Anyone catch this on ISC? 2

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
They showed this a couple of years ago. I was hoping they forgot about it.

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
maybe more like a bowcaster from star wars though? it could be laser instead of a bolt.
The Crossbow was a cross promotional item for SQ42 back when Richard Garriott (of Ultima fame) released his game Shrouds of the Avatar. They got a Vanduul influenced spear with the SC logo on it.

LurchLord

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2016
RSI Handle
LurchLord
The Crossbow was a cross promotional item for SQ42 back when Richard Garriott (of Ultima fame) released his game Shrouds of the Avatar. They got a Vanduul influenced spear with the SC logo on it.
In other words:
I am still owed that crossbow, and I have not forgotten about it.

It's one of the many things that has soured me on CIG. Typical cycle of endless delay, no communication and broken promises.

SotA was developed, released, it failed as a game (was not well made mechanically), sold to some publisher, went free to play and is, by now, mostly a forgotten failure of gaming.

In the meantime, CIG has still not even managed to deliver the promised crossbow. A simple Item.
Moreover, they quietly never mentioned it again. By now I fully expect them to have no intention of honoring their promise.

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
In other words:
I am still owed that crossbow, and I have not forgotten about it.

It's one of the many things that has soured me on CIG. Typical cycle of endless delay, no communication and broken promises.

SotA was developed, released, it failed as a game (was not well made mechanically), sold to some publisher, went free to play and is, by now, mostly a forgotten failure of gaming.

In the meantime, CIG has still not even managed to deliver the promised crossbow. A simple Item.
Moreover, they quietly never mentioned it again. By now I fully expect them to have no intention of honoring their promise.
Actually they've mentioned it a couple of times, that pic being the last one being it's last build render.

But mind you, I don't give a shit about the rhetorical hate of a game people continue to play, then go back to public displays of let's rage out only to play more... ad nauseum. Save it for Reddit.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My fingers are crossed its the Pet Rock which in addition to being ideal low maintenance company for a lonely spacefarer can also be used as a blunt object to bludgeon foes with.

Or the TWRL TP-20,000 toilet paper gun, of course! That'd be rad!

Last edited:
Reactions: Garonman
Forgot your password?