Anvil Hurricane will have a price bump post 3.18

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Sorry for making another thread about the sale, but that's some Title-level information.

Here's the intel.

So go leverage your store credits. :like:

Last edited:

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
So go leverage your store credits. :like:
Will be doing that, although the Vanguard has been my go-to heavy fighter. Didn't see it mentioned in the post, but have they posted elsewhere what it is going up to?

Reactions: FZD and Drowez

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
It's probably also worth noting there's a Warbond CCU available for the Hurricane at the moment, as well, with can "save" $10 from the pre 3.18 price increase (adding more savings, unless it's linked to another CCU fro the Hurricane, where the total savings should remain unchanged).

Best option for WB CCU is from the F7C-M Super Hornet ($5 CCU).

Edit: Sadly, I appear to have a number of CCU's (from Hurricane to various ships) which are going to lose value (ranging from a $10 up to $35 "savings", all WB, purchased in past 12 months...): It seems you CAN lose money in the CCU game (Not complaining, as it may stil be possible to utilise these to get savings, even if the CCU becomes "negative" value, through careful chaining).

Last edited:

Drowez

Captain
Jan 8, 2023
RSI Handle
Drowez
It's probably also worth noting there's a Warbond CCU available for the Hurricane at the moment, as well, with can "save" $10 from the pre 3.18 price increase (adding more savings, unless it's linked to another CCU fro the Hurricane, where the total savings should remain unchanged).

Best option for WB CCU is from the F7C-M Super Hornet ($5 CCU).

Edit: Sadly, I appear to have a number of CCU's (from Hurricane to various ships) which are going to lose value (ranging from a $10 up to $35 "savings", all WB, purchased in past 12 months...): It seems you CAN lose money in the CCU game (Not complaining, as it may stil be possible to utilise these to get savings, even if the CCU becomes "negative" value, through careful chaining).
Yeah the waiting game on the CCU chains....Gotta love em

Reactions: FZD

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
For the CCU fans:
CCU TypeCCU priceCheapest optionMinimum costSaving
Hurricane (Credit)195$190 (Permanent) Constellation Taurus$5 PermanentHurricane price increase
Hurricane (Warbond)185$180 (Limited) F7C-M Super Hornet
$155 (Permanent) Prospector
$5 Limited
$30 Permanent
$10 + Hurricane price increase

Of note (This is in no way a recommendation on what is best for individual chains - For example, your existing ships, CCU's, and the amount the Hurricane jumps in price will have an impact on the best option for you to choose):
Last Invictus (2022) there were WB CCU's to the Constellation Taurus, so non-warbond CCU's (either using credit or cash) from it to the Hurricane have the potential to be a more appropriate option than the discounted warbond ones for the Hurricane. If you also picked up the Defender Warbond CCU's (using the Hurricane as the ship being upgraded) at Alien week, this "Constellation Taurus to Hurricane" non-warbond CCU would potentially be even more useful.
Alternatively, the Warbond CCU on offer should work very nicely with the F7C-M Super Hornet Warbond CCU's from IAE last year (2022) - I may now end up regretting not grabing any of them at the time.

Reactions: Drowez and FZD

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
When is the sale ending?
As the sale is connected with the "Siege of Orison" event, it will probably run until at least the end of the event (January 30th at 20:00 UTC, according to the Spectrum post).

Edit: Correction - The ship is part of the "Lunar New Year" event, so is available until February 6 (although timezone and finish time are unfortunately not supplied).

Last edited:
Reactions: Drowez and FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Will be doing that, although the Vanguard has been my go-to heavy fighter. Didn't see it mentioned in the post, but have they posted elsewhere what it is going up to?
Afaik they've not stated it.
I've got like 5 different theories:
1. It'll go up by $5 and this is just a marketing scam scheme.
2. It'll go up by $10, since the WB discount is usually also $10
3. It'll go up by $25 so as to not create another anchor point between $200 and $220 (so when ships above $220 go on sale, you still won't get away with a $5 CCUs)
4. It'll go up by $45 to match Scorpius, which is a very similar ship. (Same shields, same turret, pilots got 4x s3 vs 2x s4)
5. Chris and Jared got drunk one night while making executive decisions about ship design with a d20. Chris rolled a natural 20, so now they're remaking it into a capital ship and it'll go up by $505.

Personally, I would temper my expectations, but whatever it's gonna be, that $10 WB discount combines with it very nicely.
I mean, I wouldn't go crazy with it or anything, but then again I already happen to have quite a few WB F7C-M Super Hornet to Hurricane CCUs.

EDIT: I just checked my CCU chains, and if it got bumped to match Scorpius, I would have absolutely no gains whatsoever (since I'd have to pay pay $20 for a new Hurricane -> Mercury Star Runner CCUs, and even if I waited for the next IAE and MSR got a WB CCU, the discount would probably be exactly $20 so I still wouldn't get it.)
With my luck, that's exactly what is going to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drowez and Pistol

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
As the sale is connected with the "Siege of Orison" event, it will probably run until at least the end of the event (January 30th at 20:00 UTC, according to the Spectrum post).

Edit: Correction - The ship is part of the "Lunar New Year" event, so is available until February 6 (although timezone and finish time are unfortunately not supplied).
Thank you good sir

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This thing is pretty close to Scorpius performance right?

its been a while since I flew it.

Lemming

Vice Admiral
Apr 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Anotherlemming
Afaik they've not stated it.
I've got like 5 different theories:
1. It'll go up by $5 and this is just a marketing scam scheme.
2. It'll go up by $10, since the WB discount is usually also $10
3. It'll go up by $25 so as to not create another anchor point between $200 and $220 (so when ships above $220 go on sale, you still won't get away with a $5 CCUs)
4. It'll go up by $45 to match Scorpius, which is a very similar ship. (Same shields, same turret, pilots got 4x s3 vs 2x s4)
5. Chris and Jared got drunk one night while making executive decisions about ship design with a d20. Chris rolled a natural 20, so now they're remaking it into a capital ship and it'll go up by $505.

Personally, I would temper my expectations, but whatever it's gonna be, that $10 WB discount combines with it very nicely.
I mean, I wouldn't go crazy with it or anything, but then again I already happen to have quite a few WB F7C-M Super Hornet to Hurricane CCUs.

EDIT: I just checked my CCU chains, and if it got bumped to match Scorpius, I would have absolutely no gains whatsoever (since I'd have to pay pay $20 for a new Hurricane -> Mercury Star Runner CCUs, and even if I waited for the next IAE and MSR got a WB CCU, the discount would probably be exactly $20 so I still wouldn't get it.)
With my luck, that's exactly what is going to happen.
Increase ~10% or $20 to 215 seems possible to create a new 215 anchor(rip old corsair price)
Increase ~20% or $35 to 230 seems possible to fill the gap that is at 230

Drowez

Captain
Jan 8, 2023
RSI Handle
Drowez
Throwing a guess out there.....$205-210

Forgot your password?