Almost as cool as Black Sunder

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Along with the lack of ability to stop drinking.
Rehab is for quitters!
Yeah I remember you saying you needed to get a Prospector.
I have a Reclaimer as an industry ship, but I'd love to have a smaller salvager. I guess I could re-add the Prospector, as it'll be more cost effective for startup than trying to run a Reclaimer. It'd probably be a wise choice for early gameplay.
Prospector, Cutty, and Hurricane/Defender for early game money making.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
Rehab is for quitters!

I have a Reclaimer as an industry ship, but I'd love to have a smaller salvager. I guess I could re-add the Prospector, as it'll be more cost effective for startup than trying to run a Reclaimer. It'd probably be a wise choice for early gameplay.
Prospector, Cutty, and Hurricane/Defender for early game money making.
the only way your going to be nearly as cool as @Black Sunder is to get a prospector to mine. After all he is the mountain behind rock raiders.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
when I suggested an Aurora it was on general principles

but now that I see you actually don't own one...

isn't the choice obvious?

the CL is the only available standalone model over $40
Yeah like the others have asked. WTF, where's your Aurora?

Where the Javelin?
Actually everyone needs a Cap ship. Really everyone.

You see my indecision. I love ALL the ships.
Then you can't lose, right?

Props to the first person that can get that reference
KUNG POW!

Actually, if you get or want a Prospector, which seems to be a great money maker since everyone in the Verse is gonna be haulin', I'd get a Sabre to go with your Privateer.

BTW. Welcome to the club. It's an honor to have such a fine and distinguished person to join our ranks.

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Owl I'll answer your question for real this time:

Privateer - Cutlass Black
Salvage - Reclaimer(duh) or a small salvager when CIG comes out with it
Exploration - Freelancer DUR or Connie Aquila
Espionage - Hornet Ghost/Sabre/Herald
Smuggling- Connie Phoenix / Caterpillar, another person's ship!
Bombing - Harbinger/Retaliator
Combat - Super Hornet, Sabre
Command and control - Idris/Discord(I'm serious)
Solo play - Prospector, Reliant, Cutlass Black, etc etc. Anything YOU feel comfortable with.

Look, I can't tell you how much my fleet has evolved since it started. Everytime i think its set CIG comes out with something else that fills a void in my heart I didn't know was there. Apparently spending cash fills it. :cold_sweat: The important thing in all this is that you can look at your hangar and say "I actually have a use for each of these ships/vehicles." Nothing is being wasted or redundant unless you just want that.

Tumbril Cyclone(5 Pack)
Cutlass Black
3 Aopoa Knox(2 of them Kue)
Esperia Blade
Eclipse
Defender
Buccaneer
Sabre
Esperia Glaive
Hurricane
Terrapin
Caterpillar + 2 Dragonfly Pack
Herald
Prospector
Super Hornet
Crucible
Starfarer - G
Orion
Carrack
Banu MM
Reclaimer
Gladius V
Khartu-Al
315P(my base game package)

This is my current fleet and aside from an abundance of fighters, most of which I'll probably end up upgrading or loaning long term, I can point to each item on this list and name at least a couple reasons for it to be there. I mainly have everything I need to get at any resource I want, extract it, and transport it back(by myself or with people) because that's my main focus. if CIG came out with a small repair or salvage ship tomorrow you can bet money I'd snap it up quick because it goes with what I want to do in this game.

So ask yourself, what do YOU want to do mainly and build your fleet around that with a few one offs to mix it up.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Owl I'll answer your question for real this time:

Privateer - Cutlass Black
Salvage - Reclaimer(duh) or a small salvager when CIG comes out with it
Exploration - Freelancer DUR or Connie Aquila
Espionage - Hornet Ghost/Sabre/Herald
Smuggling- Connie Phoenix / Caterpillar, another person's ship!
Bombing - Harbinger/Retaliator
Combat - Super Hornet, Sabre
Command and control - Idris/Discord(I'm serious)
Solo play - Prospector, Reliant, Cutlass Black, etc etc. Anything YOU feel comfortable with.

Look, I can't tell you how much my fleet has evolved since it started. Everytime i think its set CIG comes out with something else that fills a void in my heart I didn't know was there. Apparently spending cash fills it. :cold_sweat: The important thing in all this is that you can look at your hangar and say "I actually have a use for each of these ships/vehicles." Nothing is being wasted or redundant unless you just want that.

Tumbril Cyclone(5 Pack)
Cutlass Black
3 Aopoa Knox(2 of them Kue)
Esperia Blade
Eclipse
Defender
Buccaneer
Sabre
Esperia Glaive
Hurricane
Terrapin
Caterpillar + 2 Dragonfly Pack
Herald
Prospector
Super Hornet
Crucible
Starfarer - G
Orion
Carrack
Banu MM
Reclaimer
Gladius V
Khartu-Al
315P(my base game package)

This is my current fleet and aside from an abundance of fighters, most of which I'll probably end up upgrading or loaning long term, I can point to each item on this list and name at least a couple reasons for it to be there. I mainly have everything I need to get at any resource I want, extract it, and transport it back(by myself or with people) because that's my main focus. if CIG came out with a small repair or salvage ship tomorrow you can bet money I'd snap it up quick because it goes with what I want to do in this game.

So ask yourself, what do YOU want to do mainly and build your fleet around that with a few one offs to mix it up.
Words of wisdom. I have, for the most part, discovered and covered the areas I believe I will want to work in. Like you, like many of you, my fleet had expanded and contacted more times than I can count. It has been 'finalized' time and again, haha.

I think solo play is where I'm lacking the most at the moment. I have my Cutty Blue, Hurricane, for the moment a Terrapin, as well as the Harbinger and BUKs. That doesn't cover a large scope of solo play. Cutty is an all-rounder, Terrapin is pretty niche, the Hurricane and Harbinger with BUKs cover combat and e-warfare, and that's about it.

Depending on how the Terrapin is for exploration, I may be better served with a DUR and a small industry ship, a la the Prospector. So many decisions, haha.

I have time, I shall think on it.
Yeah like the others have asked. WTF, where's your Aurora?
Sitting in buyback. Haha
Then yyou can't lose, right?
But my wallet can.
Actually, if you get or want a Prospector, which seems to be a great money maker since everyone in the Verse is gonna be haulin', I'd get a Sabre to go with your Privateer.
Yeah, I could use a better combat ship.
BTW. Welcome to the club. It's an honor to have such a fine and distinguished person to join our ranks.
Thank you good sir

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
Words of wisdom. I have, for the most part, discovered and covered the areas I believe I will want to work in. Like you, like many of you, my fleet had expanded and contacted more times than I can count. It has been 'finalized' time and again, haha.

I think solo play is where I'm lacking the most at the moment. I have my Cutty Blue, Hurricane, for the moment a Terrapin, as well as the Harbinger and BUKs. That doesn't cover a large scope of solo play. Cutty is an all-rounder, Terrapin is pretty niche, the Hurricane and Harbinger with BUKs cover combat and e-warfare, and that's about it.

Depending on how the Terrapin is for exploration, I may be better served with a DUR and a small industry ship, a la the Prospector. So many decisions, haha.

I have time, I shall think on it.

Sitting in buyback. Haha

But my wallet can.

Yeah, I could use a better combat ship.
Thank you good sir
with all that being said a Dur would be your best bet. It's a jack of all trades ship. some exploration, some cargo, you can defend yourself with it. It will be easy on fuel. and you have larger fuel tanks to go farther out into the verse for those long stints into the void.

Forgot your password?