Ammorn's hijacked thread. He loves you guys.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Yeah, there's a ton of lore. The 40k universe has been around since 1987. They've wrote a bunch of novels and made a number of tabletop RPG campaigns, a number of computer games too, so there's a ton of history and story. Plus there's quite a bit of stuff to read about just the technology and such. I mean, the space marines are basically hulking 8 foot tall genetically and cybernetically enhanced superhuman super soldiers in Iron Man hulk buster armor with bolt guns that shoot .75 caliber(19mm) high explosive armor piercing rockets. All that set in a universe were if you commit any heresy, or if your faith in the emperor waivers you'll get a boltgun round to the head or be turned into a semi-sentient servitor by having parts of your brain carved out and having control chips installed and cybernetics implants installed for whatever task you're being designed to serve the Imperium.

Yup... And people wonder why some went over to Chaos. Be a slave to the Emperor (willing or not willing) or go completely balls to the wall evil so that you can stop the Tryanids.

Personally, I like Orks and Tau. Orks iz fun cuz dey haz da brainz dey need when deyz spawned. Orkz iz made off fungus so when dey die, spores cova de area an den more off em spring up a year later. Dey no whoz in charge cuz da biggest Ork is da warboss. (Also every one of them is psychic without any of them really knowing. Because of this, things happen because all of them believe it will happen. For example: an Ork gun does not actually function. It is basically a tube, a trigger, and a hole where the bullets go in. A human can't fire it because it doesn't work but a Ork can because he believes that it will work and the mass psychic energy that all of the Orks produce as a whole makes it happen. That's why some pictures of Orks have 2 guns each with 3 barrels and 7 linked bullet feeds. It can't work because you can't load 2 bullets behind each other and still have them fire normally, but an Ork can fire it because "orks iz better at shootin' den dem 'umies")

Tau fight for the greater good from the safety of their mech suits. They are smaller, not the best shot, but they have so many technological advancements that they almost never miss. The imperials have been raging a continuous war with tanks, space marines and space ships for over 10,000 years. The Tau went from rock banging cave men to Mech Savants in 6,000 years. Quite the rapid advancement. They also love railguns, mobility, robits, and painting targets with lasers.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Yup... And people wonder why some went over to Chaos. Be a slave to the Emperor (willing or not willing) or go completely balls to the wall evil so that you can stop the Tryanids.

Personally, I like Orks and Tau. Orks iz fun cuz dey haz da brainz dey need when deyz spawned. Orkz iz made off fungus so when dey die, spores cova de area an den more off em spring up a year later. Dey no whoz in charge cuz da biggest Ork is da warboss. (Also every one of them is psychic without any of them really knowing. Because of this, things happen because all of them believe it will happen. For example: an Ork gun does not actually function. It is basically a tube, a trigger, and a hole where the bullets go in. A human can't fire it because it doesn't work but a Ork can because he believes that it will work and the mass psychic energy that all of the Orks produce as a whole makes it happen. That's why some pictures of Orks have 2 guns each with 3 barrels and 7 linked bullet feeds. It can't work because you can't load 2 bullets behind each other and still have them fire normally, but an Ork can fire it because "orks iz better at shootin' den dem 'umies")

Tau fight for the greater good from the safety of their mech suits. They are smaller, not the best shot, but they have so many technological advancements that they almost never miss. The imperials have been raging a continuous war with tanks, space marines and space ships for over 10,000 years. The Tau went from rock banging cave men to Mech Savants in 6,000 years. Quite the rapid advancement. They also love railguns, mobility, robits, and painting targets with lasers.

I love the Orks, they're the perfect species for war. If they had an intellect and mindset a little closer to humans they'd be nigh unstoppable and could build an empire that would rule the galaxy.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Oh! :eyes: there is Dumber and Dumbest for real... IRL thought that was just a movie.....

This is got to be some sort of Guinness record

HA HA HA :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Jesus, this made me laugh my ass off. Haha
Yeah, there's a ton of lore. The 40k universe has been around since 1987. They've wrote a bunch of novels and made a number of tabletop RPG campaigns, a number of computer games too, so there's a ton of history and story. Plus there's quite a bit of stuff to read about just the technology and such. I mean, the space marines are basically hulking 8 foot tall genetically and cybernetically enhanced superhuman super soldiers in Iron Man hulk buster armor with bolt guns that shoot .75 caliber(19mm) high explosive armor piercing rockets. All that set in a universe were if you commit any heresy, or if your faith in the emperor waivers you'll get a boltgun round to the head or be turned into a semi-sentient servitor by having parts of your brain carved out and having control chips installed and cybernetics implants installed for whatever task you're being designed to serve the Imperium.

Oh I see. I think this sounds like a very fun universe to live in. Haha

Are the Tau the Space Elves?

Wait, the Space Elves are the Eldar or something, aren't they?

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn

Eldar are the space elves, Tau are the space commies. LOL, it would be either terrifying or a fun universe depending on your social position in society. It's a pretty brutal and metal universe.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank

There are Eldar (space elves) and Dark Eldar (dark elves... In SPACE!)

Tau are like... different...

Faceless most of the time, reliant on teamwork, equality, and greater good communism. They don't deal with magic like some space marines do. They are 100% technology and mechs. They also hire a barbaric race called Kroot, which is an 8' tall melee savage killer with beaks but no feathers. Think of a sasquatch, now bald, has a beak, now give him a frame with muscle but build for speed. You get this:

Forgot your password?