Anniversary Sale Over - Survey of the Damage

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
I actually came out relatively unscathed. Melted ships to get the 24 month insurance but my pride and joy was melting the Redeemer for a Carrack; so I only had to pay $100 this round. But I do wake up in a cold sweat every now and then screaming 'Sale...Sale!!!'

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
60 bucks for me. Super Hornet upgrade, just in case I decide to melt down my Cutlass for something with a bit more dakka. Melted down a Redeemer for Caterpillar, added on the UEE Enviroment Coat and Pistol for 5 bucks.

bcmsemo

Rear Admiral
Donor
Jul 27, 2014
RSI Handle
darkbcm
CCU - Cutlass blue & Super Hornet
2 Aurora LX packages
UEE Environmental Coat
Origin Racing Suit
Side Arm
Carrack

I had bought the CCU Super Hornet upgrade just in case I ended up with a hornet later on but, ended up buying a LTI Super Hornet from a TEST member. Will most likely try selling or melting it down later. Same with the Cutlass blue CCU as I don't actually have a cutlass atm. Also melted my old M50 package to buy a 2 year insurance but never got around to it.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Carrack - To boldly derp where no one has derped before...

Superhornet Upgrade - Just in case I need another one down the line for a friend.

Origin Racing Suit - I can't be a dedicated M50 racer and not have one of these.

Arclight II Pistol - The more pew pews, the better.

I also bought five more Arclight pistols and five of the Anniversary Sale Aurora packages, then upgraded them to LX versions with 2-year insurance, all to give away on my stream. Two ships have already been gifted. :)

Admiral_Nolan

not dead
Nov 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Admiral_Nolan
Managed to increase my fleet by a fair margin. Picked up:
Carrack
Starfarer
Caterpillar
Freelancer MIS
upgraded Hornet to Super Hornet
upgraded 315P to 350R
upgraded Cutlass Black, to Cutlass Blue
also picked up a free Mustang Omega

Now I think my wallet hurts.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Oh boy. Lots of changes. Now the dust has settled, here's the current state of the hanger:

Super Hornet
Super Hornet Upgrade
Mustang Omega
Cutlass Blue
M50
Aurora LX
Herald
Merchantman
Retaliator
Carrack

My wallet however, is surprisingly strong. I was prepared for christmas and videogame shopping this year, it was all budgeted out. Like a responsible adult and stuff. Well, not responsible really... I'm trying to say that I budgeted for it, but that budget 'could' have gone to things like, food, clothes, etc.

Just $25 can feed an entire family in need for a week. Do I feel like an asshole for spending nearly 2 grand on internet spaceplanes?

Please write an essay response, no more than 250 words.

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
I got a Carrack and lost a whole 5 dollars by melting and selling, only because I expected it to be $345. That's budget management right there.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Oh my yes, I did some damage this time. Let's see...,
  • Prior to the sale, I picked up the Herald concept and a Gladius, so my wallet was suffering coming into this.
  • Melted my Redeemer for a Banu Merchantman. I will inflict pain where it really hurts... in the enemy's bank accounts. I got off light here, because the Redeemer really wasn't my playstyle, and I've been wanting a MM forever.
  • Bought a 350r. I'm honestly a bit rubbish at flying the M50, it's too agile and I just black out/red out all the time. So, in the verbiage of the honorable Mr. Clarkson, I tried to make up for it with pure SPEEEED!!!
  • I bought a Retaliator. This is one of the least "practical" purchases I've made yet, as all of the others at least had a specific goal in mind, but with this one, I was simply seduced by the desire for a sexy, sexy, multi-person heavy bomber that would let me inflict major damage on big ships.
  • I already had a MISC Freelancer DUR, so I wasn't worried about getting the Carrack so much. Sure, they'd put out some pretty pictures, and the early stats seemed nice, but it was nothing I couldn't resist. Until I actually saw the ship... its relatively heavy armament, the included rover and dropship, the sleek profile and open, multi-level cockpit... it was hopeless. My wallet wailed in agony.
  • And just when I thought it was safe, it occurred to me... what if I need missiles? What if I want to bring a small torpedo boat that just launch dozens and dozens of missiles? And so, a second MISC Freelancer, this one the MIS model, was added to my fleet.
I was already past the concierge level prior to even purchasing the Herald concept. I managed to blast well past the Grand Admiral level during the sale. My MM is named for the carnage wrought this week in the name of Chris Robert, purveyor of the BDSSE.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also picked up a $20 Aurora pack for a friend to drag them into SC, and I got the coat and blaster pistol too. Woo!

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
sorting through my hanger mess now.

UEE Coat/sidearm/ racing suit
Retaliator
Starfarer
BMM
Gladiator
5x Aurora MR, upgraded to LX

left over credit
SH upgrade
MIS upgrade

I melted some ships in my hanger, I had used store credit to buy some of them before I realized they could not be sold, so If I want them back I will just use Concierge to get them back.

resisted the Carrack and didn't have enough store credit/interest for the catapiller

The mis upgrade might get melted since my alpha package is a freelancer MIS

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Melted my 300i foolishly because I thought a sale meant an actual sale. Nope.

Ended up buying a cutlass black, a pistol, and an aurora LX standalone to CCU into a gladius.

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
I laughed in the face of danger and instead of internetspaceships I bough a real life jacket and some cool beer glasses.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I managed to only spend about 150 bucks on the sale I think, I did a lot of ship juggling/melting to get most of the sale ships (sorry catapiller)

I wanted the gladiator for hanger and AC, retaliator so I have something to run around in, all I have in my hanger now is a freelancer MIS and Aurora MR.

I like the idea/features/big ship that the carrack is, and the end of the sale is coming but I think I will be passing on it, or so I tell my self since I will have to buy back the ships I melted through Congige

Forgot your password?