Ares can have external size 5 Torpedoes!

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Yup, apparently you can swap out the external missile racks for two MSD-515 missile racks. This gives you two size 5s and twelve size 3 missiles (On the internal racks).
Basically a harder hitting Vanguard Harbringer, with less hull, same size shields and twice as many Size 3 missiles.

The Ares is the Vanguard killer!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Yup, apparently you can swap out the external missile racks for two MSD-515 missile racks. This gives you two size 5s and twelve size 3 missiles (On the internal racks).
Basically a harder hitting Vanguard Harbringer, with less hull, same size shields and twice as many Size 3 missiles.

The Ares is the Vanguard killer!
Wasn"t this always the plan.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
If its got S5 missile racks then you can put 1 x S5 or 2 x S4 on it - bye bye medium sized ships muahaha

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
It isn't just that you can put a Size 5 rack on it, it is also that the cowling artwork (or whatever you call it) changes appropriately & automatically when you make the change.

I'll try to post pictures here sometime. It is really neat! Attention to detail & all that...and another reason why the game is taking so long, lol

EDIT: Update, first photo is the Ares with 4 Size 3's, the next is with the single Size 5 torpedo...looks really cool!
Ares - 4 Size 3.jpg

Single Size 5 Torpedo:
Ares - 1 Size 5.png

Last edited:

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
It isn't just that you can put a Size 5 rack on it, it is also that the cowling artwork (or whatever you call it) changes appropriately & automatically when you make the change.

I'll try to post pictures here sometime. It is really neat! Attention to detail & all that...and another reason why the game is taking so long, lol
This sounds awesome.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It had to happen. There had to be something to balance the demented joy of the Starfarer finally getting the refuel mechanic.

I have been taken out by a great many ships in my time. An arrow single handedly took out my Connie. More ships than I am able to remember have one-shot my 350R. But the one which was most embarrassing of all was a Gladius single handedly took me out in a Starfarer. When that happened I said to myself "Its okay, when armour comes in I'll just tank these gnats."

Had to keep it balanced 😅

All I ask is for one thing. The amount/price of fuel in the 'Verse be linked to the number of player Starfarers destroyed. If it's going to happen, which it will, a lot - I only ask that there be a consequence which they will feel. You blow up the harvesters, you are harming yourself.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well speaking for me I always know that the swappable missile hardpoint could be fitted with S5 Torp, it's a nice addition that fit in the "large-ship killer" that the Strafighter have, nice to see that CIG goes extra mile and actually modify the cowl: I've see some image of the PTU variant and that wasn't a feature, you just swap the bestpoke laucher for a standard missile rail.

All I ask is for one thing. The amount/price of fuel in the 'Verse be linked to the number of player Starfarers destroyed. If it's going to happen, which it will, a lot - I only ask that there be a consequence which they will feel. You blow up the harvesters, you are harming yourself.
Is't this what QUANTA is suppose to do?
It will probably take a LOT of Starfarer kills to actually influence the fuel price in a significant and noticeble way, but price and economy fluctuattion should also take that into account.
As alternative you could also burn down some Kuwait oilfield...

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
It had to happen. There had to be something to balance the demented joy of the Starfarer finally getting the refuel mechanic.

I have been taken out by a great many ships in my time. An arrow single handedly took out my Connie. More ships than I am able to remember have one-shot my 350R. But the one which was most embarrassing of all was a Gladius single handedly took me out in a Starfarer. When that happened I said to myself "Its okay, when armour comes in I'll just tank these gnats."

Had to keep it balanced 😅

Perhaps there needs to be a Org of those that own / operate Starfarers that can post the names of those that attack their ships to either give them a jackass tax each time they needs emergency fuel top offs or if they are a repeat offender, simply have them banned by all players from helping them in the future. I'd call that a suitable consequence for attacking those that come to their rescue. I'd also suggest the same for those that attack paramedic ships. If you attack a paramedic ship & then die or face critical injuries, you get your organs harvested to be sold on the black market to hire mercenaries to hunt you down again.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Aaah!!! Now that is feckling cool as!!!

Forgot your password?