Argo SRV Concept Sale - Sale Open to All now

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
How humiliating would it be to an org that manages to get a Cap ship up & running to have it nerfed by a swarm of TESTies flying ships with only Distortion weapons to cripple the Cap & then have our tugs tow it into the nearest star with their players helpless onboard? Ultimate TESTie-bagging FTW!

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
How humiliating would it be to an org that manages to get a Cap ship up & running to have it nerfed by a swarm of TESTies flying ships with only Distortion weapons to cripple the Cap & then have our tugs tow it into the nearest star with their players helpless onboard? Ultimate TESTie-bagging FTW!
remember that hammerhead corvette scene from Rogue One?

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Ok, it occurred to me as I was hitting the snooze button. Maybe a good use of this ship would probably be if you find a wreck you can salvage with a vulture or something, but Joe Shmoe might find it too. So you get your org mates with a couple of Argo SRV's to tow it to an undisclosed safe space and you all take her apart.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Ok, it occurred to me as I was hitting the snooze button. Maybe a good use of this ship would probably be if you find a wreck you can salvage with a vulture or something, but Joe Shmoe might find it too. So you get your org mates with a couple of Argo SRV's to tow it to an undisclosed safe space and you all take her apart.
bingo, it will bring a new aspect to salvaging

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
If persistence is real there has to be a method of moving ships around. Clearly if you can afford and run a drake capital ship no problem the tug should cater for smaller ships. You can of course just move people and they fly one ship back at a time but relocating will take an age. Clearly you probably can tow damaged ships as well and perhaps its a race to see whether a repair ship or tug gets their first. If the ship was damaged in a fight though I am not sure you can survive in a this tug to recover anyone.

Damaged ship states assumes they fix ships just exploding.

So anyways there would seem to be a mission in ship delivery whether new from insurers or whatever.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
I like this recipe... but it needs a bit more salt... instead of towing a cap ship into a star , why not to a herd of TESTie reclaimers?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Forgot your password?