And now... LTI is limited... (new MISC Razor variants)

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I make a prediction now. You will never see another new ship cost less than 100 dollars.
I think they had mentioned earlier they were trying to round out the fleets of all the manufacturers, and that was why we saw the Origin entry level ship (the 100 series) introduced a couple months ago. I thought they implied there would be a couple more entry level ships from one or two more manufacturers, but they didn't promise anything.

I would amend your statement to read instead as, "If you see a new ship with LTI costing less than $100, scoop up as many as you can/want for LTI tokens!"

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
See, this is a very good question right there. sadly there are two answers that pop to mind:

1) They are in need of more money to complete the development, in other words, they didn't gather enough already to last until the game is finished -> not sure how much expenses they have, or the level of optimization they are making as a business, but I guess 186,545,376 (current funding) money units are not enough in this day and age -> This leads to another question, how much do they think is really needed? I'm sure someone crunched the numbers and made an estimate how much total money will be needed for SC to be finished...right?

2) They are just grabbing all they can because there is no guaranty when the funding will be over by the player community, which sounds greedy, but also desperate kinda... especially since there was no "real effort" in making this reskin and selling it for a lot of money... your thoughts?
Early on, I did some "back of the envelope calculations," and it appeared to me that CIG was running with about 9 months reserve of cash on hand. It seemed to be that they were going to make the best game they could, and when the "money ran out" or "stopped running in" they would have enough time to kind of wrap things up and put out a finished product.

The question is (& was), do we want them to stop now, or do we want them to keep going? Did we want a game with FPS or did we just want to fly spaceships? Did we want a game with planetary landings, or did we just want to dock at a space station in orbit and admire a pretty picture of a planet below? Do we want to land on a city, and go into almost any building or shop? And have them look reasonably different?

In all of the cases, the fans have said, "Yes!" So, development continues.

In any event, if you want the same game re-hashed and warmed over, with a couple of updates, people should play the latest EA game. If you want something innovative and new, *and* are **willing to wait for it** and ***help fund it*** then Star Citizen is the up-and-coming game.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
You know, I never liked the Razors since I don't care to race, but the stealth package is sweet looking. Could replace the X1 Force I was planning on and probably has better sensors. Could fit several in a Polaris to keep as spotters for covert torp launches, and might even fit a couple into the StarG. Interesting. . .

I wonder, if you knew you only wanted to use it in space, and you cut away all the aero control surfaces, would this give you an even further reduced RCS? This thing is friggin' tiny and without the wings it packs in small.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I like how the black one is a 'stealth' ship. Like, where the heck do they think you'll need a stealth racing ship? What do they think people will be doing?

To be honest, i'm not going to buy either of these, since they don't really appeal to me. This does seem like even more of a cash grab then usual, though. I hope nothing's wrong.

Clandestine

Grand Admiral
May 12, 2018
RSI Handle
Clandestine
I'd say don't let the sale bother you in the slightest. If they make a ton of sales of ships, it's only good for the production of the game and thus the community that wants to play it. It's added a little more variation (even if its not completely different) to the lineup of the Razor. I'll be buying one in game with in game credits and will lose zero sleep over the fact that it's being sold now. Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention though, I hadn't even paid much attention, until I read your post.

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
There is nothing wrong.

Every single sale is a cash grab.

Ships sales are needed to bring in continued revenue.

$3M a month is what they need.

They will market and sell ships in a way the maximized revenues.
I think new sales with LTI only to those that pay cash is fine. The game needs new money not melts. So it's all good to me. Melting, trading, and secondary markets are cool and all, but it doesn' help progress the game. I would rather have a full bad ass game than an underfunded one. Video games over the last 3 or more years have been terrible. Ready for a real game that ropes me in. Take my money lol.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I say damn the grey market. I do my best to purchase my ships from CIG directly, but if there is absolutely 1 ship here or there that I just really want that I can't get from CIG, I'll turn to the Black & Gold market of my wonderful TESTies who themselves are also investing in CIG as best as they can. Thus I know that 1 way or another my funds for ships will go to CIG to help fund the game instead of a possible scammer.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
These look like really cool ships, but they are racers and I have as much interest in them as putting on a white floral sundress and calling myself Cynthia. Er, less. Wait, no. Anyway, if you like racing and bought one, grats.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
These look like really cool ships, but they are racers and I have as much interest in them as putting on a white floral sundress and calling myself Cynthia. Er, less. Wait, no. Anyway, if you like racing and bought one, grats.
Thanks for the heads up @Tealwraith . So when you end up buying 1, should we use any particular style of font to write "Cynthia" as the pilot's name on your Razor racer as well as on a certain white floral sundress? I hear that calligraphy is quite lovely. ;p

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I just want you to know, we are all supportive of you, whichever dress and/or ship you choose!

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
I say damn the grey market. I do my best to purchase my ships from CIG directly, but if there is absolutely 1 ship here or there that I just really want that I can't get from CIG, I'll turn to the Black & Gold market of my wonderful TESTies who themselves are also investing in CIG as best as they can. Thus I know that 1 way or another my funds for ships will go to CIG to help fund the game instead of a possible scammer.
Could not of said it better myself

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
OK, I messed that up. Allow me to be clear. I have no Razor of any kind. Neither do I have a white floral sundress or white stockings or slingback sandals or a wide brimmed sun hat.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
FIDELITY ALL THE THINGS!
Fiddle-de-dee all things?

I make a prediction now. You will never see another new ship cost less than 100 dollars.
We still need an entry level Drake ship. And a Drake Starter Package. But I do agree with your point overall. I'm glad the Warbond stealth ships are gone. I really like the looks of that one. But I'm going to ignore this one. I almost caved on the Vulcan, but didn't either. What's wrong with me. Have I stopped buying ships? I mean have I stopped supporting the development of this game? Nah, I'm just gonna wait for an entry level recycler ship and for the Hammerhead, maybe, and the Eclipse to come back around.

Forgot your password?