Anyone else keeping an eye on Chronicles of Elyria?

WhooptyWoo

Admiral
Donor
Jul 18, 2014
RSI Handle
WhooptyWoo
But I believe a spark/life is only $30. If it does last about a year then that would be much cheaper than other MMO's that cost $10-$15 a month to play.

Reactions: WarrenPeace

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Very true. It's not a turn off; I've already put in a pledge for the game :)

dethos

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jan 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Helphyre
I have pledged 100 dollars it sound cool...missed the podcast tonight...i hope it is good

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I have pledged 100 dollars it sound cool...missed the podcast tonight...i hope it is good
I thought about doing the $100 tier, most bang for your buck.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
I went for the basic game pledge. I thought about the higher ones but the disclaimer that your mount can be lost or killed decided me against that. It's almost certain that if I play the game to its fullest then I will be killed, mugged, and generally stripped of all of my goods many times.

I am sure that there will be a thriving market in 'pre-loved' mounts, so I will pick one up there. After all, unlike a spaceship they cannot exactly be lojacked ;)

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
The part that got me was you can make a contract for someone to deliver something to you and then put on a mask and go kill/rob them on the road, thus making fulfillment of contract impossible and receiving the punitive reward from them too!

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
The part that got me was you can make a contract for someone to deliver something to you and then put on a mask and go kill/rob them on the road, thus making fulfillment of contract impossible and receiving the punitive reward from them too!
Sounds like another day in EVE :)

I love this real-world mechanism, it's this kind of thing that will make or break the game.

Did you see today's daily email update? 75% of funding achieved. They make some very relevant comments about stretch goals, and the importance of setting stretch rewards versus committing to features if the game is going to be brought out within the scheduled time frame. The project does appear to be making good decisions (lessons learned from other name-not-to-be-mentioned kickstarters no doubt), which gives me even more faith that we will see exciting things from it.

Last edited:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
The project does appear to be making good decisions (lessons learned from other name-not-to-be-mentioned kickstarters no doubt),
I don't follow... :D

I have yet to back, but I have it on my radar.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I just pledged at the $90 (100) tier. Although I may back out. Not sure if I'll have time for it and SC, not to mention I want to go back to school and already work 50-70 hours a week.

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
I am in for the Bloodline package ... highly, highly tempted to spring for the Baron ... then I could have some of you as my vassals :)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I am in for the Bloodline package ... highly, highly tempted to spring for the Baron ... then I could have some of you as my vassals :)
I may go for Merchant, but the Founder is fine for now. I may play it along with SC so I don't burn out. Sometimes that happens in games. It's why I haven't logged in SC for a while now, preempting my burnout.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I got a little lucky with someone backing out of, or upgrading from, the $175 Ursaphant Rider Tier. So I'll have that which comes with the Merchant tier stuff as well! I plan on being a traveling merchant that goes from town to town, but is actually an assassin! Always wanted one of these and SC doesn't really have that, or at least I don't want that type of character in it.

They have a whole section on multiple identities and it's an awesome read:
http://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/969-DJ-12-Identity-Disguises-and-Reputation

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I thought it just sounded fun to be a mailman. Work on speed and endurance skills, run from all the things!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I backed as a Baron ($250). Couldn't justify the bump up to $350 and missed out on the early backer of the previous tier. The upgraded mount looks neat too.
I almost want to do Baron or Duke level and assassinate my way up, but I don't want to tie too much money in it. Especially since I put so much into SC.

Although it's sounding more and more like the fantasy game I've dreamt about. Damn these amazing video game visionaries!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I backed as a Baron ($250). Couldn't justify the bump up to $350 and missed out on the early backer of the previous tier. The upgraded mount looks neat too.
If you check in periodically some people switch pledges and you can get the early backer ones. Two at $175 available right now.

I'm also going to change mine from that tier as well, so get with me if you want it and we can try to time it so you get it.

Forgot your password?