An additional $17M from existing CI investors

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
which seem like an odd thing to do for someone in a head marketing position
Lets be honest here, there are far more qualified people to be in that position. I feel her absence lately is because she really does not need to be in the office much anymore. There is no magical marketing strategy that needs to be developed, not that she developed anything. A marketing manager just needs to keep the marketing group working smoothly, and Im sure they have an employee there doing that.

She has free time now to pursue her acting.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Lets be honest here, there are far more qualified people to be in that position. I feel her absence lately is because she really does not need to be in the office much anymore. There is no magical marketing strategy that needs to be developed, not that she developed anything. A marketing manager just needs to keep the marketing group working smoothly, and Im sure they have an employee there doing that.

I've seen some clear cut examples of nepotism in my time but whoo whee.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

Exactly! How about we get a real marketing person in there that can actually do a better job of throwing content at us? I feel like we only see what Disco Lando decides to throw together.
Maybe these investors who originally put their money in for marketing purposes also means they will help doing the actual marketing by providing ppl who know how to do it, so we get better marketing?
I haven't seen any progress in this regard, though I'm hoping they are putting together a proper marketing campaign for squadron42 in the background as we speak.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Like everybody else here, I do not believe deadlines until I actually see them, but one thing to remember is that game development is not linear.

Just because it took 7yrs to make the Stanton system, does not mean it will take 7yrs to make the next system.

In fact I would not be surprised if they could spin up the basics of an entire star system within a day. The orbits, planet sizes, weather conditions, color palates, all done with a few keystrokes now. Slap in a few orbital space stations, also procedural, and you have a new system ready to go.

The only thing that may take time is if the system has a few important landing zones, those require a lot of attention, but again, the tools to do all this have been developed.

I fully expect Star Citizen to become the most expensive game ever developed.

And I totally agree with this, yes it shouldn't take 7 years to make another star system, ships, etc.... they have done most of the work and now these things are considerably easier and I have never questioned IF the game will get done or be finished, I merely question when and how it gets completed. lol

Reactions: Mich Angel

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
And I totally agree with this, yes it shouldn't take 7 years to make another star system, ships, etc.... they have done most of the work and now these things are considerably easier and I have never questioned IF the game will get done or be finished, I merely question when and how it gets completed. lol
Yep, they have the tools now and it takes them weeks instead of years. In fact, when they talk about remaking all of the planets when they updated to Planet Tech V4 they said it only took them a few weeks to recraft all of the planets.

From what has been shared it seems creating systems and planets is easy. Creating all of the handcrafted POI's takes months if not longer.

Reactions: Mich Angel and Phil

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST

I wonder if she no longer draws her marketing manager salary?

Reactions: Mich Angel

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well as long as CIG is the one pulling the strings, IMO money in is a good thing source is a bit irrelevant as long as it is legal pure cash.

🍻

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?