A very dumb question

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Oh hey everyone, it's been ages! Yes I definitely only jump on around the time IAE happens to buy things. Building my PC right now since my old one died, so not on all the time. Also constantly working and while the game isn't out in full I just don't focus on the game till it's in a more finished state. So that's why I am usually around once a year Lol.

Anyways, because of me not being around often, that also limits my knowledge/ I am very stupid when it comes to certain subjects about the game. Especially when it comes down to melting ships into store credit and upgrades.

IAE is approaching, and with that comes waves/limited hulls of certain ships. I have more than enough to melt down in my hanger to get an Idris if I am lucky/fast enough. My stupid question is, are wrong able to melt down/do a ship upgrade to get it, or do they only allow it to be purchased with new money? Thank you in advance.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Fairly sure you can buy one with credit (those sell out really fast), or with new money for a discount, and reportedly those last a little longer. A few years ago I think they were $1300 warbond (new money) or $1500 credit. Don't know if those prices are still correct now - would expect them to have gone up but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who knows.

Edit - pic and source reference for Idris-P on sale at this year's Fleet Week, no mention of warbond here, so I'm guessing this was the non-warbond (i.e. credit-friendly) price:
1666200640919.png

Source: Invictus 2952 - Hub - Roberts Space Industries | Follow the development of Star Citizen and Squadron 42

Last edited:

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Seriously, good luck on getting an Idris.

Typically there are both cash purchases and credit purchases available. Store credit price tend to be marked up over cash, and insurance time is lower. Although many of the biggest ships/concierge packages come with LTI no matter which you use. Idris certainly qualifies for this.

Limited numbers go fast, even the cash sales. (Except on a few ships like the Endeavor.. I've not personally seen that one sell out.)

Whether doing either is right or wrong for you is a question only you can answer mate, although there are plenty of folks who will love the chance to tell you what to do.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Welcome back, great to see you again!

No stupid questions when you are talking to the person who couldn't tell which keyboard command to use to get off the toilet in his Connie and had to go on the official RSI forum asking for help to get off of the can without logging out and in again ;-)

As others have said fresh cash limited numbers last a bit longer than store credit limited numbers versions, those have been known to go in seconds so best of luck. I've not seen any CCU's for the Idris at any point but I've not been looking that closely.

Things are always in in flux so this year may be different but it's likely not any different to previous years :)

Last edited:

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
Store Credit purchase is $1500, LTI, and they go fast. Good luck with your F5 browser skill. If you get one in your basket but don't finalize the purchase in-time, don't worry.
LEAVE IT IN YOUR BASKET, don't close your browser, and finalize the purchase immediately when the next sale wave begins. That's what I did, and it worked like a champ.

Last edited:

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Fairly sure you can buy one with credit (those sell out really fast), or with new money for a discount, and reportedly those last a little longer. A few years ago I think they were $1300 warbond (new money) or $1500 credit. Don't know if those prices are still correct now - would expect them to have gone up but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who knows.

Edit - pic and source reference for Idris-P on sale at this year's Fleet Week, no mention of warbond here, so I'm guessing this was the non-warbond (i.e. credit-friendly) price:
View attachment 23549
Source: Invictus 2952 - Hub - Roberts Space Industries | Follow the development of Star Citizen and Squadron 42

Thank you and to all the replied. All the information makes sense and I appreciate it. I do know it's a slim chance, but eh oh well, still gonna try. Worst that happens is i don't get it lol!

I guess a another dumb follow up question, is that I doubt they allow sales of the Idris M anymore? Probably only the P?

Reactions: Deroth and Vavrik

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Welcome back, great to see you again!

No stupid questions when you are talking to the person who couldn't tell which keyboard command to use to get off the toilet in his Connie and had to go on the official RSI forum asking for help to get off of the can without logging out and in again ;-)

As others have said fresh cash limited numbers last a bit longer than store credit limited numbers versions, those have been known to go in seconds so best of luck. I've not seen any CCU's for the Idris at any point but I've not been looking that closely.

Things are always in in flux so this year may be different but it's likely not any different to previous years :)

Good to see you too! And that is funny lol. I probably am even worse off than knowing how to get off a toilet LOL. Only flew around once before my PC died in my MSR and it must of been back when it had low fuel reserves. Ended up flying to a different planet, running out of fuel, and crashed just right before I could make it to the landing pad, full of cargo lol. My first experience amd I epic failed it/I was super dumb. Also pretty sure I killed myself with the ramp prior to even taking off haha.

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Store Credit purchase is $1500, LTI, and they go fast. Good luck with your F5 browser skill. If you get one in your basket but don't finalize the purchase in-time, don't worry.
LEAVE IT IN YOUR BASKET, don't close your browser, and finalize the purchase immediately when the next sale wave begins. That's what I did, and it worked like a champ.
That is a bad ass idea. Thank you.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Good to see you too! And that is funny lol. I probably am even worse off than knowing how to get off a toilet LOL. Only flew around once before my PC died in my MSR and it must of been back when it had low fuel reserves. Ended up flying to a different planet, running out of fuel, and crashed just right before I could make it to the landing pad, full of cargo lol. My first experience amd I epic failed it/I was super dumb. Also pretty sure I killed myself with the ramp prior to even taking off haha.
'tis the way of TEST and in such GLORIOUS style!

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Thank you and to all the replied. All the information makes sense and I appreciate it. I do know it's a slim chance, but eh oh well, still gonna try. Worst that happens is i don't get it lol!

I guess a another dumb follow up question, is that I doubt they allow sales of the Idris M anymore? Probably only the P?
The Idris-M is available in high level Concierge packages.. otherwise I do not think it has been sold since concept. Someone who's been into it longer may have a better answer. The Idris-P has been the one offered at the IAE sales, and in recent years the -K upgrade kit.

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
The Idris-M is available in high level Concierge packages.. otherwise I do not think it has been sold since concept. Someone who's been into it longer may have a better answer. The Idris-P has been the one offered at the IAE sales, and in recent years the -K upgrade kit.
Makes sense. Slightly a bummer but definitely makes sense. Thank you!

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Wait for wave 3.

In general you can get an Idris with credit still 5-10 minutes after the time for the wave.

If you can, put it in cart during wave one or two, even if you can't go through the payment, keep it in cart and use a browser bot to refresh the cart page. This trick was not working IAE 2020 as they changed the system, but it was possible to do it again this year in 2022 with Invictus.

As for the Warbond one, last sales in 2020, 2021 or Invictus this year, you still had Idris Warbond for sale up to 30 minutes after the wave start, for 3rd wave.

Forgot your password?