Anniversary Sale Mega Thread - Its Done - Hammer & Hawk Available until Dec 11th

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
The hammerhead was interesting but I'm sticking with the Polaris. Already have a Phoenix and 600i as much as I eye the 890 jump. Figured Stevetank needs ore so staying with the Orion. Not interested in space road trucking and I have 4 Aurora's to crash when I can't find a DD.
I need ore to make more ore-oras for my railgun :)

ThomBozworth

Vice Admiral
Nov 30, 2017
RSI Handle
ThomBozworth
I am disgusted with myself... utterly disgusted. Wanted some cheap LTI tokens and ended up with 6 hawks (1 left)... Today i tested out some racers and went total apeshit on my own limits...
The 350R should only serve as a temporary comparison and turned out to be one of the fastest and most stable ships. I had to keep it.
The M50 is a little slower but way lighter, drifts like crazy but looks better (imo). I could not abandon it.
The Mustang Gamma should have been an experiment and in it's current iteration, it's just a cheaper M50 across all categories. Turned it into the Reliant Sen as an Explorer/Science starter.
The Razor was the cherry on top of my rampage... when you have all the racers, why not just go for the Razor, too? Fuck my wallet.
The C.Red is still pending, wanted to test the medical gameplay, optimally in an alien ship, but have to wait.
The Banu Defender was my first LTI and naturally one wants to test it before making decisions.
The Terrapin is the turtle tank of ramming and doom.

I am disgusted with myself... god beware, when more small alien ships hit the pipe.
Not 48 hours ago I was struggling with the 350R / M50 debate. CCU'd the Reliant to M50, flew it down to an outpost and couldn't believe how it handled in atmo. Soooooooo shaky. 315p enters atmosphere like a unicorn riding a wave of butter and if 350R is even close to similar, me thinks the M50 will be CCU'd.

EDIT: for ships that are supposed to be racing/speed oriented (esp M50) this gives me pause. I'm sure the in atmosphere handling will be tweaked but I'm not sure I want to wait until it's too late to find out

2: With the 300 series rework on the horizon, and given what the reworked lines have turned into I think 350R is the way. I can't imagine the M50 changing much.

Last edited:

ThomBozworth

Vice Admiral
Nov 30, 2017
RSI Handle
ThomBozworth
Not 48 hours ago I was struggling with the 350R / M50 debate. CCU'd the Reliant to M50, flew it down to an outpost and couldn't believe how it handled in atmo. Soooooooo shaky. 315p enters atmosphere like a unicorn riding a wave of butter and if 350R is even close to similar, me thinks the M50 will be CCU'd.

EDIT: for ships that are supposed to be racing/speed oriented (esp M50) this gives me pause. I'm sure the in atmosphere handling will be tweaked but I'm not sure I want to wait until it's too late to find out

2: With the 300 series rework on the horizon, and given what the reworked lines have turned into I think 350R is the way. I can't imagine the M50 changing much.
Bought the m50>350r upgrade but haven't applied. Who know what the future holds.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
I did a lot of restructuring the fleet this year, and I'm happy with where I'm at. My main objectives were to finish up with an LTI Reclaimer, upgrade my Orion to LTI (as it was originally purchased during last year's anniversary sale), Trade my 2016 Phoenix for a 2017 Phoenix (for the extra 12 months insurance) and change some of my higher end haulers into a few smaller, but more versatile solo type ships. I guess I want to focus on Nom Nom rocks and metal for the RR long term, but have enought short term flexibility to sample the other mechanics as they go live. I accomplished all of my goals and ended up with about $25 more in credit than I had before the sale with no new money invested. Unfortunately, I'll have to change my forum signature to 'Salvage' instead of 'Haul', since my hauling ability (BMM, Cat) is now limited (Max is only dedicated Hauler left).

And I didn't buy a Hammerhead.

But I kind of want one... maybe...

