Annual Kotaku hit piece

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
This is an archived link, don't go to the original.

Better yet, don't even bother reading it, it really says nothing, and it will be 2min of your life you will never get back.

Just wanted to make sure somebody pointed you to the archived link, so they didn't get the hits...

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Man, that Lucky Flunker guy seriously couldn't keep the article together for even two consecutive paragraphs.
This isn't even "Old man shouting at clouds," this is "Old man figuring out why clouds make him so mad or was it glad well anyways one time clouds."

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Dr Manhatten reference. Cute, unoriginal, and doesn't tell us anything.

These are the musings of some random dude, an op-ed piece if you will. Gaming Journalism at it's finest I suppose....true to form for Kotaku.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Dr Manhatten reference. Cute, unoriginal, and doesn't tell us anything.
Well count me as *Swoosh*.

I thought this article was just a case of the editor being on holiday and this is how all of their journalism arrives before they wave the sensible stick at it.

Last edited:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Well count me as *Swoosh*.

I just thought the editor was on holiday and this is how all articles arrive before they wave the sensible stick at them.
Nah. He's copying the monologue style of Dr Manhatten in both the original Watchmen graphic novel, film, and TV series.

Dude's apparently a fan. He wrote a book about Cosplay with Silk Spectre on the book cover.

All good though...I'm not one to point out somebody else's interests. Glass houses and all that.

Anyway, this doesn't ignore the fact that he's pulling an Ernest Cline (Ready Player One). That is to say his article only makes sense if you're acquainted to the pop culture he's referring to. Otherwise it's just man child nerd gibberish.

All this just reinforces the notion that Kotaku is well....not very good.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Nah. He's copying the monologue style of Dr Manhatten in both the original Watchmen graphic novel, film, and TV series.

Dude's apparently a fan. He wrote a book about Cosplay with Silk Spectre on the book cover.

All good though...I'm not one to point out somebody else's interests. Glass houses and all that.

Anyway, this doesn't ignore the fact that he's pulling an Ernest Cline (Ready Player One). That is to say his article only makes sense if you're acquainted to the pop culture he's referring to. Otherwise it's just man child nerd gibberish.

I read 2000AD so am familiar with some of the works of Alan Moore, they are absolutely sublime. I haven't checked out his stuff outside of the British Comic though, however do know this - Moore has gone on record as saying he sets out to make his works in the Graphic Novel genre not to be able to be ported over and adapted to any other medium, due to the comic books unique way of conveying its content...

...I think this article very much proves that.

Well, he threw the first stone and furthermore got paid for doing so - think of it as sweet charity to lob one back Gratis ;-)

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD

Ohh, so that's what it was. I can confirm that if you don't get the reference, he just comes off as senile.

Forgot your password?