Anybody experiencing technical issues with this forum?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
A few months back we switched to a different CDN, some images and links were broken for a day or two, but then returned to normal.

However, I am aware of a few individuals still having trouble seeing some images or clicking on some links.

If you are having any of these issues, please let us know by taking a screenshot, tell us what browser, OS and any possible ad blockers or antivirus you may be running.

Then gift me your Idris.

That last part is unrelated.

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
Well for a few weeks now the forum is slower than before. A very extreme case is loading the alerts by hovering over the flag-symbol. It takes ~20s while before it took about 1 sec. or less. Not sure if related.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
For me, in chrome (it's updated) for the last month or so or more, weird javascript and image hosting related issues have been happening. I turn off all add blocks and turn off all tracking blocker addons I use, for this domain. I believe I've tried in firefox too last month and didn't work.
Here's the issues I've experience or still experience:
#1 Images break and give broken link default icon. not a big deal since I've seen all your avatars by now.
#2 Multiquote button bugs out on me when the images start to bug out on me.
What happens is I click the quote button, and instead of getting the white banner letting me know I qued a multiquote, I get a quick outline of the banner and it goes away. Then when clicking "insert quotes" it doesn't do anything. The way I've been getting around this is just clicking the reply button.
#3 Sometimes the reply field completely disappears for me, eg

#4 And the most annoying one, I'll go to the rock raiders group wall, and type in the box field thingy.. press enter.. and it just makes a new line, it won't actually post my response. Since there's no "post" button, I then just click the like buttons to at least interact to let others know I've read it and support it. eg

Oh, just noticed, see the image issue above? Whenever there's an image issue, other stuff breaks.

Right this moment, everything seems working. Also I don't have malware or any software or connection issues to note. I'm on windows 10 x64 pro newest updates, and specifically using ghostery, AdBlock, and Pop up blocker for chrome, and Quick javascript switcher but I disable them all for this domain. I'm in Nevada USA region, so may be isolated issue with whatever server your CDN decides to use for my region. Would make sense if this is a CDN related issue and a JS file wasn't getting loaded.
Next time it happens I'll inspect/check console to see if there's any error reports that could be helpful. I kept forgetting to do that until after the fact lol.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I did have an issue with the forum where I could not upload ANYTHING and so had to link to tonnes of Youchoob videos rather than put GIFs on, however that was fixed by FireFox updating to version 57 - It just worked again. Using Ubuntu.

I'd like it noted I don't use Ubuntu because I know what I'm doing, I'm using it because my laptop is so old windows no longer works on it while Ubuntu does.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I am unable to start a thread. Now, I thought it was because I'm too dimb to figure out how to do it properly, then I started to wonder if someone specifically turned me off. Then, I decided to shelve it and not find out because it might make me sad and I'd rather be happy and shitposting on other people's threads, anyway. So, I guess everything is hunky dory.

Forgot your password?