Anyone here familiar with the Med Board process for military?

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
My 1sgt and CO are super supportive. The have my back and i keep my nose clean, they know im not a shit bag. I have credentials as well to credit me as someone who does things right. The issue is the people making the decisions about this all outrank me and im trying my hardest not to be a burdern on the Company. We are at the extremely last line where I saw fuck it and it seems like shit is going to be sorted out, but the person fucking me is just going to claim misunderstanding and the PA doesn't really want to get involved in a messy situation so he will probably believe he didnt lie. In the end that what matters the most to me is having a fucking direction and path for once. Tomorrow I have an appointment to assess if im fit for duty or not and the will hopefully be the start of rectifying this situation. When I asked the PA about what the retention NCO said, he deflected because he didnt realize that dude fucked up and didnt want to throw him under the bus if it was a "misunderstanding". Retention NCO is useless, it wasn't.

What is really messed up is this shit is normal in the 82nd. This place is fucked beyond belief. I have had some awesome times here, but they do not out weight the sheer stupidity that goes on. It's not a whole 82nd issue either, but there is a lot of small pocket issues.

Reactions: Deroth and Bambooza

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Different country, different military, different situation but illustrates the same mindset. One of my kids joined the Navy and shortly after was charged with a property damage crime. The Navy wanted to prosecute the case instead of the civies. His NCOs and officers treated him like a criminal for months. He couldn't even get a good Military lawyer who didn't want him to plead Guilty. Only a civie lawyer. Then, at the preliminary hearing, the judge threw the charges out. I mean out, like off his desk. It was hilarious. He reamed the prosecution and the MPs for what felt like 30 minutes straight.
My son had hit a car. With his hand. Dented the front fender, pretty badly. All true.

But the owner of the car? My son. Was it paid off? Yep. Insured? Yep. Licensed properly? Yep. Did the MPs bother to check any of this? Nope. ... Oops.
That sounds like our NCIS. That stuff in the TV show was BS, if you wanted a screwed-up investigation, you called the NCIS.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I am o7 you guys in the military. I have no experience of it but I have a neighbour who is 50 and dealing with his military issues every day still. We try and help but it's difficult to know how to help.

You seem to me to have to sacrifice so much whilst serving and when you get out, with little or no support, its very difficult to deal with.

It makes me sad that you are having to deal with so much shit whilst still serving your country.

poppys.JPG

Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?