Another big youtuber Jayvee discovers Star Citizen

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I watched his video when it came out, and I was very pleasantly surprised that he gave it the most fair chance you can ask for. His criticism are absolutely legit, no talks of "it's a scam", "pay to win" or any of the usual clickbait bs. He takes the game at face value and plays it the best he can. It's pretty entertaining to watch.

CIG does need to take notes from vids like this cos I've had to spend countless hours explaining to my now-backer friends how to buy into the game, what ships are actually useful for what kind of gameplay and what all the crap means when they try to "just buy the damn game". It's utterly confusing even for those that try to look into it in depth.

BTW my latest recruit had a transaction problem trying to pay for a game package with some preloaded "creditcard" (it's one of the most popular ones, can't remember the name though). It took him 3 days to get the pack, money gone than refunded than it succeeded.. it was weird.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think it is still too early to do a high quality tutorial vid on how to start the game, but when Beta approaches, I think it would be great to gather the best minds here and deliberately design 3, 1/2-hour vids that explain everything a new player needs to know about how to start and have fun from your first moments.

I'm unconvinced it is ever necessary to do a box mission. I doubt anyone actually needs to buy any weapons or ammo. Put someone on the right path so they can earn arms and armor, sell it for upgrades, and what to do to earn their first ship upgrade, and you'll have a friend for life. Sprinkle in lessons on a dozen subjects like removing a crimestat, eating and drinking, even just as we saw, navigating the first moments without further help would be great. At the end of 90 minutes of vid give them a special access code to use on Discord to meet people. It's the kind of thing that could cause TEST to go from 25,000 to 250,000 in a couple months, and that would be astonishing.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
I think it is still too early to do a high quality tutorial vid on how to start the game, but when Beta approaches, I think it would be great to gather the best minds here and deliberately design 3, 1/2-hour vids that explain everything a new player needs to know about how to start and have fun from your first moments.

I'm unconvinced it is ever necessary to do a box mission. I doubt anyone actually needs to buy any weapons or ammo. Put someone on the right path so they can earn arms and armor, sell it for upgrades, and what to do to earn their first ship upgrade, and you'll have a friend for life. Sprinkle in lessons on a dozen subjects like removing a crimestat, eating and drinking, even just as we saw, navigating the first moments without further help would be great. At the end of 90 minutes of vid give them a special access code to use on Discord to meet people. It's the kind of thing that could cause TEST to go from 25,000 to 250,000 in a couple months, and that would be astonishing.

This is something I actually want to work on, just make some quick shorts about each profession, or how to do basics in game from waking up and leaving a city.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I remember back when the RSI website was confusing. It was yesterday.
Ha! good one!

I'm guessing you haven't been at their website today, then? ha ha

Not to be one of those "Debbie-downer" types, but, CIG always raves about Turbulent, and their websites, and how they bought the company to build up the planetary systems using CIG's tools, and based on my experiences with the CIG website...I'm more than a little concerned.

minor_accident

Captain
Mar 25, 2022
RSI Handle
minor_accident
I agree, however I still recommend a couple of days of box runs for new players to feel out flying, landing, and takeoffs. Plus course setting and map/mobiglass manipulation.

But, then they could be like my 15yo who joined last weekend during the current free fly. First ship he wanted to try was the MSR, 0 crashes so far. Then he revived me in the bunker we ran after I got myself schwacked. Apparently, he's talented with internet pixels.

Sadebreth

Captain
Jul 3, 2022
RSI Handle
Sadebreth
How he started is pretty much how I started. I was always afraid to ask questions in game because I watch some people get torched for doing it. I figured everything out myself by watch youtube videos and such on how to do different things. It actually took me about 4 hours just to figure out where and how to spawn my ship. lol

Forgot your password?