Arena Commander Live Now !

Ploratio

Admiral
Apr 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Ploratio
And perfect timing too! I'm currently downloading, new GTX 770 waiting for me at the post office (I currently have GTX 460 and around 20 fps in hangar on low settings) and I won myself Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick in auction for ~2$ (+4$ shipping) yesterday, so I'm pumped! Too bad I have plans for this weekend, but I wouldn't be able to play multiplayer with my citizen # anyway.

Remaining 6+ hours at work will be a nightmare though... :(

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
seems like there is a loading screen bug :/

edit:

Last edited:

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
How I imagine everyone aboard the hype train was after it dropped.

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
So how are people finding it? Made time for two rounds of vanduul swarm before work. First time I struggled with my hotas setup (only worked out what was bound to targeting after wave 2). Second time I got to wave 6 before losing the rear 90% of my ship...

I have to say the controls in coupled mode are really lenient, makes for a smooth start to the learning curve.

Main issue for me is that as I have a lancer it gave me a hornet which is fun to fly, but it's my least favourite starting ship.

Oh also towel in now usable!!!

ShadyBrady

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
ShadyBrady
Grab the helmet that should be sitting on a pedestal near the aircraft. Get into the cockpit. With the helmet on in the cockpit, you'll get a HUD that lets you select which scenario you want to fly in.

h0und

Rear Admiral
Donor
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
h0und
:( Loading and then a blank screen, and then it crashes. Oh well, it was to be expected I suppose, this being software under heavy development.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Grab the helmet that should be sitting on a pedestal near the aircraft. Get into the cockpit. With the helmet on in the cockpit, you'll get a HUD that lets you select which scenario you want to fly in.
Damn. In the future, they really make you wear that bike helmet.

Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: ShadyBrady

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
It's great, or it could soon be. Would like the power to customize controls - that alone would increase the joy a whole lot. Apart from that I think it's a bit too dark. MMmm, yea could already talk a while about all the different bugs I've encountered, but for the feel; I wouldn't mind if the projectiles were way faster, and the speed-limit was upped a bit too :p

If it feels a bit slow, it's only gonna feel a whole lot slower once you've gotten used to it.

ShadyBrady

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
ShadyBrady
It feels pretty quick to myself. If you could imagine combat with these ships plus larger ships in support while having to watch out for any ghost ships that may flank your position I'm sure that you could get taken out very quickly by skilled pilots.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
mouse and keyboard feels a bit wobbly, but after some rounds it's ok. the 300i is a nice ship

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
At work. I hate you all. :P

I just hope my download didn't fail when I started it this morning.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I just left my installer running... going out to dinner with a friend who just got back from Australia for a few weeks, and then I may hop on and fail at hitting anything and getting lost in 3D space

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
I've been able to get in and play fine. It's more challenging than I anticipated. It would be nice to have more of a targeting vector than is currently supplied, and I found the pitch responsiveness in the 300i to be unmanageably sensitive. I was fine with the yaw responsiveness, but would lose control of the vessel every time I had to pitch up or down. I'm using keyboard and mouse.

I found the Hornet to be much more manageable as a dogfighter.

It's pretty, but tough.

Forgot your password?