Anybody planning on buying an 890J soon?

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Looking at the info on how it burns fuel, I would pass. I have a starliner for transport; without hard data on how the ship can make money or what it’s demonstratively better at, I can’t justify 1,000 USD. With the GST that CIG charges us Australians it’s a $1,650 AUD burn for ... bling?
It's bling, nothing more.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I was actually saving for an endeavor master set for this years sale but I may push that back until next year if the 890J seems like something I'd want to buy instead. Since science type stuff hasn't been addressed yet they'll likely still have the master set for purchase with LTI in 2020 also right?

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I agree completely that the endeavor would probably give much more when it comes to gameplay. I sort of wanted to have a luxury ship in my fleet though, so far the closest I have is a 300i. I was thinking of adding either the 890j or the 600i depending on how they feel in comparison to each other. I'm definitely getting the endeavor master set, just trying to figure out if I should delay it a year

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Well, based on the latest vid, I went ahead & made the swap of my 600i bundle for the 2018 Anniversary 890J
I'm almost there as well the 600 is such a disappointment at this point in time. But the 890J is just such a large ship that I am not sure it has a role in my fleet.

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm almost there as well the 600 is such a disappointment at this point in time. But the 890J is just such a large ship that I am not sure it has a role in my fleet.
I'm thinking that it would make a rather glorious & enjoyable space Winnebago, even if the cost of operation would be rather expensive.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I'm thinking that it would make a rather glorious & enjoyable space Winnebago, even if the cost of operation would be rather expensive.

There is that. But for me, there is the long walk from the bridge to the ground. The long walk from the elevator to the outpost to pick up the package if you can even land sort of close. It might be better to just take the ground elevator down with your bike.

We still have no clue how many stations you'll be able to dock with or if you'll always just have to use the runabout to go from the ship to the station.

In the end, I feel like the missions will simply be akin to Hull Cargo transport and instead of boxes it will be VIP's.

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I wasn't referring to doing missions in this flying palace. I was meaning to use it for personal relaxation adventures.

Reactions: Bambooza

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
This pig is slow, yaw speed is horrible and overshoots, pitch is goofy, it moves like a slug through molases, has laughable weapons and defense, and is a waste of literal space, it has an entire deck devoted to a sauna, pool, hot tubs, night club. . . . . nightclub . . .. with a full bar!? God I hope my wife doesn't check the bank account.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I wasn't referring to doing missions in this flying palace. I was meaning to use it for personal relaxation adventures.
Ah. Well indeed go for it. As for me, I'll be hailing a taxi ride over to @Wolfy's to watch the world turn while enjoying some refreshments. After all, that ship looks like its bar comes well stock and that decked out kitchen looks perfect for cooking up some tasty snacks.

• Glorious

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
There is that. But for me, there is the long walk from the bridge to the ground. The long walk from the elevator to the outpost to pick up the package if you can even land sort of close. It might be better to just take the ground elevator down with your bike.

We still have no clue how many stations you'll be able to dock with or if you'll always just have to use the runabout to go from the ship to the station.

In the end, I feel like the missions will simply be akin to Hull Cargo transport and instead of boxes it will be VIP's.
If you are picking up boxes in this thing, leave the mother ship in orbit and scoot down to the surface in your 315p. How far is it from the bridge to the hangar?

• o7

Jangmo

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Jangmo
Just built a new PC, so unless you can CCU (fat chance) I will probably have to pass.. ship is amazing however... Somewhat salty now with my 600i in comparison.. maybe ill still own it when they decide to do the update pass they mentioned.

• o7

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Are there things to do or placeholders for things to do on the 890J that would make it worth it? If it probably wouldn't have a specific use like other ships other than VIP transport I might still consider getting one if it had doodads and gizmos to play with on board that would keep me occupied if I didn't feel like doing anything specific in the game.

• o7
Forgot your password?