Anyone else disappointed with BFV?

Croswell

Space Marshal
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Croswell
As with anything, people only get better with practice! There will be a single player campaign sort of thing in the full release, as well as some sort of coop option.

Reactions: Ammorn

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I don't know why people were getting so salty about the cover, I asked my dad about WWII and he said that when he served in the Third Infantry Division in 1944 in France, his unit had loads of hot chicks with all sorts of prosthetic limbs and he personally shot dozens of black, female nazis with his BAR. To think otherwise is uneducated.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
I don't know why people were getting so salty about the cover, I asked my dad about WWII and he said that when he served in the Third Infantry Division in 1944 in France, his unit had loads of hot chicks with all sorts of prosthetic limbs and he personally shot dozens of black, female nazis with his BAR. To think otherwise is uneducated.
Exactly. I asked some older guy I knew, he said that was definitely the way it was.

Well, I didn't mind it. It was fun, sure, but for a bad FPS player like me, the ridiculously high ttk kinda made it suck. It's like a quick burst, and poof, done.

But I did like the limited ammo. Very limited ammo. Feels like I'm out of ammo every two minutes. Makes me want to use semi-auto instead of full-auto.

What I didn't like - yeah, the whole made-up women in theaters they had nothing to do with. Default scout skin is a hot Asian lady. Feels like Overwatch when you spawn in and hear some bouncy British accent going "CHEERS, LOVE!".

Also ruins the immersion. Not like it's Russia or resistance fighters, like they did with BF1.

But hey! This is, uhm, a major achievement for gaming companies! Rewriting history! Ignoring the fanba- ahem, racist, sexist bastards who think that women actually didn't fight on the front lines with the US/UK.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I'll be giving it a miss.

Reactions: Ammorn and Bambooza

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
i miss BF2142. Most balanced and interesting BF ever created.
Ya 2142 is on the top of my nestalgia list. What I find sad is if they just took the game play elements from Battlefield 1942 and updated the graphics, added some of the cover mechanics and destructive terrain they would have an instant hit. After all how can you beat this intro?

It is interesting to see the evolution of Battlefield.

Last edited:

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
If you are "woke sjw" corparation, and you have terrible product as well, it's just to much.

Even AngryJoe can't defend them anymore.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl55Dq0o36E
This is historically accurate btw.

View attachment 10463

Yeah, Battlefield has slowly died and gone the way of COD. Press F to pay respects. To add insult to injury, they've thrown SJW politics in and insulted us when we said we didn't like it. If I get BF5 it will be after it's been out a long time and they've fixed things and listened to their fans.

Reactions: Bambooza

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh
Yeah, Battlefield has slowly died and gone the way of COD. Press F to pay respects. To add insult to injury, they've thrown SJW politics in and insulted us when we said we didn't like it. If I get BF5 it will be after it's been out a long time and they've fixed things and listened to their fans.
To be fair, COD is actually trying to innovate, or try something new.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLUeHOi7coQ

Reactions: Bambooza and Ammorn

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
To be fair, COD is actually trying to innovate, or try something new.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLUeHOi7coQ
Wow, they're cashing in on the battle royal trend. That's not what I meant by going the way of COD. The trend of COD had been small maps with a run and gun arena shooter style. Battlefield had large maps with a focus on cooperative teamplay with a focus on vehicles in maps while not sacrificing infantry play. It was between a shooter and a milsim. They've slowly started to focus more on infantry close to medium range combat and made vehicles easier to destroy with 1 infantryman and so forth. They're also dumbing down things in other ways for more casual players, like adding scope glint to make it easier to spot snipers, and pretty much all rounds look like tracers to make it easier to spot were people are shooting from. You could use a little common sense or learn from experience to tell were people were likely shooting from. What they could do is add realistic rifle reports that varied with range along with the super sonic pop of bullets to give you an idea of direction and range if you counted the time between bullet pop and report.

Reactions: Bambooza

SweetDee

Vice Admiral
Jan 7, 2017
RSI Handle
SweetDee
I stopped with Battlefield a couple weeks into BF1.

Good times, but its not really a community I chose to hang with.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Not hyped about BFV at all (and have 2 billion hours played across all Battlefields) but I did enjoy CoD Blackout a lot, go figure.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I loved conquest with the large ships as the final objective. To bad moving them often crashed the server.

Forgot your password?