Aquila, Mercury or Corsair?

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
It mainly comes down to the interior and exterior being boring af(the Phoenix being the best Constellation internally) and not having much utility outside of a cargo carrier/missile spammer.

Compare it to the Mercury which holds the same amount of cargo, does data running, can do data interception, smuggling, and is faster than the Constellation(as said in the brochure) you have an overall better ship but it sacrifices the extreme firepower of the Connie to do this. However it is more multirole in return.
That makes sense, I've pesonally never been a fan of the Connie based on it's design both inside and outside since it was announced buy my Nephew loved it. So hopefully he enjoys the ship until he decides to melt it and try something different.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I'm actually surprised now that I come to think of it but I haven't bought a single ship based on how it looks. I've only bought them for what I plan to do with them (or as future LTI upgrades). Now I need to look for a ship that I can just lounge around in.
The Mercury is the closest thing to the Millennium Falcon as we can get atm.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I'm actually surprised now that I come to think of it but I haven't bought a single ship based on how it looks. I've only bought them for what I plan to do with them (or as future LTI upgrades). Now I need to look for a ship that I can just lounge around in.

That's actually the thing right. Some of us are completely focused on function vs. form where some of us have a visual of our selves in this universe and how we would fit it. The Millenium Falcon was to be quite honest an ugly ship. It was a piece of junk to quote Luke Skywalker. But it captured our hearts and now it's an icon for all of us.

Taterhed

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 23, 2019
RSI Handle
Taterhed
I pulled the trigger on the Corsair, sober this time tho lol. The asymmetry bothers me but the more I look at it I think its growin on me. EDIT: Cud just be the $ tho, doubtful as the beer tends to break my giveadamn.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
As has been mentioned elsewhere the corsair has silly side turrets which will do nothing at all. The mercury is sort of under gunned unlike the millennium falcon it is hard to see it taking out any decent fighters the connie is just an old design and it shows. For someone wanting to own just one ship they are all more than adequate so picking on looks seems fine to me. The connie costs more because it has a snub and rover included.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The Mercury to me was the be-all end-all when it came to what I was looking for in a ship. So much so that when I was forced to liquidate my fleet, I was happy knowing that I was restarting with just her. She is fast, capable of data running and cargo capacity, and fits into the roles that I perceive myself doing in-game. And she's gorgeous.

For me, the speed, utility, and looks were all defining factors. She's my baby.

But I don't yet have an exploration vessel...

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Then I got a twofer when I picked up the mercury. I may need to start considering a luxury ship though. I could always justify it as a VIP people mover I suppose. What are the best mid range suggestions?
I only left the 600i out of this comparison because of the leap in price, but it is fair to compare it against these three. Just note it is literally twice as expensive. Also, I think people will be pleased at what a great ship the Carrack is to "lounge around in". We don't have numbers for it yet but my main concern is it is probably pretty slow.

Personally, since I want to be involved in killing things and taking their treasure, the ultimate lounge around vehicle is the Polaris. It's got a pool table and I play with friends every other Friday night. Pool table is enough for me. . .well. . .combined with all those friggin' big ass torps.
As has been mentioned elsewhere the corsair has silly side turrets which will do nothing at all.
I doubt that's true. While the pilot can't control them and they can't point dead ahead, they will come very close. There are actually some serious advantages to that gun placement. If you think about it they'll become obvious. For instance, if you have more than a single target ahead, you can engage them both/all at once. While most of us prefer to finish one target and move on to the next, engaging multiple targets is a great way to go since no one gets free spanks on you, and when you add S3 missiles to that you actually have some very serious capability. It's not all bad news just becasue the side turrets don't fire forward. They're much better placed than the turrets on the Connie or Mercury, IMHO.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
600iOrigin Jumpworks GmbH$435
Yep that's for sure twice as expensive as an Aquila at $310

The only ship it is twice as expensive as is the Corsair

Also the Carrack is twice as expensive as the Corsair at $400

The 600i is a luxury/touring/exploration ship so it will be pricier

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Wiki currently lists the 600i Explorer at $475.

The Carrack will no doubt go to $500 before or when it is released. All the big ships are getting bigger. The 890 Jump is $890. I guess that thought that was funny.

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
I linked the touring price, my bad. 600i explorer is $475 yeah, still not double the Aquila though.

I personally like the Carrack and someday might buy one after I buy some other ships that take priority on my list

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
The turrets have 2 size 2s each! The hammer head with much more flexibility in each turret has players not able to fight as they cannot get a fire arc for very long and the ship is designed not to rotate with its own forward guns as it doesn't have any. These will be useless against anything but huge or stationary targets. Sure the game play in 5 years might get there but not currently.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The Corsair side turrets are 2xS3 each. The front guns are 4XS4 gimballed, or 4XS5 fixed. That is a ton of firepower. If the Corsair rotates at a decent speed, it is going to be most deadly with fixed guns. If it is pokey, it will be a little less deadly with 4XS4 gimballed, but with the new gimbal assist, it is going to be nasty as all get-out. Way more power than anything short of an HH, and the pilot of the HH doesn't get guns at all.

I haven't done a careful check, but I think the Corsair is probably ruling pilot-owned DPS. What does more? I can't think of anything.

Forgot your password?