A PTU Request - Video of a Cargo Full Cargo Run

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
In the video I cut down travel times a lot, where many of them are minutes long. But over all this is very shorten time version but show all the steps for one cargo run between Olisar - Levski
:D

1. No not in this PTU test stage, what I see you sell it for same as you buy it.. But it is as now just for testing to see that it actually work buying and selling.

2. Oh! on ships that have cargo space you can walk in to, it look like it's been shown in ATV shows but I can take a screen shot from inside cargo bay next time I do a cargo run if some one else don't do it before that :D

3. The trading console interface is cool works as intended easy to see and understand what to do on it IMO. Shore there are always room for improvement.

Over all that was my first serious try to do a cargo run and for that I give it a big thumbs up for being very easy to figure out how to.. :D

CHEERS! :beers: :beer: :beers:

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
Welp, i made an entire vid of me buying stuff at Grim Hex filling my entire cutlass and selling it at Port Olisar. But apparantly I stopped the video when I wanted to record and vice versa so I only have a vid of me trying to get out of Grim Hex with freezes and innter thought cursors dissapearing haha.

Anyway it worked and I made a grand total of -200 I think :smile:
Any chance of a second try of a video of this?

Reactions: Mich Angel

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
OK I have to contribute to this, I did a basic cargo run in a Avenger Titan.

DO not judge the game by the video it's my crappy computer that can't record heavy game like this when I am playing them.

But enjoy it for what it is CHEERS :beers:

Your choice of cargo pleases me.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Fab work my fellow testie cargoites. It's tough work trying to do a cargo run at the mo so many crashes and problems.

It will be better soon!

One thing I can't get over is the cargo size of the Catterpillar, 2 x the cargo of a Starfarer and 5 x the Cargo of a Connie! :o

They really misread the brief when they made that one!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
One thing I can't get over is the cargo size of the Catterpillar, 2 x the cargo of a Starfarer and 5 x the Cargo of a Connie!
It's pretty accurate if you go by the ship matrix.
Cargo is 96 for the Andromeda, 296 for the Starfarer and 592 for the Caterpillar (if you use all cargo modules, I guess).

Reactions: Mich Angel

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
How do you tell which cargo to buy then where to sell it?
Research go to the places where you can buy and sell take notes and from there on start trading :D

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I read the title as a cargo full of RUM!!! I was about to really get behind this, then i reread as run. Sadness
I tried to do something like that, loaded a Caterpillar full of Distilled Spirits then went in search of a customer...which so far has not ended well.

I have found:
  • Logging out from the Caterpillar bed is not fully supported by 'persistence'
    • I was sent back to PO but Caterpillar was landed at Yela
  • After landing on Yela (finally) in my Buccaneer, calling my Caterpillar blew up my Buccaneer and gave me a crime stat
  • Nobody on Yela was interested in Distilled Spirits
  • I tried to get to GH instead...
    • Wouldn't let me go directly there, had to jump to another location then try to jump back to Yela to get an appropriate angle to jump to GH
  • I accidentally owned Mobi just as I was exiting QT, completely locking up the UI
    • I had to exit the game (client crashed)
  • When I signed back on I was back at PO but my Caterpillar's location was listed as 'Unknown'

Last edited:

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
system

i7 6800k --- in 2.6 the game was not balanced over the cores, since 3.0 it uses all 8 cores fairly equally, (although when they go to 100% for a screen freeze mostly all go 100%) This makes me think that 3.0 has tried to improve CPU usage .
16GB RAM
Titan X - interestingly SC uses 30 - 50% of my GPU. Some games max out my GPU rather than the CPU
windows 10
------------
settings

gamma/brightness/contrast all 50
2560x1440
quality --- very high
FOV 87
sharpening 0
chromatic aberration 100

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I wasn't getting the same cpu lag spikes this morning but now my fps is now sitting at 6 to 9 no matter what I am doing.

Reactions: marcsand2

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
I just had an idea that we need to have somewhere to post prices at the different locations for all of our trading needs. Any way we can do that and keep it more private? I would like to start a basic version of this so we can adapt it when the game launches or adds more systems at least.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Not sure how effective that would be. They are talking about how the prices in any given region will fluctuate not only with people buying and selling but also with other game effects like pirate activity and game events. So having a fixed price at different locations would only be a snapshot of the price at that point in time and would not reflect current market trends.

Forgot your password?