Almost as cool as Black Sunder

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
i agree with this or simply a polaris lol you lack a capital ship!
Haha, I'd love too have a Polaris. That would solve so many of my issues of having too many ships. One cap and a few extras.
WHY YOU HAVE NO AURORA!?!
Polaris is a big Aurora, right?
with all that being said a Dur would be your best bet. It's a jack of all trades ship. some exploration, some cargo, you can defend yourself with it. It will be easy on fuel. and you have larger fuel tanks to go farther out into the verse for those long stints into the void.
True fact. Also, the DURp and the Cutty were my first loves. So there's a connection there.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Haha, I'd love too have a Polaris. That would solve so many of my issues of having too many ships. One cap and a few extras.

Polaris is a big Aurora, right?

True fact. Also, the DURp and the Cutty were my first loves. So there's a connection there.
The Cutlass didn't use to be a ship I'd ever get but I got a Caterpillar because it was supposed to carry a lot. The Caterpillar's look started me toward Drake. The Cutlass rework and subsequent thinking of its uses has swung me into firmly into the Cutlass and by proxy Drake Camp.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The Cutlass didn't use to be a ship I'd ever get but I got a Caterpillar because it was supposed to carry a lot. The Caterpillar's look started me toward Drake. The Cutlass rework and subsequent thinking of its uses has swung me into firmly into the Cutlass and by proxy Drake Camp.
Yeah, I'll probaby end up with the Bucky again. I rather love that little ship. I kicked the shit outta Vanduul Swarm with it, my first time flying it.

I already have the Cutty Blue, and may end up with another, surgery black or red. I thin that shit will be a great starter/solo ship.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
with all that being said a Dur would be your best bet. It's a jack of all trades ship. some exploration, some cargo, you can defend yourself with it. It will be easy on fuel. and you have larger fuel tanks to go farther out into the verse for those long stints into the void.
This is why I'm still hanging on to my Dur instead of upgrading to the Aquila. Plus it'll be cheaper(?) to run and some times I just want to go solo, so I can fly naked.

Which is why I don't want to se any more of Josh Coon's work on the Cutty. The dudes work is too good at fuckin' with my sensibilties, of which I have a only a limited amount.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
This is why I'm still hanging on to my Dur instead of upgrading to the Aquila. Plus it'll be cheaper(?) to run and some times I just want to go solo, so I can fly naked.

Which is why I don't want to se any more of Josh Coon's work on the Cutty. The dudes work is too good at fuckin' with my sensibilties, of which I have a only a limited amount.
I am planning on crewing my dur with 4 topless women and me as captain, with the dur having 4 bunks there is will always be someone on shift to fly.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Privateer--Hoplite Unless you want to take the lead with the Sentinel, or be the missile master with the Harbinger, most will probably find the ship that does the boarding is the place of action, fame and fortune. Later when stealthy ships are available, the Prowler and Eclipse will replace the speed team, but to start choose wisely. Choose Vanguard.

Salvage--Reclaimer Is there any other?

Exploration--Carrack It is too beautiful a ship to not have in your collection, and the bridge is too pretty to go without. Alternatively, it is possible a StarG with a dozen Reliant Sen's will actually do a better job. If you can program the NPCs to fly and refuel constantly, this makes for interesting gameplay. No doubt though, you still have to own a Carrack. There is a rite of passage involved. Without a Carrack you are not an explorer!

Espionage--Tarrapin Sneak! Possibly the best Polaris scout or "ship's boat", since it can track active and passive to greater range than ships like the Hornet Tracker, and yet is going to be insanely hard to find. If Chris Roberts' dream comes true and we can link radar and communications ship to ship, using the Terrapin to scan for the Polaris could be a shockingly effective combo, with size 10 torps seemingly appearing from nowhere.

Smuggling--Mustang Omega Yup. Even the Xian Scout and the Herald cannot catch it, and it fits 10 standard cargo units. All of the Mustangs make the best smuggling ships in the 'verse, and there are so many of them, how could anyone catch you? Why would they think to?

Bombing--Eclipse Ya think?

Combat--Polaris If you want to rule on the battlefield, you want a Polaris. People often note that this is going to be an expensive ship to fly, but remember that the mission rewards are sized to the needs to complete them. Just running missions for the son's of Orion against Vanduul targets, you could earn a hefty living and have the UEE pay for all those missiles on each mission. There ARE ways to earn a living as a mercenary. You just have to be willing to kill things and take their treasure.

Command and control--Polaris Ditto. Idris is too big to be easy to crew, and will be too slow for a Command ship.

Solo play--Sentinel Just 'cause EM Warfare is so much fun. If you don't mind your prey hating you for messing with their heads, fly this bird.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Privateer--Hoplite Unless you want to take the lead with the Sentinel, or be the missile master with the Harbinger, most will probably find the ship that does the boarding is the place of action, fame and fortune. Later when stealthy ships are available, the Prowler and Eclipse will replace the speed team, but to start choose wisely. Choose Vanguard.

Salvage--Reclaimer Is there any other?

Exploration--Carrack It is too beautiful a ship to not have in your collection, and the bridge is too pretty to go without. Alternatively, it is possible a StarG with a dozen Reliant Sen's will actually do a better job. If you can program the NPCs to fly and refuel constantly, this makes for interesting gameplay. No doubt though, you still have to own a Carrack. There is a rite of passage involved. Without a Carrack you are not an explorer!

Espionage--Tarrapin Sneak! Possibly the best Polaris scout or "ship's boat", since it can track active and passive to greater range than ships like the Hornet Tracker, and yet is going to be insanely hard to find. If Chris Roberts' dream comes true and we can link radar and communications ship to ship, using the Terrapin to scan for the Polaris could be a shockingly effective combo, with size 10 torps seemingly appearing from nowhere.

Smuggling--Mustang Omega Yup. Even the Xian Scout and the Herald cannot catch it, and it fits 10 standard cargo units. All of the Mustangs make the best smuggling ships in the 'verse, and there are so many of them, how could anyone catch you? Why would they think to?

Bombing--Eclipse Ya think?

Combat--Polaris If you want to rule on the battlefield, you want a Polaris. People often note that this is going to be an expensive ship to fly, but remember that the mission rewards are sized to the needs to complete them. Just running missions for the son's of Orion against Vanduul targets, you could earn a hefty living and have the UEE pay for all those missiles on each mission. There ARE ways to earn a living as a mercenary. You just have to be willing to kill things and take their treasure.

Command and control--Polaris Ditto. Idris is too big to be easy to crew, and will be too slow for a Command ship.

Solo play--Sentinel Just 'cause EM Warfare is so much fun. If you don't mind your pray hating you for messing with their heads, fly this bird.
I'd love to get my hands on a Polaris. I'll wait until she's on sale again, and maybe, just maybe, I melt some things and upgrade to her. Don't know what I'd sacrifice to get there though.

Reclaimer: I have her. She will have many uses.

Carrack: I have a BMM waiting to CCU to my Carrack. Just need a sale to any other $350 ship to make the transition.

Sentinel: I have her. The versatility of the vanguards cannot be overstated.

Eclipse: I have the Harbinger. I have a CCU I could use to acquire an eclipse, but I don't low if she fits my idea of play. Right now. Haha. Hence the CCU.

Omega: hmmmm, I never thought of the omega as a smuggler. Brilliant idea. I may look into this.

Hoplite: I have a few CCUs just in case but frankly, I have the Redeemer, and I like the Redeemer. Prowler is another ship that I have CCUs in buyback. If I can figure out a way to minimize the number of ships and maximize usage/job coverage, then the prowler May be added to the lineup.

Forgot your password?