Anyone interested in helping test things? When 3.3.X is live I need a HH crew and attackers.

Camural

Commander
Oct 18, 2018
RSI Handle
Camural
I like the idea to just show up on Saturday and see if we can get a team together when 3.3.X is on live.

What size of ship? Anything up to and including Cutlass/Freelancer.
No gentleman-agreement, think you want to blow that pesky Hammerhead out of the sky.
Missile spam allowed but no size 9 torpedoes.

A good tactic for the attackers might be: stay at a distance strafe/evade and shoot at the big target at 2000ish meters.
Should be hard for the Hammerhead's turret to hit a small evading target at this distance.
Hammerhead is fully crewed.
Unfortunately there is no way for the captain to get good situational awareness (was one of my points in my "What's wrong with the Hammerhead video".
No holo-globe, 3rd map etc.

I would like to start with 4 attackers and if things are too easy for the Hammerhead, increase the number of attackers.
If the Hammerhead gets owned by 4 attackers, I would like to repeat it a few times.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Reactions: Deroth

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
This TESTing is a bit scientific for TESTies, that being said, I have fighters, a tali, and a hammerhead, if timezones work out id be interested

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
If enough people are available adding ships like the Caterpillar, Starfarer, and Reclaimer to the HH's Flight could make things a little more reflective of how they'd be used (at least until the server crashes.)

Reactions: SPRNinja

Cauac

Commander
Aug 8, 2018
RSI Handle
Cauac1
I like the idea to just show up on Saturday and see if we can get a team together when 3.3.X is on live.

What size of ship? Anything up to and including Cutlass/Freelancer.
No gentleman-agreement, think you want to blow that pesky Hammerhead out of the sky.
Missile spam allowed but no size 9 torpedoes.

A good tactic for the attackers might be: stay at a distance strafe/evade and shoot at the big target at 2000ish meters.
Should be hard for the Hammerhead's turret to hit a small evading target at this distance.
Hammerhead is fully crewed.
Unfortunately there is no way for the captain to get good situational awareness (was one of my points in my "What's wrong with the Hammerhead video".
No holo-globe, 3rd map etc.

I would like to start with 4 attackers and if things are too easy for the Hammerhead, increase the number of attackers.
If the Hammerhead gets owned by 4 attackers, I would like to repeat it a few times.
My 2 cents is: I would definitely leave the missiles out of the scenario, it's such a broken mechanic at the moment. Cpl patches ago we tested them and e.g. CS missiles were impossible to evade in open space after successful lock&launch, they would follow you until they catch you. Effectively this would turn combat between HH and fighters to the HH just needing to lock all it's missiles and spam them out and the battle would be done. At least unless the functionality of the missiles and chaff & flares have significantly changed in cpl of patches.

I would imagine a battle without the missiles would be much more rewarding for all parties involved, no EZ win button for either side.

Anyway, it's your scenario so you naturally run it as you like, just voicing my opinion here.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
My 2 cents is: I would definitely leave the missiles out of the scenario, it's such a broken mechanic at the moment. Cpl patches ago we tested them and e.g. CS missiles were impossible to evade in open space after successful lock&launch, they would follow you until they catch you. Effectively this would turn combat between HH and fighters to the HH just needing to lock all it's missiles and spam them out and the battle would be done. At least unless the functionality of the missiles and chaff & flares have significantly changed in cpl of patches.

I would imagine a battle without the missiles would be much more rewarding for all parties involved, no EZ win button for either side.

Anyway, it's your scenario so you naturally run it as you like, just voicing my opinion here.
That is when TEST Formation One (crash into the larger slower ship) comes into play.

Reactions: Cauac

Camural

Commander
Oct 18, 2018
RSI Handle
Camural

Nah, it's a good suggestion :)
I'm always open to good suggestions

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
My 2 cents is: I would definitely leave the missiles out of the scenario, it's such a broken mechanic at the moment.
The HH would get owned by just 4 small fighters without its missiles. It is fast enough to lunge at whoever gets in front of it and go all guns on that target, but to treat with multiple opponents at once at range it needs the missiles. S3 missiles should be hard to evade, so if the HH keeps launching and lunging, I doubt 4 fighters will last long.

If the gunners know to expect targets fore, and the pilot just steers after one target then the next, 4 fighters shouldn't last but a minute I think.

That's 20 S4 guns trained on each target. They're just gonna vanish one at a time, but you need the missiles for those smart enough to stay at distance.

I want to see vid of the missile launch station! That should be a real kick.

Reactions: marcsand2

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If I may make a suggestion, I think we may also learn a lot if you're able to pull the lasers off one turret and replace them with ballistics. Even if you have to settle for S4 guns, the BEHR C-788 ballistic cannons do about 50% more damage than the S5 BEHR M7A lasers, and all that damage goes straight to hull. If the stats on the damage page are right, a single hit from four ballistics ought to end any fighter. That's 4,200 damage straight to hull. I'd like to see what that does for sure.

Cauac

Commander
Aug 8, 2018
RSI Handle
Cauac1
The HH would get owned by just 4 small fighters without its missiles. It is fast enough to lunge at whoever gets in front of it and go all guns on that target, but to treat with multiple opponents at once at range it needs the missiles. S3 missiles should be hard to evade, so if the HH keeps launching and lunging, I doubt 4 fighters will last long.

If the gunners know to expect targets fore, and the pilot just steers after one target then the next, 4 fighters shouldn't last but a minute I think.

That's 20 S4 guns trained on each target. They're just gonna vanish one at a time, but you need the missiles for those smart enough to stay at distance.

I want to see vid of the missile launch station! That should be a real kick.

I believe you are right about the 4 fighters blasting through the HH in combat currently without missiles, depending heavily of course on the pilots in fighters and the turret crew and their organisation in the HH. Although the HH has had a significant boost to it's shields in the previous patches, personally I have not had any combat experience against HH after the shield buff.

The problem of including the missiles, if even only for the HH, is that it makes tactic of staying at range impossible for the fighter pilots. While the fighters are at range it's easy for the HH to lock the missiles and the fighters won't be able to evade them, it's quite likely there's imbalance in both ways to play the scenario; with missiles and without them. Therefore why not try both? 😁 Let's make things KaBoom! ⚡💥

P.S. the last I tested the HH, all of it's turret guns are S5, so changing from repeaters to any cannons it would be one hit and bye bye for the fighters.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I did just that with Gladius, it fits in nicely! 🍺👍
My plan eventually is to fly it into the gap and then shoot it from there - seems to be the safest place considering all those turrets.

Forgot your password?