
G'damnit CIG, that Hull C -> Reclaimer warbond CCU was exactly the thing I was hoping for. Well, there goes another $25.
On an upside, I now got a $215 Reclaimer CCU chain. Could optimize the $150 to $200 section a bit more, but... Meh. Good enough. Not even gonna pick up that Khartu-Al Warbond. I'll just wait and see where SRV lands and see if I need to reshuffle the chains a bit.

Huh, that might actually even work.
Hmm.
Clever.
Your credit score is also going to be crazy good. (We don't really have a credit score system over in this here winter wonderland, but incase you're from somewhere that does that).
Congrats on Concierge! Welcome to the slippery as fuck slope!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Congrats on Concierge! Welcome to the slippery as fuck slope!
My F8C with the TESTified sequel being worked on receiving acknowledge this slope of slipperiness. It's like beer & Pringles, once you've had 1, it's really difficult to stop before you run out. Then it's just a matter of time before you can begin again.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
View attachment 21881

I decided to go for one last hurrah and got one of those warbond redeemer CCUs.
And then one post-last hurrah and got a warbond Argo Cargo.
And now I don't need to spend anything, before such time as I do.

To commemorate this event, here's a limping limerick

My wallet has taken a beating
And it's a fact that bears repeating
When the next sale comes around
You'll again hear the same sound
Of my wallet wailing and screaming
Welcome to the club, your now one of us that is working toward our next tier. lol

Forgot your password?