Alien: Romulus

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Am I alone in wondering when there will be a sequel of this franchise where the Predators team up with the space marines of the Aliens franchise to combat the Xenomorphs? Think Alien vs Predator 2.0 but this time in space & in the future.

Reactions: NomadicHavoc

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I would watch that!
Hell, I'd love the irony of the Predators taking the Space Marines to the home planets of the Xenomorphs to start wiping them out from their origins. Though personally, they've always come across as parasite type beings, so just make their stars to super nova & enjoy the super deluxe bug spray. LoL

Reactions: NomadicHavoc

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Hell, I'd love the irony of the Predators taking the Space Marines to the home planets of the Xenomorphs to start wiping them out from their origins. Though personally, they've always come across as parasite type beings, so just make their stars to super nova & enjoy the super deluxe bug spray. LoL
Mmmm....bug spray! Drool...

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I missed this one because the notion of all the real warriors dying and a 90lbs woman killing a Predator sounded like a little too much girl power. So you’re saying they pulled it off or you made special allowances for shitty storytelling, just so long as it’s trendy?

• o7

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Did the movie exceed all expectations...nope. But, I thought it was a good movie. I'm not making excuses for how how a 90 lbs girl used her speed/agility and more importantly wits to put down the Predator. In my view, she is as much a "real" warrior as her male counterparts. Why call it a shitty movie when you've never watched it? To each their own I guess.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Did the movie exceed all expectations...nope. But, I thought it was a good movie. I'm not making excuses for how how a 90 lbs girl used her speed/agility and more importantly wits to put down the Predator. In my view, she is as much a "real" warrior as her male counterparts. Why call it a shitty movie when you've never watched it? To each their own I guess.
I watched it. It was alright & entertaining for the most part.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I’m not calling it a shitty movie. If she used her smarts and skills to kill a Predator, it’s probably worth watching. If like in Rings of Power she was granted superhuman skills no one could possibly have, then that’s the sort of girl power I haven’t the digestive tract for. I loved the first AvP. That is real girl power, not today’s cheap knock off. I still call one of the fight scenes in that the best fight scene on film ever.

I have certainly grown more reserved as to what I will plunk cash down for. I have no interest in slasher movies but watched them lots as a kid. I will not watch the Saw movies at all. I’ve seen what saws do to human flesh and that’s not entertainment. Truth is I was backing off action films for the first time in the 80’s, so it was really late before I ever saw Demolition Man which became an instant favorite. Gotta love Snipes in that!

Apparently Leslye Headland, the main Producer over at Disney in charge of Acolyte has been explaining something to the effect that Acolyte is what she would want to watch when she was a child and queer. WTF? Why would anyone say that? Do they want to chase away part of their audience? How does that make sense? The shareholders over at Disney need to sue Bob Iger into making Disney about entertainment instead of social engineering. What percent of her target audience is straight, and will skip Acolyte because they don’t want their kids queered? Like 90%? Is that a fair guess? I just don’t see the market plan here.

There’s lots I won’t bother with. I don’t need to see men kissing or women grabbing each other’s asses, and I sure don’t need to see 3” steel bar piercings sticking out of pinhead. I should never have watched that movie.

1711456117463.png

Last edited:
  • o7

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Alien Romulus ...
I dunno. 'Alien' (despite how good it was back in the day) feels like a franchise that has run its course.

Other than 'more of the same' alien monster horror, what do we anticipate being exciting about a next 'Alien' film?

And 'Romulus' ... ?

• o7

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
I dunno. 'Alien' (despite how good it was back in the day) feels like a franchise that has run its course.

Other than 'more of the same' alien monster horror, what do we anticipate being exciting about a next 'Alien' film?

And 'Romulus' ... ?
You're probably right. It won't likely deviate too much from the traditional plot points. But, even still, I don't care. Can't wait to see those face huggers again. Creeeeeepy goodness is incoming :o7:

Forgot your password?