Are you using a Head Tracking device?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
View attachment 6948 This is what my Opentrack looks like. doesnt look the same as what is on that website.
I'm sorry for your trouble, I really am - but this gave me such a laugh; the coffee almost spit out of my nose :grin:
Hopefully, that you get rid of that trouble SOON :thumbsup:
As for myself, I'm having an eye on the headtracker. But this fine piece of hardware costs 170 Euro and I can't afford this money currently. Next year perhaps. Those headtracking devices are really useful stuff imho.:sunglasses:

Reactions: marcsand2

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Wow, just upgraded to TrackIR 5 pro which I got second-hand. What a difference. Plug and play and no hassle at all. <3

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
I first started using Free-Track-No-IR and had mixed success with it. Eventually I moved to EDTracker Pro because it was cheaper than Track IR 5 and I didn't have to mount anything to my desk/screen. I honestly love it. I have it attached to my head phones, it weighs nothing, and have the USB cord tied to my headphone line. I downloaded the ide to calibrate it, and I don't need to use and additional drivers. SC recognizes it as an axis. The con of ED Tracker va Track IR is that it's only 3 or 4 degrees of movement vs Track IRs 6, but that doesn't bother me at all. I've used 6 degrees of head movement with Free-Track-No-IR and a web cam and it was not something that I felt was worth the price of Track ir.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The advantage of the 6 DOF right now is in ships where your helmet blocks your view on the MFD or where the MFD is so small that you can't read it, actually bugs in the game at the moment. Move your head back, recenter TrackIR and sit normal again.

Matt W.

Commander
Jul 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Skadoosh86
I have all of the latest updated FTNOIR and OpenTrack with everything set up to my liking..... But still wont work on SC. Also running in admin. no go.... :(

Forgot your password?