Piracy A pirates best friend...

Shiwaz

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Shiwaz
So, now that the Eclipse has made it into live, how do you like it? :thinking:

I've had 2x3 hour sessions (incl crashes) with her and loved every second! I imagined it would accellerate faster, but other than that, it feels kinda right to me. Obviously a long way from release and assurance though... The level of detail in those explosions are SOOO important to me, as it makes me wonder at my own distruction. I really hope CIG will keep trying to perfect these! Yaarrr!!! :beers:

Restocking torps at cry-astro is very cheap aswell, so no better time than the present.

Also, do we have members named Tintin (recon), Snowy (support) and Calculus (madman) by any chance? :eyes:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I love the Eclips a tip to get any ship accelerate faster is to use all forward thrusters as in Strafe forward ass you have max throttle forward with boost and afterburner get you a lot better straight line acceleration but be careful this burn fuel really fast but in emergency it's great if you want to get some distance to your target fast that don't anticipate you doing a move like that.
:yum:
I have manage to get through SP pirate swarm twice in the Eclips, so in my book it's one heck of a bomber fighter.
I Love those connie explosions ha ha ha.. :fireworks::joy:

:beer: :beer: :beer:

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
a tip to get any ship accelerate faster is to use all forward thrusters as in Strafe forward ass you have max throttle forward with boost and afterburner get you a lot better straight line acceleration but be careful this burn fuel really fast but in emergency it's great if you want to get some distance to your target fast that don't anticipate you doing a move like that.
This strategy works on any slowly accelerating ship btw, but I am suspecting this will change quite a bit before the 1.0 release, since it is not really a behavior anyone would expect (and therefore OP for the people who do know about it).

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Here is one thing missed in this video the default missile not torpedo on the Eclips and Retaliator is not heat seeking they are Talon Argos IX strike missile a very large cross section strike missile.

Which mean you can fire all the flares and shaft you want if that have a lock on you but the missile will ignore it and keep coming. As it is a strike missile it wont explode until it actually hit the target so it wont give up that easy.

So if you can't out maneuver the default mounted Talon Argos IX strike missile when it's heading your way, you're kind of screwed for only way to get away from a cross section strike missile is to out maneuver it. That goes for all CS strike missiles... ( Run like hell in short ha ha ha )

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
This strategy works on any slowly accelerating ship btw, but I am suspecting this will change quite a bit before the 1.0 release, since it is not really a behavior anyone would expect (and therefore OP for the people who do know about it).
Yeah it does but it have always been like that, since the strafe and main thrusters are not the same, so a combo with them sure burn fuel a lot but get you that upper edge for a short time. This kind of flying IMO is strategy skill flying and to use what you got to the max is not a exploit.

Since this is how the thrusters are set up, boost only work on directional thrusters, afterburner only work on forward/reverse main thrusteer and this is how it's been from the start and something a lot of peps don't seem to get so I can't see why this would ever change.

Sure you get a short speed advantage but lose a lot of fuel doing so and in some ships that can be a disaster or big disadvantage then in some a advantage. That's where your skill and knowledge come in, some get it some don't it's the way the world works. IMO that's how it should be.

:beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer:

Shiwaz

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Shiwaz
Sure you get a short speed advantage but lose a lot of fuel doing so and in some ships that can be a disaster or big disadvantage then in some a advantage. That's where your skill and knowledge come in, some get it some don't it's the way the world works. IMO that's how it should
Completely agree! Knowing your ships ins and outs should give the seasoned pilot freedom of choice, depending on the situation.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
Since this is how the thrusters are set up, boost only work on directional thrusters, afterburner only work on forward/reverse main thrusteer and this is how it's been from the start and something a lot of peps don't seem to get so I can't see why this would ever change.

:beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer:
I haven't played around with it enough to fully understand it, but I do notice that I get a boost to my afterburner speed without strafing as well when just moving in a straight line (so just holding afterburner, without strafe, is slower than holding afterburner + boost, in a straight line) which might be a bit weird if boost is only for maneuvering thrusters (which I also didn't know worked that way :P )

also, :beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer:!!!

Forgot your password?