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Maybe i should make a new thread for this but maybe quickly knows the answer here:

It was stated that the Hull C cannot land (with extended Cargo thingiethins) and therefore needs to
1. Dock to a spacestation via its docking ring
2. needs manual unloading

Does anyone has any informations on how this manual unloading should be performed (Argo ?)

Actually i'm pretty tempted to getting the Hull C. Also yet i'm considering the Caterpillar as a more flexible variant

Gabgrave

Grand Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gabgrave
Regarding the stability of ships in flight, one thing I noticed in the PTU is that the HUD draw distance from the FPS is different between ships, and this affects the sensitivity of the controls if you are using M&KB. E.g. in a Gladius, the distance you see the HUD is further, which makes the mouse lead from the center super sensitive. But in some other ships like the freelancer, you need to move the mouse a significant distance from the center crosshair before it starts to even turn, since the HUD is closer to you. Not sure if this is reelective of the ship aglilty matrix, but the movement distance between ships should be made the same for better control.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I am disgusted with myself... utterly disgusted. Wanted some cheap LTI tokens and ended up with 6 hawks (1 left)... Today i tested out some racers and went total apeshit on my own limits...
The 350R should only serve as a temporary comparison and turned out to be one of the fastest and most stable ships. I had to keep it.
The M50 is a little slower but way lighter, drifts like crazy but looks better (imo). I could not abandon it.
The Mustang Gamma should have been an experiment and in it's current iteration, it's just a cheaper M50 across all categories. Turned it into the Reliant Sen as an Explorer/Science starter.
The Razor was the cherry on top of my rampage... when you have all the racers, why not just go for the Razor, too? Fuck my wallet.
The C.Red is still pending, wanted to test the medical gameplay, optimally in an alien ship, but have to wait.
The Banu Defender was my first LTI and naturally one wants to test it before making decisions.
The Terrapin is the turtle tank of ramming and doom.

I am disgusted with myself... god beware, when more small alien ships hit the pipe.
Good on you! Glad to see the 350R still hasn't lost it's magic, it is still a fun ship to pootle about in.

I didn't see the Vanduul Blade in this sale? I'm not saying anything about small alien ships ;)

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
I re-bought a Reliant with store credit. I hated the ship in 2.6.3 but I like the visibility and think it'll work as a good forward scout on moons and planets.
I wish that I could see the point in that ship. A two-player crew starter ship is such a good idea, but atm it has so little cargo and weapons it's hard to justify. Looks damn cool though!

I hope you're proud of me Black Sunder, I finally have an industrial ship, upgraded my BMM to a Reclaimer. I know people will tell me that's a mistake, but I gotta make my fleet all Aegis again!

Seagon

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Seagon
I dropped all my opinions on the current status of the ships and whether or not something is flight ready.
My view is, Pre-buy and LTI for expensive, harder to attain ships (mostly for fleet ops) and the rest can be attained ingame... It leaves a healthy challenge and sense of progression when the game is released.

Except for my Cutlass, that's just a prime starter imho. (Edit: And oh, so sexy in 3.0)

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
One thing I like about this time of year is it forces me to think about what I want to do in game. So after long day at work can play for an hour (probably need a couple of solo ships for this), and then at weekend hopefully more time to try something bigger.

So I traded warbond Polaris for a warbond Hammerhead, whilst I do not think the Hammerhead is better I am more likely to use it.
Other than that I melted a caterpillar and blade and purchased an orion. I actually think the size increase is bad since you have to maneuver this thing but supposedly the pioneer runs on minerals to build so it fit my fleet. I have a prospector to but just cannot see it filling a pioneer.

I have not been overly impressed with the ATVs to be honest i.e. no rush out and must gets and this has been covering the last 6 months when we just have burndown instead so I would have thought they should have more to show.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
That's just called flight practise, it was bad enough with Just asteroids, the odd space station and other ships (okay and landing pads) but now they have added the ground as a danger and they are forever telling us how much of it there is too!

Forgot your password?