Alliances?

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
(not proposing anything, just researching)
Say i have some small SC corp from some site (around 50 ppl).
They are researching ability to join some big corp without actually joining org themselves. Forming an alliance, actually. Hiding under TEST wing, somewhere in their space but on the edge of it, on some distant outpost. They are also not so great when it comes to english. Local community. There is, however, couple of guys who vowed to hold all communication between this local group and TEST. Can i call them ambassadors?
What TEST, and especially core members, are thinking about this? I can recall @NKato had some great ideas about politics in SC.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Yes, we will no doubt be building alliances in-game once everybody starts establishing themselves.

To date we have not formed any alliances because 1) we are lazy and 2) how the hell do we know who we want to shoot at or not if we have not been in the game yet?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Glowing Leader has spoken. Really, if someone wants to be your friend, there's no reason to say no unless there are extenuating circumstances. We are a fairly open and friendly bunch, so having other orgs/corps as friends just seems natural. Especially if they have beer.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
And here we go, straight to touchy subject.
What can be considered "extenuating circumstances"? Extensive piracy? KOSing everyone? Jettisoning beer?
They JETTISON THEIR BEER?!?!?!
/OPENS THE AIRLOCK OF FRIENDSHIP
What @CrudeSasquatch said. Jettisoning BEER?!? ARE YOU INSANE!?!
Seriously though, piracy, meh, no big deal. We have a piracy div. KOS, that's douchy. BUT, if they aren't directly affiliated with TEST, we have plausible deniability. Ha

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
I recall in World of Warcraft... we were an org of 20 at our biggest, although the core group was 8 guys from the same city. When we were 8, we had a lot of fun, did what we wanted, and enjoyed life... but we couldn't organize big RAIDS... so we merged with others to do the big ol' RAIDS... and it was HORRIBLE.
:)

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
I recall in World of Warcraft... we were an org of 20 at our biggest, although the core group was 8 guys from the same city. When we were 8, we had a lot of fun, did what we wanted, and enjoyed life... but we couldn't organize big RAIDS... so we merged with others to do the big ol' RAIDS... and it was HORRIBLE.
:)
Please tell me how to increase the level of terribleness. Just out of curiosity XD

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Please tell me how to increase the level of terribleness. Just out of curiosity XD
well, first, no matter how hard everyone works, the admins and Montoya get all the purple gear first. No matter what. Even if they already have that item. So I guess in SC, that means no matter how many ships we capture, they are all Montoya's ships and he will decide who needs them most... actually... just act like ADI... that's about it. We joined an ADI.

Edit Add-
Every time we do things, keep a score card of who does the most DPS and HEAL... then give good gear to only people who are already OP. Because they contributed more and therefore it was pure skill, not because they always get the OP stuff.
Everyone else gets points for being there. After several thousand raids, they can gamble their points on winning an item nobody else wants, but they lose the points if they lose the /roll. That way, they're stuck working as indentured slaves forever.

Allied organizations only get 1/2 of the points because they haven't sworn fealty to Montoya.

Last edited:

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
well, first, no matter how hard everyone works, the admins and Montoya get all the purple gear first.
Absolutely fantastic idea. Noted.

just act like ADI... that's about it. We joined an ADI.
Already in talks with ADI to merge our orgs and staff.

That way, they're stuck working as indentured slaves forever.
Indentured slaves sound bad so we are going to get you all addicted to beer and use your dependency as slave labor. That way we end up the organization that provides everyone with free beer!

Allied organizations only get 1/2 of the points because they haven't sworn fealty to Montoya.
That's too generous, allied organizations will get 0 since we are providing them with a level of gameplay they wouldn't be able to experience otherwise.

Forgot your password?