Anvil Hurricane sneak peek!

Trick Shot Bob

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Trick_Shot_Bob
I would have prefered them to go with a smaller Salvager rather than yet another fighter, at the end of the day it will sell and by looking at the art work most of the assets to make this are already developed.

Come on CIG, let's start showing more of the non combat variants, I know you're building them.....show me your secrets!!

Reactions: Blind Owl

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I would have prefered them to go with a smaller Salvager rather than yet another fighter, at the end of the day it will sell and by looking at the art work most of the assets to make this are already developed.

Come on CIG, let's start showing more of the non combat variants, I know you're building them.....show me your secrets!!
One reason to prioritize fighters at this stage is balancing.

Ships for other careers don't need to be balanced with one another the same way.

Combat ships need to balance so that owning a particular ship isn't an automatic 'I win.' That balancing takes time.

Another factor is the related gameplay. What good is a flight-ready salvage or mining ship if the salvage and mining mechanics haven't been implemented yet?

Trick Shot Bob

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Trick_Shot_Bob
I can see where you're going, however I'd like to counter by arguing that we'll need the mini PU to progress past 3.0 before combat ships start to be effectively balanced. CIG have stated that ships will be balance on their and performance in the PU not arena commander, balancing at this point is mostly Moot.

We already have a number of non combat focused ships in game, Starfarer, Caterpillar & Herald ect, these have been well received and have helped engage backers who may not be combat focused.

The real strength of this game is the potential depth and sheer scale of what may be possible in the final product, I'd like CIG to show that in the types on concept ships they release, toting out yet another fighter seems like they're playing it safe to ensure it sells well.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
My initial questions are about removing that turret and putting a fixed gun.

Turns out that is a S7 slot.

There is no S7 weapon that can fit on this fighter, those are capital ship weapons.

Then we have CIG Reaverboar saying "You won't be able to attach a fixed gun to this hardpoint unless we make an item to allow you to attach a fixed gun to this hardpoint. I will not be advocating in favor of making that item. :D"

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
One reason to prioritize fighters at this stage is balancing.

Ships for other careers don't need to be balanced with one another the same way.

Combat ships need to balance so that owning a particular ship isn't an automatic 'I win.' That balancing takes time.

Another factor is the related gameplay. What good is a flight-ready salvage or mining ship if the salvage and mining mechanics haven't been implemented yet?
I have to disagree on that...

The individual performance of fighters is close to insignificant on the overall picture, it's just that right now FM and what not are balanced for Arena Commander only (and even then badly), but you'd never have such artificially balanced encounters in the PU.

There is no S7 weapon that can fit on this fighter, those are capital ship weapons.

Then we have CIG Reaverboar saying "You won't be able to attach a fixed gun to this hardpoint unless we make an item to allow you to attach a fixed gun to this hardpoint. I will not be advocating in favor of making that item. :smile:"
Where did you get the info that it's a S7 Slot?

In any case, I would absolutely not recommend this Ship to anyone who's not just buying it "because he can" or who has no plans on CCUing to something else eventually. The Design as-is seems way off from what you'd usually want in the PU.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
Not that I know who reaverboar is, but I'm reasonably sure they make it 2 S4 Hardpoints as in the stats, rather than having both nose-guns on one Hardpoint. I mean... it would be quite obvious what people would do with that and a Nose gun about as long as the Ship would look kinda broken.^^

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek

Then we have CIG Reaverboar saying "You won't be able to attach a fixed gun to this hardpoint unless we make an item to allow you to attach a fixed gun to this hardpoint. I will not be advocating in favor of making that item. :smile:"
An S7 on this ship would be a nice space break. Every time you fire there is a sudden stop.

I'm really thinking about melting my SH to get this one. I however don't plan to use a fighter much in the PU any way.

Aleph0Null

Grand Admiral
Apr 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Aleph0Null
S7 on such small spacecraft, Think of it tactically. you encounter enemy's org Idris midway in noman's space, while the heavy ships doing the heavy lifting, 1-2 Hurricanes and bunch of Aurorea's sneak pass it's defenses, the auroera's sucker punch the engines, and the hurricanes unleash their power on the bridge, making turmoil. the fight was won thanks to the brave hurricanes pilots, let's greet them with beer.

Marcel Busse

Space Marshal
Sep 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Warhawk_29
it has a quad turret. best ship ever :smile: cause i want to rebuy now an occulus rift and use it with star citizen. ist an incredible experience :smile:

edit: damn it Needs a gunner?, i got a ccu token for my sabre for it. i hope it Needs not presumeably a gunner.

edit2: s3 manned turret? so quad s1 or s2?

Last edited:

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
S7 on such small spacecraft, Think of it tactically. you encounter enemy's org Idris midway in noman's space, while the heavy ships doing the heavy lifting, 1-2 Hurricanes and bunch of Aurorea's sneak pass it's defenses, the auroera's sucker punch the engines, and the hurricanes unleash their power on the bridge, making turmoil. the fight was won thanks to the brave hurricanes pilots, let's greet them with beer.
You'd most likely need dozens if not hundreds of Aurora for something like a Idris, since the thing will have Powerplants as big as a House.

We don't have anything solid on the Idris Armor etc. but iirc they said you would engage a Idris with multiple Polaris... and looking at that thing's Torpedoes...

it has a quad turret. best ship ever :smile: cause i want to rebuy now an occulus rift and use it with star citizen. ist an incredible experience :smile:

edit: damn it Needs a gunner?, i got a ccu token for my sabre for it. i hope it Needs not presumeably a gunner.

edit2: s3 manned turret? so quad s1 or s2?
Quad S3.

Forgot your password?