And now... LTI is limited... (new MISC Razor variants)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
OK, I messed that up. Allow me to be clear. I have no Razor of any kind. Neither do I have a white floral sundress or white stockings or slingback sandals or a wide brimmed sun hat.
No worries @Tealwraith , the Kentucky Derby happens every year, so if you don't have your "white floral sundress or white stockings or slingback sandals or a wide brimmed sun hat" in time for this next running, there will always be next year & the year after that. After all, with an outfit like that you will be worthy of enjoying a Mint Julep with a hot brown sandwich. Cheers my friend!

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
They need to hurry up and think of a new profit scheme. They need to get into the book and graphic novel game, if you ask me. They already have an extensive universe built, they just need to capitalize on it.

(And also should sell my book that I wrote them....bastards.)

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I have yet to hear back on that, FYI. Ticket is still open.
I achieved Concierge status myself shortly after and opened a ticket of my own as well. Open for 3 months now with no response. I'm just going to drop it for free here pretty soon if I don't hear back from them. I am about 50% complete with a book of my very own now and releasing the Aimless Expedition would be a good way to drum up interest in my upcoming project. I just need to put a dent in my student loans, goddamnit. haha

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I achieved Concierge status myself shortly after and opened a ticket of my own as well. Open for 3 months now with no response. I'm just going to drop it for free here pretty soon if I don't hear back from them. I am about 50% complete with a book of my very own now and releasing the Aimless Expedition would be a good way to drum up interest in my upcoming project. I just need to put a dent in my student loans, goddamnit. haha
Before giving in and just giving it away without any recognitions for your efforts, try this:

In the Fan Creations section on Spectrum there is an option for Fiction.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/57219?page=1&sort=newest

Apparently CIGs submissions policy is super-strict. I have no proof for the following so it's my opinion but if all these years of shitposting has taught me anything it is that if something sounds right 50% of the time it probbably is:

So you want to get their attention but they won't even respond. Why chase for their attention when you can, if you can get it to work, get them requesting your attention...

So what do CIG want? From what we can see it looks like they reward fund-raising (spend to concierge + levels) and bringing in more players (referrals). So how can you do this with your story? 1) Get a following - people reading and talking about your chapters creates a hundred times more noise and impression than a concierge request. 2) Create a demand for the next chapter,don't dump it all at once - release with perfect timing and you'll get a rolling demand of people clambering for the next episode to find out what happens next, especially if you put in a jucy dangler at the end that leaves more questions an audience can't wait to have the answers to. 3) Do it where they can see - printing to Spectrum and linking to your work on Spectrum from off-site Twitter, Facebook, TEST Squadron, writers forums, it's all viewable to those who run the forum so if you bring in thousands of new eyes from outside the project you may be bringing in new backers and new interest in the game... I'd be dumbstruck if that was not noticed and leveraged for the good of the project.

Put up your first chapter, or smaller if you don't have too many chapters, and put the smallest of sneaky peaks of the next installment in a "Next Time..." on the end. Serialize your story, it's the format they have been releasing fiction via transmission on RSI... and have your episodes ready, but don't release them all at once, create a bit of rarity and only release when views/reads just start to dip or do the traditional weekly episode where readers can make you part of their weekly routeen. Advertise your work, off-site release snippets to whet the appetite but always link back to the full episode on Spectrum where CIG can see the fruits of your labors.

Words of warning: Read Spectrums terms of service (I know, no one ever does) but some forum owners claim ownership of all content generated on the platform (sometimes just to sue anyone lifting content off their platform). You will (should) have your intellectual property rights and copyright however check those details to make quadruple sure. Also, I can't guarantee this will work - I don't want to give you false hope, you may get four users saying "good job", you may get your story featured on a Star Citizen Fan Creations feature, you may even be approached and asked for permission to use your fiction as a serialization distributed as an RSI site feature as the recent fiction has been (I have no idea if it was FanFic or commissioned from CIG creative staff).

Good luck, don't give up without a fight - unless you want to, I'm not telling you what to do :slight_smile:

Last edited:

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Before giving in and just giving it away without any recognitions for your efforts, try this:

In the Fan Creations section on Spectrum there is an option for Fiction.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/57219?page=1&sort=newest

Apparently CIGs submissions policy is super-strict. I have no proof for the following so it's my opinion but if all these years of shitposting has taught me anything it is that if something sounds right 50% of the time it probbably is:

So you want to get their attention but they won't even respond. Why chase for their attention when you can, if you can get it to work, get them requesting your attention...

So what do CIG want? From what we can see it looks like they reward fund-raising (spend to concierge + levels) and bringing in more players (referrals). So how can you do this with your story? 1) Get a following - people reading and talking about your chapters creates a hundred times more noise and impression than a concierge request. 2) Create a demand for the next chapter,don't dump it all at once - release with perfect timing and you'll get a rolling demand of people clambering for the next episode to find out what happens next, especially if you put in a jucy dangler at the end that leaves more questions an audience can't wait to have the answers to. 3) Do it where they can see - printing to Spectrum and linking to your work on Spectrum from off-site Twitter, Facebook, TEST Squadron, writers forums, it's all viewable to those who run the forum so if you bring in thousands of new eyes from outside the project you may be bringing in new backers and new interest in the game... I'd be dumbstruck if that was not noticed and leveraged for the good of the project.

Put up your first chapter, or smaller if you don't have too many chapters, and put the smallest of sneaky peaks of the next installment in a "Next Time..." on the end. Serialize your story, it's the format they have been releasing fiction via transmission on RSI... and have your episodes ready, but don't release them all at once, create a bit of rarity and only release when views/reads just start to dip or do the traditional weekly episode where readers can make you part of their weekly routeen. Advertise your work, off-site release snippets to whet the appetite but always link back to the full episode on Spectrum where CIG can see the fruits of your labors.

Words of warning: Read Spectrums terms of service (I know, no one ever does) but some forum owners claim ownership of all content generated on the platform (sometimes just to sue anyone lifting content off their platform). You will (should) have your intellectual property rights and copyright however check those details to make quadruple sure. Also, I can't guarantee this will work - I don't want to give you false hope, you may get four users saying "good job", you may get your story featured on a Star Citizen Fan Creations feature, you may even be approached and asked for permission to use your fiction as a serialization distributed as an RSI site feature as the recent fiction has been (I have no idea if it was FanFic or commissioned from CIG creative staff).

Good luck, don't give up without a fight - unless you want to, I'm not telling you what to do :slight_smile:
Yeah, it is precisely because of copyright and usage rights that I plan on releasing the book as a whole on my own separate site. I am not allowed to profit directly off of it, so I am just going to profit via exposure. My next book is 100% my own IP, so I will be able to actually make money with THAT one. I have already put a year and a half into the Star Citizen book and I am not interested in going back to serialize it at this point. IF it is well received, maybe CIG will come to me for a follow-up under their banner. But as far as I'm concerned, that ship has already sailed. I just don't want to work in IT forever. haha

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Oh wow! Congrats on the concierge and on the book. That's awesome brother. I'll be interested to read it when the time comes.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Yeah, it is precisely because of copyright and usage rights that I plan on releasing the book as a whole on my own separate site. I am not allowed to profit directly off of it, so I am just going to profit via exposure. My next book is 100% my own IP, so I will be able to actually make money with THAT one. I have already put a year and a half into the Star Citizen book and I am not interested in going back to serialize it at this point. IF it is well received, maybe CIG will come to me for a follow-up under their banner. But as far as I'm concerned, that ship has already sailed. I just don't want to work in IT forever. haha
Send a post out when your book is released. I'm interested :D

Forgot your password?